WEEKEND TICKETS GOING FAST!

PRICES GO UP AT THE GATE

PURCHASE TICKET
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Aliens
9121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 11/11/06
this was filmed in 1946. no photo shop back then.
14495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Way of The Ninja...
Offline
Posted 11/11/06
Bellus he obviously did. Or he copied someone else's fake
12906 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 11/11/06

waffle26 wrote:

this was filmed in 1946. no photo shop back then.


LOL. That's just funny.
15142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Minnesota
Offline
Posted 11/11/06
If you guys keep turning this into an evolution/creation debate I will close this thread so damn fast.

As far as aliens, I'd think it would be unlikely for there not to be intelligent life out there somewhere, however far away it is.

If we assume the universe is infinite, then it'd be impossible for there not to be some sort of life somewhere else.

Food for thought: If the universe is infinite, then the population of the universe would have to be 0 because any calcuable number compared to infinity is nothing
Posted 11/11/06
wrong, fuzz. any calculable number isnt 0, its ~0. if even 1 in 100 trillian zeros exist, it is not zero, simply likened to it.

here are a few points id like you point out.

1.the bible has been proven incorrect in many ways, and despite what you say quater, has been rewritten many times (council of nicea, look it up). it has changed, and it has lied. read sic en non by Abelard.
2. if the theory of expanding universe is correct, than the chances of us being the only intelligent life (intelligent my ass) is 0. even if the chances of us existing are ifninitely small, as quater pointed out (and is true), eventually ALL possibilities would happen somewhere in the universe. there would be another me typing this right now, but with 1 more atom in his body. 2 more. blue eyes. red skin. etc etc. every possibility has, is, or will come(ing) to pass.
3. alien doesnt mean intelligent life from outer space. it means life from elsewhere. just as mexicans hopping the border, or polish refugees that ran to scand were illegal aliens, life from elsewhere is alien. if something exists in the universe that is not from us, it is alien. sorry bellus, but "something else" can be NOTHING but alien, even god.
4. even if god DID create us, who is to say he didnt create other races in the universe, which is by our understanding, infinitely huge?maybe he didnt and didnt tell us, wanting us to find them. or hoping we would be more perfect then the others, or they would be more perfect than us. for all we know, we are an experiment to find the ultimate non-divine being.
5. simply because you were taught something in church or school does not make it simply true. when i was a wee haddon, i was told that you CANNOT write a senteance in a book unless it is a complete, intelligent sentence. pick up any book of fiction, and you can find that is not true. simply because others say that god said this, or say they have seen a UFO does not make it entirely true.
6. and most importantly...we are a tiny backwater planet on the edge of an unloving galaxy. we have felt alone, even before civilizations spoke to one another, and have all made up stories of it. all cultures have had some form of ghost. nearly all have had some form of evil spirit or demon. none of them knew, for hundreds of thousands of years, what the hell is what that made the sun go up and down...or what the sun was. in fact, some cultures (such as the aborigines) NEVER learned on their own, to any degree, until us whiteys taught them. they would, eventually, but isolations made them develop much slower. seeing a shooting star could be a ufo to ancients. drug use (for reason, or accidental poisoning), sickness..many other things. simply because it has been shown throughout the ages does not make it ENTIRELY trustworthy.
and lastly...if you had the ability to travel at LEAST 1,000 lightyears (which is such a distance, that it would take our fastest ship longer to traverse than earth has had humans on it)...why the hell would you come to earth and research some piddly little shits like US?
6326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Hogwarts
Offline
Posted 11/11/06

J3ss wrote:


waffle26 wrote:

this was filmed in 1946. no photo shop back then.


LOL. That's just funny.


hahah..i agree... im still laughing. i dont mean to be bully..but that was really funny

46535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/11/06

quater wrote:

First of all never use Wikipedia as a source.
Second that is true but you need more than size and age. Especially if you the age of the universe is not provable.
Evolutionarily the chances of the Earth being created was as high of odds as an arrow being shot from the moon and hitting a bullseye of a target smaller than an atom.
Also mutations from evolution are deadly. Almost everything that comes out mutated dies because of it's mutations and those that live are not great off for it. So if mutations are bad how can they ever make life better? It would be like a tornado going through a junkyard and when it was done a car got reassembled perfectly. It doesnt make sense.


