First  Prev  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  97  98  99  Next  Last
Crunchyroll iOS app
7 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M
Offline
Posted 9/23/12
iPad2
IOS6
Don't know what version of Crunchyroll app-it as the new logo.

Most every time, right after a commercial, the video stars back at the beginning, not where it left off before going to commercial. Almost making it impossible to enjoy on IPad.
56008 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 9/25/12
iPad 3 (2012 model with Verizon LTE) and iPhone 4S (ATT model).
IOS6
App Version = 2.01
Summary: App crashes a few seconds after launching it.

The app crashes on startup for both of my devices. All I get is the login screen but it is unresponsive. IOW I am unable to even enter my username and password in to the form fields. If I wait a few seconds it crashes back to the spring board. I attempted to uninstall/reinstall, reboot the device, hard reboot the device, disable icloud backup of crunchyroll config then uninstall and reinstall, deleted all devices (except my PS3) from my devices list in my crunchyroll profile. Non of these steps made any difference.

I am a developer myself and have Xcode setup. So If you want I can provide the saved crashdump files.

Cheers,
spookware
7 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 9/25/12
iPhone 4
iOS 6
App Version 2.01 (Latest)

Summary: App hangs with a black screen just before adverts appear. (I imagine)

Basically right after the opening sequence of any anime episode where the first advert comes in, the app stops playing the video and hangs with a black screen. I can't get any response from the app and have to close it down and stop it running in the background to get back to the apps UI when I next open it.
7 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 9/26/12

lukeylad118 wrote:

iPhone 4
iOS 6
App Version 2.01 (Latest)

Summary: App hangs with a black screen just before adverts appear. (I imagine)

Basically right after the opening sequence of any anime episode where the first advert comes in, the app stops playing the video and hangs with a black screen. I can't get any response from the app and have to close it down and stop it running in the background to get back to the apps UI when I next open it.


Worked out if you wait 30 seconds to about a minute it will bring the video sometimes but start playing from the beginning. Which makes me think its got to be something to do with the ads loading midstream. Only way around it is quickly skip the video before the ads appear.
16036 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/26/12
I have the new ipad 3 eveyythng is uptodat same with crunchyroll app i got the free trial nd its pissing me off that the videos are always looking blurry.......... For waxample i am waching any anime... Hunter xhunter/ambition of oba nubuna/knight in the area....etc its always looking blurry u dont have anyway to fix this? Its getting rly annoying i had a bad day at work nd i come home to watch anime in my ipad nd now its looking like some funky anime from the 70s....-_- i am considering deleting the app nd just waching anime tru the internet.......
2103 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Offline
Posted 9/26/12
Great UI, but loaded with bugs. When's the next update?
53753 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / San Antonio
Offline
Posted 9/26/12 , edited 9/26/12

hcesar71 wrote:

I have the new ipad 3 eveyythng is uptodat same with crunchyroll app i got the free trial nd its pissing me off that the videos are always looking blurry.......... For waxample i am waching any anime... Hunter xhunter/ambition of oba nubuna/knight in the area....etc its always looking blurry u dont have anyway to fix this? Its getting rly annoying i had a bad day at work nd i come home to watch anime in my ipad nd now its looking like some funky anime from the 70s....-_- i am considering deleting the app nd just waching anime tru the internet.......



What internet speeds are you getting with your iPad? Download the app "Speedtst.net" and run it to check your connection speed.

The app automatically adjusts the video quality based on your internet speed. If you have a slow connection the video will become blurry because the app is lowering the quality to avoid pauses and skips in the video.

Also, could you please proof-read your post in the future? I had to read it several times to figure out what you said. Things like uptodat, waxample, tru and the lack of grammar blow my mind.

23009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 9/26/12
1) Device type - iPhone 4S (on 3G)
2) OS version - 5.1.1
3) App version - 2.01
4) Detailed description - Everything worked fine. Video played on high quality for 90% of episode.

I've had poor video quality a couple updates ago and a couple weeks ago video would only repeat the first 30 secs (assuming that was app version 2.00)

-A
53753 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / San Antonio
Offline
Posted 9/26/12

Asti113 wrote:

1) Device type - iPhone 4S (on 3G)
2) OS version - 5.1.1
3) App version - 2.01
4) Detailed description - Everything worked fine. Video played on high quality for 90% of episode.

I've had poor video quality a couple updates ago and a couple weeks ago video would only repeat the first 30 secs (assuming that was app version 2.00)

-A


Do you still have problems with the videos restarting after 30 seconds? CR pushed a fix for this about a week ago.

As for poor video quality, look at my post above. Check your internet connection speeds while on 3G to see if that isn't causing the videos to lower in quality.
23009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 9/26/12

-Chris311- wrote:


Asti113 wrote:

4) Detailed description - Everything worked fine. Video played on high quality for 90% of episode.



Do you still have problems with the videos restarting after 30 seconds? CR pushed a fix for this about a week ago.

As for poor video quality, look at my post above. Check your internet connection speeds while on 3G to see if that isn't causing the videos to lower in quality.


Everything works fine -Chris311-
6005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/27/12
I updated the app and ever since that my videos wont work properly, the video works fine for a bit and then it goes to a comercial and when it starts playing again it will start from the begining instead of where it left off before the comercial, is there a way to fix that.?

By the way i have an iPod4g but with the new ios6.
37085 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 9/27/12 , edited 9/27/12
iPhone 4
iOS 6
Latest version of app
My queue is no longer updating after watching an episode with the app. It updates fine when I watch on my computer.
27 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 9/27/12

tsunamizero02 wrote:

iPhone 4
iOS 6
Latest version of app
My queue is no longer updating after watching an episode with the app. It updates fine when I watch on my computer.


I started having the same problem it seems to be based on the fact that the history is no longer updating. It can be a bit annoying, but you just have to use the good ol' memory till its solved. Minor issue for me. Keep up the good work.
4005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / F
Offline
Posted 9/27/12 , edited 9/27/12
I'm having trouble with the newly updated app.

iPad 1
iOS 5.1.1
Free account

For one episode, it worked correctly. Then it went pear-shaped.

When I chose the next episode, it gave me the upsell splash screen. Then which I chose Skip it loaded the Lexus ad (btw - that doesn't deal with landscape orientation). After that, it loaded that British Airways one where they cut a jet turbine into a wheel of Asiago. That goes about three seconds in, then the video freezes. Instead of the ad, I can hear the sound of the episode running under the frozen screen with the wheel of cheese on it.

If I cold-boot the iPad, it lets me start this process over again, but it freezes in exactly the same way. It doesn't seem to be tied to a specific episode or a specific show - I went back in and tried in two other series and it did the same exact thing.
30495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Illinois
Offline
Posted 9/27/12
iPod touch
iOS version: 6.0
Latest crunchyroll update 2.01

Well I was watching Myself;Yourself, and I get to watch it for like 3-4minutes then it randomly freezes and won't play again so I have to rewind it and it'll free again..and when I'm watching it, it also randomly drops to poor quality..
First  Prev  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  97  98  99  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.