First  Prev  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  Next  Last
Crunchyroll iOS app
8 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 8/16/12
I too have been attempting to watch an anime only for it to stop a few seconds in.

To be more specific:
Device is Ipad2
OS is 5.1.1
app version is most recent because in an attempt to fix the problem, I deleted and redownloaded the crunchyroll app.
And the anime I specifically am attempting to watch is The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Beyond that, even before this occurred, sometimes near the end of the episode it would just start playing the beginning of the episode again. While that problem was easily solved by redownloading, that solution only worked for a short time before it happened again.

A solution to these problems would be much appreciated.
CR Community Manager
Bjaker 
37553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 8/17/12
Apologies for any inconvenience yesterday.

Issue with iOS only playing for a few seconds has been resolved.
34030 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Northwest Florida...
Offline
Posted 8/19/12
I personally think that CR needs to be interactive with its customer base by giving info on how progress is going on fixes and the like. I understand you can't tell us every detail but instead of saying we're working on a fix tell us something like "working on a new update and anticipating a quick release" or something, it's better to keep us informed as paying customers than to let us stay in the dark and argue among ourselves on fixes and workarounds.
760 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / England
Offline
Posted 8/19/12
I'm also having the same problem with episodes running about nineteen minutes in, then skipping back to the beginning where it runs on even when the time goes to 0.00 at the 'end' of the episode. Reloading the app seems to fix it, but it's still a bit of a pain.
CR Community Manager
Bjaker 
37553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 8/20/12


I thought I did a pretty good job at this.
Also, sometimes I can't give concrete information so 'We're working on it' is what I've got.
I don't want to make false promises.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
CR Community Manager
Bjaker 
37553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 8/20/12


There are steps for a work around in the Known Issues thread on the main Help page.
Kazugi 
43054 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/21/12
Hi!
I have been watching Dr. Jin on my Ipad 3 and the first three episodes was fine - but for some unknown reason episode four and five was cut 12 minutes short.... When the episode starts it says it is an hour and three minutes (however long it is) but when it ends it says it was only 49 minutes. Did not matter how much backing out and re-start episode and what not it stayed on 49 minutes....

Why is that and is it something that can be fixed?

Thanks!!
55769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / San Antonio
Offline
Posted 8/21/12

Trumpet15 wrote:

I personally think that CR needs to be interactive with its customer base by giving info on how progress is going on fixes and the like. I understand you can't tell us every detail but instead of saying we're working on a fix tell us something like "working on a new update and anticipating a quick release" or something, it's better to keep us informed as paying customers than to let us stay in the dark and argue among ourselves on fixes and workarounds.


Don't know where you have been, but CR has been one of the most active companies I have seen in regards to customer support.

Look around and you will see a ton of posts made by Bjaker and Bazoukazuma on these forums. They are also replying to problems submitted through their Contact Us page which of course you will not see unless you fill out the form with your own problem and request a response.
34030 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Northwest Florida...
Offline
Posted 8/21/12

-Chris311- wrote:


Trumpet15 wrote:

I personally think that CR needs to be interactive with its customer base by giving info on how progress is going on fixes and the like. I understand you can't tell us every detail but instead of saying we're working on a fix tell us something like "working on a new update and anticipating a quick release" or something, it's better to keep us informed as paying customers than to let us stay in the dark and argue among ourselves on fixes and workarounds.


Don't know where you have been, but CR has been one of the most active companies I have seen in regards to customer support.

Look around and you will see a ton of posts made by Bjaker and Bazoukazuma on these forums. They are also replying to problems submitted through their Contact Us page which of course you will not see unless you fill out the form with your own problem and request a response.


I did not mean offense but the fact remains there have been the same problems for a long time now and I've seen little in the way of fixing them. Telling us to restart videos, uninstall and reinstall, close app and try again, are not fixing the issues at hand and only work for a limited time before it has to be done again. I was just offering a suggestion about maybe giving paying customers concrete evidence that there are updates and fixes on the way instead of giving vague common answers over and over again would be better. Again I repeat I did not mean offense.
55769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / San Antonio
Offline
Posted 8/21/12 , edited 8/21/12



Your suggestion really does not change anything though. Just adding "it will be out soon" does nothing at all except force a promise that CR may not be able to make.

