First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Africa needs a helping hand...
1489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / pink world~♪
Offline
Posted 1/10/08

lilmizzsilent wrote:


hewlam wrote:

yeah its ture.. but its not that they never thought of it.. its just that they dont know how to deal with these resources and minirals that they have...!!! and lyk After the Europeans left them... they didnt know anything about governming.. cz europeans use to do all of that b4 they left... nd lyk u knw the cropes... >> the climate there is drought s0o plants rnt easily grown + they dnt have good fertile soil s0o thts y..!!



Ok, maybe they didn't know anything about governing or how to use the resources, they could have taught themselves how to do all that, Britain did so did America and Japan and all the MEDCs the MEDCs wouldn't be MEDCs if they didn't teach themselves how to govern or use resources.
I agree with you when you say things about climate change and drought and stuff because that's mostly the MEDCs falt for creating the polution.



yeah.. they shld have but they dnt have ways.. i mean african people are not used to governing so they had no clue by tht time..!!! nd yeah.. the polution also effects..!!
1928 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Offline
Posted 1/10/08


hewlam wrote:

yeah.. they shld have but they dnt have ways.. i mean african people are not used to governing so they had no clue by tht time..!!! nd yeah.. the polution also effects..!!


Of course they have ways, where there's a will there's a way, they should have looked at what Britain did to govern the place!!!!
69 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / California, San R...
Offline
Posted 1/10/08

n0odle wrote:


TitanXelon wrote:

Noodle i find that offensive, because, no one want to be pitty whore, it so much curruption in the govs, that makes it that way. Now if the usa sent what they sent to Iraq, then most of africa would get in line right away. Since they have man power, to reconstruct and do great. Pllus no one really hates the usa over there so no snipers or bombers trying to kill the soilders.

Also, people just don't hang around wildlife, they have to sit, because evil soilder come around and cut the men hands and feet off. They do this to people who are trying to better thier living area. Thats the type of curroption that must be fought. Also thier armies are not that big to fight. Unlike Alqudia if i spelled that right, which has millions of followers that want to merc them.





DAMMMMM GOOOOD ONE! hahhhahahaha GOOO AFRiIIIKKAA CHEA... BONG
739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 1/10/08
nOodle what are you joking about, AIDS is killing millions of people, how would you feel if say one of you friends or family members had it oh snap you got aids
739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 1/10/08

lilmizzsilent wrote:



hewlam wrote:

yeah.. they shld have but they dnt have ways.. i mean african people are not used to governing so they had no clue by tht time..!!! nd yeah.. the polution also effects..!!


Of course they have ways, where there's a will there's a way, they should have looked at what Britain did to govern the place!!!!


Britain sold millions of african as slaves and made money that and also most african countries are poor now because of all the exploitation that britain and all the other colonizers did, oh and could be a doctor without going through education and going to med school?? its like that if people havent been able to go to school then how are they going to govern + the west supports these corrupt governments so they can exploit poorer countries so that they wont have competition in the global market!
1928 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Offline
Posted 1/10/08

abyaradia wrote:


lilmizzsilent wrote:



hewlam wrote:

yeah.. they shld have but they dnt have ways.. i mean african people are not used to governing so they had no clue by tht time..!!! nd yeah.. the polution also effects..!!


Of course they have ways, where there's a will there's a way, they should have looked at what Britain did to govern the place!!!!


Britain sold millions of african as slaves and made money that and also most african countries are poor now because of all the exploitation that britain and all the other colonizers did, oh and could be a doctor without going through education and going to med school?? its like that if people havent been able to go to school then how are they going to govern + the west supports these corrupt governments so they can exploit poorer countries so that they wont have competition in the global market!


Ok I get you point. So now I just see it as this its the MEDCs or what you said 'colonizers' are the ones who put africa in this state, so basically they should sort it out.
739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 1/10/08

lilmizzsilent wrote:


abyaradia wrote:


lilmizzsilent wrote:



hewlam wrote:

yeah.. they shld have but they dnt have ways.. i mean african people are not used to governing so they had no clue by tht time..!!! nd yeah.. the polution also effects..!!


Of course they have ways, where there's a will there's a way, they should have looked at what Britain did to govern the place!!!!


