First  Prev  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  104  105  106  Next  Last
Crunchyroll iOS app
19043 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Argentina, Capita...
Offline
Posted 10/13/12

CrowdBender wrote:


Gustavt wrote:


Bjaker wrote:



I'm going to see if I can get our iOS Engineer in here to talk to ya!


That would be great Bjaker! Very kind of your part. Thanks!


Engineer here. What device are you running on? Other than iOS 4 and 5 on iPhone, video mirroring should automatically happen when you plug in an HDMI adapter.


I'm running IOS 6 on Ipad 3 (not getting full screen support with HDMI with the original apple adaptor), also downloaded the last android app in my Galaxy S3 and it doesn't support subtitles (but it shows full screen instead of the IOS app that doesn't)........
It's like a bad joke....on the Ipad no full screen support with HDMI but with subtitles.....and on the Galaxy S3 (android) full screen support but no subtitles!!!!! I wish I could merge these two apps into one and getting for what I'm paying!!!
No desire to th rude...but It's like a 50/50 between those 2 apps......
Al least, Could you get me some workaround to these problem?
Thanks!
6021 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/13/12

edruro wrote:


Bjaker wrote:



This is for any content?


Yes, tried with several shows from different seasons.

Yup, any shows

20017 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/13/12
Just wanted to post and say that I have been encountering several problems with the Crunchyroll App since they released the iOS 6 update. I finally got around to updating my iPad 2 hoping this would fix the issue. Unfortunately now I am completely unable to view any video due to error which just says "session required."

I would greatly appreciate any assist in this matter.
edruro 
22043 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/13/12
Just discovered something.

If I change the language to spanish, I can watch the shows, but there are only four of them. If I set english, there are more shows, but none of them will play.

So yes, this a problem related to outsiders that want to watch the shows in english. It's not a licensing problem, by the way, since I can watch the english shows from a computer without any problem.
20017 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/13/12
Disregard my previous comment. I reinstalled the app and it's playing now. However for some reason it won't play in HD, even though I can view Premium Content.
17099 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/14/12
I have a ipad3 with ios6. The latest problems are that after watching a show you can't see again. They won't restart at zero. If I had hit done after watching it will open at that point the next time. I let the latest SAO play out tonight until it closed and returned to the selection page and when I tried to rewatch it all I got was a black screen. Won't load at all.
Also now the "contact" links in settings for help no longer connect to anything. Used to be able to email CS here.

So why can't I watch a show more than once?
The Wise Wizard
73132 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 10/14/12

Raspike55 wrote:
Also now the "contact" links in settings for help no longer connect to anything. Used to be able to email CS here.

If the one in the app won't work, use this one via the web browser:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/help?topic=contact

20017 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/14/12

Raspike55 wrote:

I have a ipad3 with ios6. The latest problems are that after watching a show you can't see again. They won't restart at zero. If I had hit done after watching it will open at that point the next time. I let the latest SAO play out tonight until it closed and returned to the selection page and when I tried to rewatch it all I got was a black screen. Won't load at all.
Also now the "contact" links in settings for help no longer connect to anything. Used to be able to email CS here.

So why can't I watch a show more than once?


I'm having the same problem, actually. Once I watch something once it won't restart at zero.
40027 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / Fort Worth, TX
Offline
Posted 10/14/12 , edited 10/14/12

JFlight wrote:

Thanks for the update, but the app's still useless for my purposes until your "engineers" reactivate the video-out via cable. I used to use this app to watch episodes on my old CRT TV through a composite cable and since the last two updates, that function is disabled.

I'm really considering cancelling my subscription guys, come on and throw me a bone here.


Agree with this 100%. I used the AV Composite (Apple cable) to display videos on an old SD TV in my spare bedroom (man cave) and with 5.1.1 the app will only output audio....NO VIDEO. I have been a paying member for a year now and I am considering cancelling if the app isn't updated to fix this problem. WHY disable this functionality? Does CR want to lose subscribers?

I hope someone at CR actually cares enough to fix this problem...

iPhone 4
iOS 5.1.1
CR app 2.03
9010 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M
Offline
Posted 10/14/12
The notes for the latest release said "fixed Airplay", but I tested it and nothing has changed. Only audio is being sent to the Apple TV, not the video.

Now, I don't have a premium membership. Sorry, but at this point in my life, I have far too many monthly bills to add another one just for anime. Plus, ads don't bother me. There was a post earlier in this thread that implied that Apple TV streaming was now for premium members only. Is that really the case? If so, shouldn't that be made crystal clear somewhere in the app or on the website? And shouldn't the Airplay icon be disabled altogether instead of just sending audio?