I think "We are working on it" is the best way to answer the "When will an update come out?" question, mainly because CR does not want to promise a date and not meet it because Apple decided to take their sweet time in approving the app update, which BTW, if you read the thread would already know that CR has submitted an update for the app to Apple and now we have to just wait for Apple to approve and release the update to the App Store,

34030 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Northwest Florida...
Offline
Posted 8/21/12

-Chris311- wrote:


Trumpet15 wrote:


-Chris311- wrote:


Trumpet15 wrote:

I personally think that CR needs to be interactive with its customer base by giving info on how progress is going on fixes and the like. I understand you can't tell us every detail but instead of saying we're working on a fix tell us something like "working on a new update and anticipating a quick release" or something, it's better to keep us informed as paying customers than to let us stay in the dark and argue among ourselves on fixes and workarounds.


Don't know where you have been, but CR has been one of the most active companies I have seen in regards to customer support.

Look around and you will see a ton of posts made by Bjaker and Bazoukazuma on these forums. They are also replying to problems submitted through their Contact Us page which of course you will not see unless you fill out the form with your own problem and request a response.


I did not mean offense but the fact remains there have been the same problems for a long time now and I've seen little in the way of fixing them. Telling us to restart videos, uninstall and reinstall, close app and try again, are not fixing the issues at hand and only work for a limited time before it has to be done again. I was just offering a suggestion about maybe giving paying customers concrete evidence that there are updates and fixes on the way instead of giving vague common answers over and over again would be better. Again I repeat I did not mean offense.



Your suggestion really does not change anything though. Just adding "it will be out soon" does nothing at all except force a promise that CR may not be able to make.

I think "We are working on it" is the best way to answer the "When will an update come out?" question, mainly because CR does not want to promise a date and not meet it because Apple decided to take their sweet time in approving the app update, which BTW, if you read the thread would already know that CR has submitted an update for the app to Apple and now we have to just wait for Apple to approve and release the update to the App Store,



I have indeed read every page in the forum but there is no CONCRETE evidence of a fix being made. There is no need for you to become antagonistic with me for wanting proof. I'm sure lots of people out are wanting the same thing. I did not post to offend or attack you or any of the CR staff, I'm just asking for something a paying customer deserves.
55769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / San Antonio
Offline
Posted 8/21/12 , edited 8/21/12



I'm sorry, but when have I become hostile towards you? In no way were my posts antagonistic.

I'm trying to explain to you we have been updated by CR that a fix IS being worked on. The fact that they have a patch awaiting approval by Apple should be the concrete evidence you are asking for.



34030 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Northwest Florida...
Offline
Posted 8/21/12

-Chris311- wrote:




I'm sorry, but when have I become hostile towards you? In no way were my posts antagonistic.

I'm trying to explain to you we have been updated by CR that a fix IS being worked on. The fact that they have a patch awaiting approval by Apple should be the concrete evidence you are asking for.





You sir are indeed instigating an argument in which I will now longer be a part of. Your antagonistic attitude towards me in appalling in the fact you refuse to listen and understand what I am indeed saying. I do so hope you that you have a pleasant day and do not pursue this argument further.
55769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / San Antonio
Offline
Posted 8/21/12 , edited 8/21/12


I'm sorry you feel that way. I have been polite to you this entire time and have not once threatened or been hostile towards you as you claim that I have. (See definition of antagonistic)

Providing the feedback that you complained about there being a lack of IS NOT starting an argument. You wanted proof that the app was being fixed, I gave you that proof by paraphrasing something that CR has already said previously in this thread. (Either Bjaker or Bazoukazuma, can't remember which). Explaining why CR does not announce when certain fixes will be implemented is also NOT starting an argument, I am only trying to ANSWER your concerns.

This conversation is worthy of a Rage comic.
omareo 
31075 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/22/12
I like bananas
First  Prev  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.