Fate, Destiny or Free Will
Posted 1/10/08
To show some respect to those guys in the other thread, i shall start this discussion here.

In this thread I have some question with you guys... Do you believe about something called fate or destiny a belief of something that states that your life is already predistined or predesigned, and is responsible for the outcome of ones actions in the futre? or do you go with free will where humans are free to make their own choices and has the capability of doing changes, whether they are bad or good?
3068 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M
Offline
Posted 1/10/08
i don't believe in faith or destiny
maybe coincidents

but i make my choices and whatever happens later on are the results of that


2132 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Singapore ~
Offline
Posted 1/10/08
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Will .


You will notice that , this issue will never get resolved . Pointless to start a thread .

Changes are nothing but part of determinism . Circumstances are substances that drive the human to fate.

Since the world started , the chain of fate has already began . Everything is Pre-destined.
Posted 1/10/08

Kieutie wrote:

i don't believe in faith or destiny
maybe coincidents

but i make my choices and whatever happens later on are the results of that




i agree, these destinty thingy are just merely coincidences. if there as such thing as faith or destiny, then no one would be needing to work for in the end a good life is waiting for them even if they don't break a sweat or work hard.
Posted 1/10/08
Posted 1/10/08


oh... sorry, did not notice this thread.

people, please refer to this thread... thanks again.
1387 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / CDO, Philippines
Offline
Posted 1/10/08
Isn't this a VS thread?


~reported

EDIT: aw..you found a duplicate..good for you..
1928 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Offline
Posted 1/10/08
No, I don't believe in things like destiny, fate or any other one there is. I really think its a load of crap. Anything that happens is a coincidence nothing more.
1028 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 1/10/08

Teckyee wrote:

But in life , what if we are complusory to take action corresponding to the choices given ? I understand your point of those choices being "invisible" to those apprent to the naked eye, YES it is invisible as a matter of fact. Things would have been easier if everything is on a paper wouldn't it.. and those option you listed would be vaild . But life decisions aren't listed on paper, and the wide choices available that is "Invisible" become visible, all of the sudden and the situation of circumstances come into play . You catch that? Its abit tricky to understand but life doesn't have the choices listed sometimes.



Moved here. Thanks and sorry noname.

Okay, first of all be it listed on paper or not doesn't make it easier or harder. What counts is whether you're prepared or not.
Second if you're refering that certain rules ans conditions from a certain situtaion forced us to choose an answer from a certain number of choices, then I agree. The fact is even though we unlimited number of responses the overall effect that resulted from those choices is not unlimited. And the chain of events a long with the unlimited possible combination of choices are bounded. IMO I think that is destiny/fate (So I agree when people say you could not escape your destiny/fate). If you're saying that because of this then people has no free will, well then that's true. Like I said, every person only have a free will to respond to a circumstance not the situation prior nor the consequesnces after.
2132 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Singapore ~
Offline
Posted 1/10/08

bruevitz wrote:


Teckyee wrote:

But in life , what if we are complusory to take action corresponding to the choices given ? I understand your point of those choices being "invisible" to those apprent to the naked eye, YES it is invisible as a matter of fact. Things would have been easier if everything is on a paper wouldn't it.. and those option you listed would be vaild . But life decisions aren't listed on paper, and the wide choices available that is "Invisible" become visible, all of the sudden and the situation of circumstances come into play . You catch that? Its abit tricky to understand but life doesn't have the choices listed sometimes.



Moved here. Thanks and sorry noname.

Okay, first of all be it listed on paper or not doesn't make it easier or harder. What counts is whether you're prepared or not.
Second if you're refering that certain rules ans conditions from a certain situtaion forced us to choose an answer from a certain number of choices, then I agree. The fact is even though we unlimited number of responses the overall effect that resulted from those choices is not unlimited. And the chain of events a long with the unlimited possible combination of choices are bounded. IMO I think that is destiny/fate (So I agree when people say you could not escape your destiny/fate). If you're saying that because of this then people has no free will, well then that's true. Like I said, every person only have a free will to respond to a circumstance not the situation prior nor the consequesnces after.


yep yep .And since its human nature to take the more benificial path in life. Human naturally , subconciously created a number of possible path to take.

man your a good debater =D . Free will to respond to circumstances . Correct ^^ Free will's meaning is pretty much contradicted urh ? x=
Posted 1/10/08


yeah go to that thread you duplicate, not using search engine, dumbass thread makers
28673 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Michigan, USA
Offline
Posted 1/10/08

noname01123 wrote:



oh... sorry, did not notice this thread.

people, please refer to this thread... thanks again.

Try using the forum search at the top of the page. If you need more info on how to search look at #2 on this post: http://www.crunchyroll.com/showforumtopic?id=55281#5646375

You must be logged in to post.