First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Christianity- Can it truly be considered Monotheistic?
4940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / New York City
Offline
Posted 11/10/10 , edited 11/10/10

longfenglim wrote:


popcornpuffs wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:


popcornpuffs wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:

So it' s okay to be polytheistic and Christian.. as long a God is put before all lessor gods?

or no?

No it is wrong to be polytheistic. You cannot be polytheistic and Christian at the same time. If you are polytheistic then you are not Christian. There is only one GOD.


Duly Noted...

I am now convinced. I shall immediately join the religious cheerleader squad.

How's this?

There is only one god!

There is only one god!

He is the Sun God.

Ra! Ra! Ra!

No he is Jesus -.- Jesus himself is God. If you need bible verse to prove it then I'll show it but considering th fact that you are a Non-believer it shouldn't matter.


If Jesus is God, where, then, where existed God before his conception by Mary and his untimely death, where is he after that now that God is deceased?

Or maybe, God existed, decided to come to earth on a holiday, checked in a womb for nine-month, checked out, decided that its a grand idea to tour Judea, before finally deciding to go home after several bout of homesickness and many curious wonderings as to whether the angels are secretly sleeping on his bed and using his toothbrush for more inappropiate activities.

This whole thing is confusing.

Verses that proves Jesus is God.

“I and the Father are one” (John 10:30).


Isaiah 43:10,11 - “You are My witnesses,” says the Lord, “And My servant whom I have chosen, That you may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, Nor shall there be after Me. I, even I, am the Lord, and besides Me there is no Savior.”

John 1:1 says that “the Word was God.” John 1:14 says that “And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us” This clearly indicates that Jesus is God in the flesh. Acts 20:28 tells us, "...Be shepherds of the church of God, which He bought with His own blood." Who bought the church with His own blood? Jesus Christ. Acts 20:28 declares that God purchased the church with His own blood. Therefore, Jesus is God

John 1:7 - For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming IN THE FLESH. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.



2106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Guess
Offline
Posted 11/10/10

popcornpuffs wrote:


longfenglim wrote:


popcornpuffs wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:


popcornpuffs wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:

So it' s okay to be polytheistic and Christian.. as long a God is put before all lessor gods?

or no?

No it is wrong to be polytheistic. You cannot be polytheistic and Christian at the same time. If you are polytheistic then you are not Christian. There is only one GOD.


Duly Noted...

I am now convinced. I shall immediately join the religious cheerleader squad.

How's this?

There is only one god!

There is only one god!

He is the Sun God.

Ra! Ra! Ra!

No he is Jesus -.- Jesus himself is God. If you need bible verse to prove it then I'll show it but considering th fact that you are a Non-believer it shouldn't matter.


If Jesus is God, where, then, where existed God before his conception by Mary and his untimely death, where is he after that now that God is deceased?

Or maybe, God existed, decided to come to earth on a holiday, checked in a womb for nine-month, checked out, decided that its a grand idea to tour Judea, before finally deciding to go home after several bout of homesickness and many curious wonderings as to whether the angels are secretly sleeping on his bed and using his toothbrush for more inappropiate activities.

This whole thing is confusing.

Verses that proves Jesus is God.

“I and the Father are one” (John 10:30).


Isaiah 43:10,11 - “You are My witnesses,” says the Lord, “And My servant whom I have chosen, That you may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, Nor shall there be after Me. I, even I, am the Lord, and besides Me there is no Savior.”

John 1:1 says that “the Word was God.” John 1:14 says that “And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us” This clearly indicates that Jesus is God in the flesh. Acts 20:28 tells us, "...Be shepherds of the church of God, which He bought with His own blood." Who bought the church with His own blood? Jesus Christ. Acts 20:28 declares that God purchased the church with His own blood. Therefore, Jesus is God

John 1:7 - For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming IN THE FLESH. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.





Wow! You can copy and paste- amazing, does that lead to any answer to my original question?
4940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / New York City
Offline
Posted 11/11/10 , edited 11/11/10
As long as the truth is there. I don't memorize all of my verses after all I am just a humanbeing? Thought I was a computer? I'd like to see you try to memorize every quote from the bible to validate an argument.. oh and by heart too... I thought's so. So I'd gladly copy and paste to show the truth Also, there is time where I don't have too know my verses, it's call reading the bible and learning from it and summarizing it.

PS - Why should I answer your question? All your answer to your question is in the bible. That's another proof that you have not read the entire bible and done your research. When you know God's word in this world, no one can ever put you down. There's nothing stronger than God words.
2106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Guess
Offline
Posted 11/12/10

popcornpuffs wrote:

As long as the truth is there. I don't memorize all of my verses after all I am just a humanbeing? Thought I was a computer? I'd like to see you try to memorize every quote from the bible to validate an argument.. oh and by heart too... I thought's so. So I'd gladly copy and paste to show the truth Also, there is time where I don't have too know my verses, it's call reading the bible and learning from it and summarizing it.

PS - Why should I answer your question? All your answer to your question is in the bible. That's another proof that you have not read the entire bible and done your research. When you know God's word in this world, no one can ever put you down. There's nothing stronger than God words.