On the off chance that this is simply a problem that can be fixed, these are my system stats:
iPhone 4S
iOS 6
2nd gen Apple TV
Latest version of app as of 10/14/2012

And while I'm typing, I just want to say that the previous version of the app was quite probably, my most favorite app of all the apps on my phone, which makes the current version all the more disappointing.

------RM
47012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M
Offline
Posted 10/15/12
I love having my Queue available, but since the end of September, my history is not updating, which affects the "next" video for a series.

iPad 3, iOS 6 / iPhone 4S, iOS 6
16025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / HI
Offline
Posted 10/15/12
1. Ipad 3G
2. 6.0
3. Downloaded today 10/15/12 through crunchyroll.com
4. Get "error the request timed out" on every video that I'm trying to watch.
5. - lunch ipad version crunchyroll app
- login into my account
- lunch a video and get error message.
- turn off ipad and tur it back on.
- repeated the first 4 steps with no luck. Also tried resetting my wifi.
Aunix1 
13014 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 10/15/12
Hello:

Do you plan to put the option of the Video Transfer from the iOS device to the TV???

I think this could be a great update for the app
Master Tinkerer
23040 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 10/15/12

Gustavt wrote:


CrowdBender wrote:


Gustavt wrote:


Bjaker wrote:



I'm going to see if I can get our iOS Engineer in here to talk to ya!


That would be great Bjaker! Very kind of your part. Thanks!


Engineer here. What device are you running on? Other than iOS 4 and 5 on iPhone, video mirroring should automatically happen when you plug in an HDMI adapter.


I'm running IOS 6 on Ipad 3 (not getting full screen support with HDMI with the original apple adaptor), also downloaded the last android app in my Galaxy S3 and it doesn't support subtitles (but it shows full screen instead of the IOS app that doesn't)........
It's like a bad joke....on the Ipad no full screen support with HDMI but with subtitles.....and on the Galaxy S3 (android) full screen support but no subtitles!!!!! I wish I could merge these two apps into one and getting for what I'm paying!!!
No desire to th rude...but It's like a 50/50 between those 2 apps......
Al least, Could you get me some workaround to these problem?
Thanks!


We've got an iPad 3 on iOS 6 in the office too. Mirroring should begin as soon as you plug in the HDMI adaptor. This is supported natively by Apple, so it should work before you even begin running Crunchyroll. In fact, here's a picture of ours mirroring the AppStore. You should be able to use this to watch Crunchyroll on your TV for the time being.

Regardless, a real fix will coming out in the next update. In the meantime, perhaps consult your friendly neighborhood Apple Genius?

19043 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Argentina, Capita...
Offline
Posted 10/16/12 , edited 10/16/12

CrowdBender wrote:


Gustavt wrote:


CrowdBender wrote:


Gustavt wrote:


Bjaker wrote:



I'm going to see if I can get our iOS Engineer in here to talk to ya!


That would be great Bjaker! Very kind of your part. Thanks!


Engineer here. What device are you running on? Other than iOS 4 and 5 on iPhone, video mirroring should automatically happen when you plug in an HDMI adapter.


I'm running IOS 6 on Ipad 3 (not getting full screen support with HDMI with the original apple adaptor), also downloaded the last android app in my Galaxy S3 and it doesn't support subtitles (but it shows full screen instead of the IOS app that doesn't)........
It's like a bad joke....on the Ipad no full screen support with HDMI but with subtitles.....and on the Galaxy S3 (android) full screen support but no subtitles!!!!! I wish I could merge these two apps into one and getting for what I'm paying!!!
No desire to th rude...but It's like a 50/50 between those 2 apps......
Al least, Could you get me some workaround to these problem?
Thanks!


We've got an iPad 3 on iOS 6 in the office too. Mirroring should begin as soon as you plug in the HDMI adaptor. This is supported natively by Apple, so it should work before you even begin running Crunchyroll. In fact, here's a picture of ours mirroring the AppStore. You should be able to use this to watch Crunchyroll on your TV for the time being.

Regardless, a real fix will coming out in the next update. In the meantime, perhaps consult your friendly neighborhood Apple Genius?



I didn't mean mirroring mode, I was talking about full tv output support (aka full screen support not a cropped 4:3 image) but thanks for your answer anyway. I have hopes this feature to make a come back again in the CR app very soon.
First  Prev  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  104  105  106  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.