First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Living in Falsehood Illusions
7801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Pinsnotch2
Offline
Posted 1/10/08 , edited 4/18/08
it is like finding out santa isn't real and the isn't bunny is just a guy in a suit
36566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Corner of No and...
Offline
Posted 1/10/08 , edited 4/18/08
As much as the truth can hurt sometimes, I think it's always better to know it. Also, I wouldn't want the people I love lying to me out of some misguided urge to protect me. Lies don't protect, they just cause more complications. And the truth will always be found out in the end. I'd rather know the painful truth now, then feel betrayel later.
Posted 1/10/08 , edited 4/18/08
im scared of the truth, but it cant be helped
4769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M
Offline
Posted 1/10/08 , edited 4/18/08
i would say ur the craziest FUCKER out there
2160 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / somewhere with in...
Offline
Posted 1/10/08 , edited 4/18/08
i like knowing the truth about things.. but sometimes when i discover an aspect of myself i never reli noticed before then i wish i was still ignorant cuz then i would dwell on it whether its good or bad and i dont like being self conscience ><
welook 
17497 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / havent u noticed...
Offline
Posted 1/10/08 , edited 4/18/08
heh lies make our world fuzzy and nice ^^D. the truth makes the world dark and never ending
2229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 1/10/08 , edited 4/18/08
Very good topic.... Our reality is only what we let our own minds perceive it to be. Ignorance is bliss for those of us who don't want to think about our problems, however, that does not change the fact that we still will eventually have to deal with them.

In the end, ignorance about our reality only hurts us. Sure the truth may hurt, but in the long run, if we know what the real problems are, then we can try to fix them. If we know the truth, we won't spend our time trying to fix problems that we only created for ourselves in the first place.
598 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / F / http://KazekiRiNA...
Offline
Posted 1/10/08 , edited 4/18/08
I can keep secrets ...but I hate living a lie. If someone keeps an important secret that involves my love ones or me, I would really hate it. Living in reality and living up to the fullest in reality is the best. Although sometime you can make use of your fantasies in the real world.... hehekz....
Posted 1/10/08 , edited 4/18/08

welook wrote:

heh lies make our world fuzzy and nice ^^D. the truth makes the world dark and never ending


yea i agree with u there =.=, ive been exposed to the truth so many times, but i dont think i can handle lies anymore
12554 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / http://www.crunch...
Offline
Posted 1/10/08 , edited 4/18/08

hawtdawggy wrote:

- well like i always say before i start a topic, im sorry if this is a duplicate, and i couldnt find another one of this, so yea, but if it is, feel free to lock it

anyways, some people are lucky enough not to experience this, but how would u feel if u found out that what u were living is was a lie? what if someone knew u had cancer, but no one told u, that u did have cancer? that is only one example, but how would u feel? and what are some that u are dealing with, or that u can think of?

they say ignorance is bliss, well is it? what if u lost that ignorance? the truth is painful sometimes, so sometimes we avoid it, but its even worse as lies build up.

just wondering what yer guys perspective is



for me i want to know the truth and when i do know it...i pity myself...of how dumb i am having to know these people only being nice to me because i am dying...
Posted 1/10/08 , edited 4/18/08

ConRong wrote:

for me i want to know the truth and when i do know it...i pity myself...of how dumb i am having to know these people only being nice to me because i am dying...


omg u are dying?! please dont die, i dont want u to die, and i didnt know that, im nice to u becuz u are a good friend
12554 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / http://www.crunch...
Offline
Posted 1/11/08 , edited 4/18/08

hawtdawggy wrote:


ConRong wrote:

for me i want to know the truth and when i do know it...i pity myself...of how dumb i am having to know these people only being nice to me because i am dying...


omg u are dying?! please dont die, i dont want u to die, and i didnt know that, im nice to u becuz u are a good friend



oh no im not dying i was using your example how i would feel im too young to die anyways
Posted 1/11/08 , edited 4/18/08
I'll be very, very depressed. I hate the truth too but this is the time I'll really cherish my life and live it to the fullest.
24695 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / (Unknown)
Offline
Posted 1/11/08 , edited 4/18/08
Depends at which point in time, for example, if I was told that i'm super sensative allergic to mushrooms right after I ate a mushroom related food, then I would be pissed. But if they told me before hand, than I would be happy, but I guess most likely i'll be happy because I always wanted to see if I can stand the truth.
1028 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 1/11/08 , edited 4/18/08

hawtdawggy wrote:

- well like i always say before i start a topic, im sorry if this is a duplicate, and i couldnt find another one of this, so yea, but if it is, feel free to lock it

anyways, some people are lucky enough not to experience this, but how would u feel if u found out that what u were living is was a lie? what if someone knew u had cancer, but no one told u, that u did have cancer? that is only one example, but how would u feel? and what are some that u are dealing with, or that u can think of?

they say ignorance is bliss, well is it? what if u lost that ignorance? the truth is painful sometimes, so sometimes we avoid it, but its even worse as lies build up.

just wondering what yer guys perspective is


I would feel hurt of course, mainly because I feel untrusted. If you know the truth and you avoid it, it won't go away. You would still need to deal with it, sooner or later. Heh, depends on your preferance.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.