Arrogance, Madam, and Pride are two great sin in your religion, am I not correct? You can pop up twenty-five quotes, none relating to the question at hand, and still not answer anything. If you can't answer it, don't respond, if you don't know, say so. Madam, I highly doubt that you actually took the time to read the Bible, judging by how reluctant you are to answer my question, and in our other debate. But, the Bible isn't God's word- how do I know that, because every book in the New Testament is ascribe to an author, a human author who isn't God. The Old testament is also not by God or the Prophets. How do I know? Because the prophets and God are describe in third person. And, additionally, must I read the Original Greek and Hebrew, you know, not corrupted by translators under the pay of Good King James I (though homosexual that he was, he did know how to choose poetic translators) to fit in with CoE theology.
50 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 11/12/10
longfenglim your diatribes reveal many things about your character. You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting................................
2106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Guess
Offline
Posted 11/12/10 , edited 11/12/10

forty6n2 wrote:

longfenglim your diatribes reveal many things about your character. You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting................................


What is wrong with anything I have said-
'You know that one book you use to bash homosexuals, yeah it was commissioned by one'
'The KJV was made with the twin objectives of providing an English Bible, and providing an English Bible that fit in with the newly form CoE'
or 'You have yet to answer anything, and, beside, it isn't actually God's Word, seeing as it is a second hand source and all.'

They are all factual, and you can readily look it up to verify it.

But make of it what you will.
75432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 11/12/10

forty6n2 wrote:

longfenglim your diatribes reveal many things about your character. You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting................................


By whom?

Some Troll on the internet? Measure away pal.

And have a nice day.


Posted 11/13/10

forty6n2 wrote:

longfenglim your diatribes reveal many things about your character. You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting................................


I sense homosexuality in you. A lot of it.
50 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 11/13/10
Aye trolls indeed begets more trolls lawl. I've often heard gays have an impeccable ability to sense other gays but Mr. Entropy in your case what you sense is profound admiration.
1610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 11/18/10
I think Christianity can be truly considered monotheistic.

God IS composed of three entities, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, however, they are all the same God, just different forms, or different parts.

Like a three headed snake or a clover, it's got three heads but it's still the same snake. Just one snake. Same with a clover, just because it has three leaves doesn't mean it's three different clovers, its still just the same, single clover.

It's kind of confusing, but that's how it is.
2106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Guess
Offline
Posted 11/27/10

forty6n2 wrote:

Aye trolls indeed begets more trolls lawl. I've often heard gays have an impeccable ability to sense other gays but Mr. Entropy in your case what you sense is profound admiration.


Ah, isn't Homophobia such a lovely thing- it can reduce a complex political or theological argument into 'You are Gay', 'No, you are', 'Well, if I am Gay, you are a Gayer Gay'.
Posted 11/28/10
Satan, in my opinion, is not that evil force he's all hyped up to be. If we were to compare heaven or the world of the divine to a courtroom, he would be the prosecutor. I don't think he's necessarily "evil", but he's just playing devil's advocate (for lack of a better word). When I die and reach that divine courtroom, I think he'll be the one arguing against my case.
75432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 11/28/10

_Dav_ wrote:

Satan, in my opinion, is not that evil force he's all hyped up to be. If we were to compare heaven or the world of the divine to a courtroom, he would be the prosecutor. I don't think he's necessarily "evil", but he's just playing devil's advocate (for lack of a better word). When I die and reach that divine courtroom, I think he'll be the one arguing against my case.


I've heard some people expand further on that theory suggesting that Satan is, as you say, not a rennegade so much as an agent. Not ultimately out to commit evil, so much as EVOKE it.

It can be suggested that Satan is fond of temptation as his primary tool because his real role is that of agent provacateur or overzealous undercover cop. Leaving aside the issue of entrapment, some protrayals of satan suggest that his job is to reveal who is evil at heart and who is, contrarily, strong with their faith.

Not, that I'm a believer either way but this view does remove some of the contradictions surounding a perfect god allowing a rebel to exist.

Posted 11/28/10

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


_Dav_ wrote:

Satan, in my opinion, is not that evil force he's all hyped up to be. If we were to compare heaven or the world of the divine to a courtroom, he would be the prosecutor. I don't think he's necessarily "evil", but he's just playing devil's advocate (for lack of a better word). When I die and reach that divine courtroom, I think he'll be the one arguing against my case.


I've heard some people expand further on that theory suggesting that Satan is, as you say, not a rennegade so much as an agent. Not ultimately out to commit evil, so much as EVOKE it.

It can be suggested that Satan is fond of temptation as his primary tool because his real role is that of agent provacateur or overzealous undercover cop. Leaving aside the issue of entrapment, some protrayals of satan suggest that his job is to reveal who is evil at heart and who is, contrarily, strong with their faith.

Not, that I'm a believer either way but this view does remove some of the contradictions surounding a perfect god allowing a rebel to exist.



Exactly. As a Catholic myself, we aren't "taught" to recognize Satan as some nemesis to God. Simply to avoid his temptations and false promises. Deeeespite that, Satan vs God is fairly entertaining in film.
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 11/29/10
I am a Christian and we only believe in One God. There are no lesser gods, but only One God who is sovereign. We believe in the 3 aspects or "persons" of God. These being God the Father, God the Son (Jesus), and the Holy Spirit of God. It's beyond our comprehension to understand that the Three are One. The Bible never specifically mentions the Trinity, it is a concept that Christian theologians gave created to help explain God.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.