First  Prev  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  Next  Last
Crunchyroll iOS app
Artfan 
37311 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Indiana, USA
Offline
Posted 1/21/11
By the way, speedtest.net app routinely records 1.3x Mbps via WiFi. Although, now, some episodes have no play button to start the video?
Engineer
87993 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / California
Offline
Posted 1/21/11

mihidum wrote:

1) iPhone 4
2) 4.2.1
3) Latest
4) Episodes of Shugo Chara from 40 to about 48 have a screen at the start about production information. They also have audio sync issues (maybe because of the production details) and aspect ratio issues.
5) Watch an episode from on an ios device. I'm watching from Australia if that makes a difference.


Thanks for the report, we'll have these episodes fixed as soon as we can.


Artfan wrote:

By the way, speedtest.net app routinely records 1.3x Mbps via WiFi. Although, now, some episodes have no play button to start the video?


What episodes are you trying to watch? The latest releases are only available to Premium Members and made available for everyone else a week or more later.
Artfan 
37311 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Indiana, USA
Offline
Posted 1/21/11
Hyakko 10. But I watched it on my PC OK. The rest are fine on my iPad. Funny, because another episode was started by me by mistake on the iPad, so I tried to switch to ep 10, but I could still hear audio from the previous episode? That's when the orange play button was nowhere to be found on ep 10. Restarting and reinstalling do not help. Thanks!
Posted 1/21/11
Love the app, it plays smooth on my iPad. One question though, when are you guys getting rid of the censorship? I wouldn't mind getting a separate premium membership but I hate it when I start watching Magicians Academy ( for example) on my laptop and can't continue on my iPad because it is considered "mature". What is your definition of mature anyway? Apple will allow Playboy to show full content in March so don't you think you should deliver full content too?
Engineer
87993 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / California
Offline
Posted 1/21/11 , edited 1/21/11

Artfan wrote:

Hyakko 10. But I watched it on my PC OK. The rest are fine on my iPad. Funny, because another episode was started by me by mistake on the iPad, so I tried to switch to ep 10, but I could still hear audio from the previous episode? That's when the orange play button was nowhere to be found on ep 10. Restarting and reinstalling do not help. Thanks!


We're in the process of encoding a bunch of videos and that particular one is somewhere in the list of videos to be encoded which is why it's not available. You'll probably notice other random cases like that but they'll be available once the videos have been encoded.

Edit: All of the episodes for Hyakko should now be available through our iOS app (as well as our other apps).
Engineer
87993 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / California
Offline
Posted 1/21/11

Erik0666 wrote:

Love the app, it plays smooth on my iPad. One question though, when are you guys getting rid of the censorship? I wouldn't mind getting a separate premium membership but I hate it when I start watching Magicians Academy ( for example) on my laptop and can't continue on my iPad because it is considered "mature". What is your definition of mature anyway? Apple will allow Playboy to show full content in March so don't you think you should deliver full content too?


The answer to your question is here:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-689490/mature-content-iphone-crunchyroll-app?fpid=35107355
Posted 1/21/11
Thanks, I just re activated my premium membership and activated mature content. However I still get the same message. Do I need to wait a bit?
Artfan 
37311 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Indiana, USA
Offline
Posted 1/21/11

BasouKazuma wrote:


Artfan wrote:

Hyakko 10. But I watched it on my PC OK. The rest are fine on my iPad. Funny, because another episode was started by me by mistake on the iPad, so I tried to switch to ep 10, but I could still hear audio from the previous episode? That's when the orange play button was nowhere to be found on ep 10. Restarting and reinstalling do not help. Thanks!


We're in the process of encoding a bunch of videos and that particular one is somewhere in the list of videos to be encoded which is why it's not available. You'll probably notice other random cases like that but they'll be available once the videos have been encoded.

Edit: All of the episodes for Hyakko should now be available through our iOS app (as well as our other apps).


BasouKazuma, Yes, ep 10 is now doing just fine. Thanks!
Eledy 
48315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / New York, NY
Offline
Posted 1/22/11
I am so bummed out! Today I got my iPod touch 4th generation as my b-day gift and the first application that I downloaded was Crunchyroll. I was able to watch a preview to Letter Bee but after that I was not able to watch anything at all. The app. would go through I can search for animes and dramas but I can not see them. The screen just stays dark.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this is happening?! o__o

64953 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / you are here
Offline
Posted 1/22/11
Spoke to soon. App is still broken for me. I even did a full factory restore and fresh install of all apps. I can't get any video to play, the problem is as follows:

1) Device type - iPad 3G
2) OS version - 4.2.1 (8C148)
3) App version - 1.10
4) Problem - Crunchyroll splash screen appears, video goes fullscreen and turns black, no video or audio start, screen stays black no controls appear no video plays. App must be quit with Home key.
5) Steps to reproduce - Open app start a video from Browse area or History. The rest of the app functions as it should.


Since the latest install I regularly receive the message: General API Error.

I don't really expect any solutions because I've tried every possible fix available to a user. However, if you could pass this info onto the Devs so they can fix the app that would be great.

Also, I was periodically experiencing poor cacheing/buffering, stopping video, and sudden degraded quality (despite a good connection) as some others have reported.
64953 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / you are here
Offline
Posted 1/22/11
Happy Birthday ♪( ´▽`)

I'm having the same problem. Could you post the requested bug report info with your concern so CR can use it to help identify possible causes and hopefully a solution. The reporting info is on the first post for this thread or you can see what they need in my post that came after yours.

Thanks (^_−)−☆
Artfan 
37311 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Indiana, USA
Offline
Posted 1/22/11

Artfan wrote:

1) Device Type - MC496LL 32GB 3G iPad
2) OS Version - 4.2.1 (8C148)
3) App Version - 1.10
4) Detailed Description - Sometimes videos play for a few seconds, then freeze. My router shows constant network activity at the time, but the videos do not resume. Restarting the iPad or reinstalling Crunchyroll allows starting the video over again, but once more it freezes. Sometimes the player goes completely black, when the iPad wireless meter, clock, and battery level are still visible, but there are no controls available for Crunchyroll.
5) Steps to reproduce the problem - Play a video.


One more thing not mentioned up to now is video playback freezing before the last 10 seconds or so of every episode, but the audio continues on to the end.
28020 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 1/22/11
I'm running the latest version, but it's working perfectly now! This is great.
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 1/22/11
I have the iPod 4th generation and everytime I try to watch the video the subtitles dialogue have a giant lag/delay and it still does even after I redownloaded it it still lags
23326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Takamagahara
Offline
Posted 1/24/11
iPhone 4, 32GB Version, Pretty lame that Crunchyroll has been a dead application on my first page for so long, I watch over 80% of my anime on my Phone, So I kinda' expect it to work when I pay good money for a Fantastic service on my iMac. Please fix this ASAP.
First  Prev  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.