Britain sold millions of african as slaves and made money that and also most african countries are poor now because of all the exploitation that britain and all the other colonizers did, oh and could be a doctor without going through education and going to med school?? its like that if people havent been able to go to school then how are they going to govern + the west supports these corrupt governments so they can exploit poorer countries so that they wont have competition in the global market!


Ok I get you point. So now I just see it as this its the MEDCs or what you said 'colonizers' are the ones who put africa in this state, so basically they should sort it out.


partly, they should help the people elect a decent leader instead of supporting the conmen as presidents
1325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / F / I dont speak english
Offline
Posted 1/10/08

abyaradia wrote:

nOodle what are you joking about, AIDS is killing millions of people, how would you feel if say one of you friends or family members had it oh snap you got aids


Actually i've been living surrounded with aids all my life. My father best friend is HIV positive, and when i was younger, we all knew there was "little monsters" hididng in Patrick's blood, and if he was getting hurt we had to stay away and call the police and the hospital very fast.

Yes, the picture made me laugh. Why? Because yes, i have people in my surrounding who died of it, its sad, But the aids problem in africa is real, huge even, and the irony of the picture made me smile.

I dont like that we treat africans like if they was all dying of aids and malnutrition. Some country are well develloped and have great education. Anyway, thats beside the point.

Helping them inst that easy. They are a proud as everybody else, and as affraid as everybody else. Aids is a big problem, and when you have aids, you get bullied in school and beated up as a woman. The stigmatisation is somehow worst for woman, yet convincing them to wears condoms is hard.

Some africans will think, since its mainly a "white man thing" that the whites are affraid of the black taking over them as a number, and think its a way to slow down black people to reproduce. Because there is "too much blacks". Its hard for woman too, they often transmits it to their childrens with breast feeding them (because, despite the rumor, you normaly dont transmit Aids to your children is you are pregnant) because as much as they will like to feed them with a bootle, they dont have the money for it and even when its given to them, they will get beated up because people will know they are bootle feeding their baby because they have aids.

Everyone know im not from USA and i wont judge you gouvernement, but one of the first thing Bush did was to say that gouv. money wont go in any sexualy related project unless the main idea behind it is abstinence... Whit the result of all the help sent to Africans country, because a condoms say "do it but be safe" so it wasnt in the new rules. How stupid. Thank you to have kills thousand of people, you douchebag.

BUT

I think its nice to worry about others country, its nice to be aware of what hapenning, but you have to choose your cause and stick to it. Be sure before you turn yourself to a organisation that it really reflect what you are thinking. Some organisation will provide help to only catholics africans, some to orthodoxes, some only to childrens, some only to woman. Be sure of what you want to support, and be sure that its a big organisation and that your money really goes where it is suppose to. That is if you dont want to "dirty your hands" and "feel less guilty" Money always help, true, but its not the only thing you can do.

You are so sorry about africa while people are dying right there at your doorstep. Where the suidical rates are so high. When single mother/father have troubles feeding their childs just down the street. When this winter alone, dozen of homeless people will die of cold. When a high %% of person cant even read the prescription on the pills they just brought because they cant read.

Yeah, africa is sad you say, sitting there, drinking your morning cup of coffee that a woman that have 5$ a week to feed her familly harvested for you, with your shoes sew by a 5 years old in a sweatshop, driving a car that is nocive to the environement and that will kill us all at the end.

Yeah, africa is terrible. Its like everywhere else. We cant save everyone. Pick up your cause and stick to it.

And i dont want a single one of you to say "i cant do anything" cause its a lie. we can all make a difference if we want to.
583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Oregon
Offline
Posted 1/10/08
I won't help someone that won't help themselves. AIDS happens because of unprotected relations, for the most part. AIDS is so widespread because so many are immoral. Famine happens there because there are too many people and not enough food. If you breed in that environment, you are irresponsible and don't deserve my help because you are selfish and foolish. Anything that happens to the children of irresponsible people is the parent's fault. I feel bad for them and I do give money to missions work every month, but that is as far as I am willing to go.
If you can't control your own bodies, be unselfish and make wise choices; you are acting like an animal and not a civilized human.
82434 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / CA, U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 1/10/08

hewlam wrote:


Tenshi25 wrote:

Africa isn't the only place that needs a helping hand. There are MANY countries that needs help, but are we doing anything? So if I was to help Africa out, I have to help all the other countries.

And I know Africa is a continent.

So will I help, probably not because I am too busy taking care of my own family to help others. Why help others when you can't help your own?



yeah ur right.. there are many contries that needs our help aswell.. i knw that... but africa is large contenint as u knw and i really think that its the most that needs help... although yea we have to help all...

i disagree with you in one point...... '' why help others when you can't help your own''
The problems we are facing now a dayz.. are super diffrent from Africa's suffarage... They dont have home to live in.. or food to eat..!! our problems might be solved by time.. but they are dieing each second s0o we cant delay our help and must help them as soon as possible s0o that less ppl will die...!! even if we cnt provide them with things... we can pray for them!!!


Your right on that, but like I said, why help others when you can't help yourself. In order to help others, you NEED to make sure that you are able to live life the next day. Sure you can pray, but that is about it, you're just praying, not really taking real action. Remember, not everyone IS a believer. They want to see action done.

Oh and it seems like you are shoving this down everyone's throat. Lets face it, not too many will care and there is no point for you to waste your time in trying to convince them otherwise. What about those who have families in the third world country and helping them out huh. Does that count so that they too can not live like those in Africa?

Oh and some of what the above said are true. . . .

817 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Conyers, Albany,...
Offline
Posted 1/10/08

n0odle wrote:


TitanXelon wrote:

Noodle i find that offensive, because, no one want to be pitty whore, it so much curruption in the govs, that makes it that way. Now if the usa sent what they sent to Iraq, then most of africa would get in line right away. Since they have man power, to reconstruct and do great. Pllus no one really hates the usa over there so no snipers or bombers trying to kill the soilders.

Also, people just don't hang around wildlife, they have to sit, because evil soilder come around and cut the men hands and feet off. They do this to people who are trying to better thier living area. Thats the type of curroption that must be fought. Also thier armies are not that big to fight. Unlike Alqudia if i spelled that right, which has millions of followers that want to merc them.





R U RACIST
Posted 1/10/08
Sure, helping Africa get out of poverty and all is a good idea but I think that we should deal with the genocide in Darfur first.
2847 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
77 / F
Offline
Posted 1/10/08

n0odle wrote:




HAHAHAHAHA. GOOD ONE.
Posted 1/10/08 , edited 4/18/08
It's amazing how everyone thinks Africa is just filled with poor hungry disease ridden black people. You do realize parts of Africa used to be a british colon and there are TONS of white people living in south africa.

And to whoever said to ask Africa's government to do something...You're joking right? Their government is one of the most corrupt in the world and has been for the better part of 30 years.


But besides that....I don't live in Africa so I don't care what happens to them.


Trevor (OP)
186 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Jersey.
Offline
Posted 1/10/08 , edited 4/18/08

doomgiver4ever wrote:

I won't help someone that won't help themselves. AIDS happens because of unprotected relations, for the most part. AIDS is so widespread because so many are immoral. Famine happens there because there are too many people and not enough food. If you breed in that environment, you are irresponsible and don't deserve my help because you are selfish and foolish. Anything that happens to the children of irresponsible people is the parent's fault. I feel bad for them and I do give money to missions work every month, but that is as far as I am willing to go.
If you can't control your own bodies, be unselfish and make wise choices; you are acting like an animal and not a civilized human.


I'm impressed. An adult like yourself saying such things .. ignorant things at that. But of course, you're 42 and still watching Anime.

I'm thrilled that you think the seemingly endless supply of condoms in Africa (insert sarcasm) isn't being put to use. You fail to see the toppling effects from a lack of supplies, and food. You also seem to think that AIDS can only be spread one way -- you're also very wrong. There's so much I could say to you, but looking at your comment you're not that intelligent.

I love how you argue that they "don't deserve your help", and how you "won't help someone who won't help themselves" .. but at the same time you supposedly give money to missions every month. You're a fucking liar and a hypocrite.



Moreover, I don't see why this topic was even started. You're all well aware of the insensitive, obnoxious, immature, and plain disgusting users we have spoiling an attempt at an intellectual conversation.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.