It is sooo easy to say that is not probable, in the way you did. If everything was as simple as you think it is, then we would have the answer to every question by now.

Please give me Quantifiable, empirical evidence of those improbabilities, otherwise
you are just speculating about something you cannot even comprehend.

I also hope you are not thinking of becoming a biologist. I'm not going to discuss evolution with you, but I can clearly tell you have either not read or did not completely understand The Origin of Species.
6326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Hogwarts
Offline
Posted 11/11/06

haddon wrote:

wrong, fuzz. any calculable number isnt 0, its ~0. if even 1 in 100 trillian zeros exist, it is not zero, simply likened to it.

here are a few points id like you point out.

1.the bible has been proven incorrect in many ways, and despite what you say quater, has been rewritten many times (council of nicea, look it up). it has changed, and it has lied. read sic en non by Abelard.
2. if the theory of expanding universe is correct, than the chances of us being the only intelligent life (intelligent my ass) is 0. even if the chances of us existing are ifninitely small, as quater pointed out (and is true), eventually ALL possibilities would happen somewhere in the universe. there would be another me typing this right now, but with 1 more atom in his body. 2 more. blue eyes. red skin. etc etc. every possibility has, is, or will come(ing) to pass.
3. alien doesnt mean intelligent life from outer space. it means life from elsewhere. just as mexicans hopping the border, or polish refugees that ran to scand were illegal aliens, life from elsewhere is alien. if something exists in the universe that is not from us, it is alien. sorry bellus, but "something else" can be NOTHING but alien, even god.
4. even if god DID create us, who is to say he didnt create other races in the universe, which is by our understanding, infinitely huge?maybe he didnt and didnt tell us, wanting us to find them. or hoping we would be more perfect then the others, or they would be more perfect than us. for all we know, we are an experiment to find the ultimate non-divine being.
5. simply because you were taught something in church or school does not make it simply true. when i was a wee haddon, i was told that you CANNOT write a senteance in a book unless it is a complete, intelligent sentence. pick up any book of fiction, and you can find that is not true. simply because others say that god said this, or say they have seen a UFO does not make it entirely true.
6. and most importantly...we are a tiny backwater planet on the edge of an unloving galaxy. we have felt alone, even before civilizations spoke to one another, and have all made up stories of it. all cultures have had some form of ghost. nearly all have had some form of evil spirit or demon. none of them knew, for hundreds of thousands of years, what the hell is what that made the sun go up and down...or what the sun was. in fact, some cultures (such as the aborigines) NEVER learned on their own, to any degree, until us whiteys taught them. they would, eventually, but isolations made them develop much slower. seeing a shooting star could be a ufo to ancients. drug use (for reason, or accidental poisoning), sickness..many other things. simply because it has been shown throughout the ages does not make it ENTIRELY trustworthy.
and lastly...if you had the ability to travel at LEAST 1,000 lightyears (which is such a distance, that it would take our fastest ship longer to traverse than earth has had humans on it)...why the hell would you come to earth and research some piddly little shits like US?


Who r u to say u know God's plans and What he created? To link bible's teachings and claimed it a lie is abominable Have u ever paused for a minute and think "what if this resources i read about the bible being incorrect is erroneous it self?" The bible is neither less or more. There is no lie written, if there is any its peoples judgment and opinions towards religion and they claim it incorrect and causes people to lose their hope and belief in God.

Putting religious sutff aside.I really think, that thinking of and exploring what else is out there is completely irrelevant. Would discovering aliens help you live ? would it help you save yourself on judgment day? i mean.. who bloody cares about the aliens? You should be more aware of evil people who cause havoc and terror and just being total jackass. ALIENS DO NOT EXIST WAT SOEVER. but you know there is only one out there that is watching everyone on this earth. the one who watches ur every step n every move who knows what ur intentions and whats in ur heart. That I believe is whats out there.

And for the people who believe that people was once monkeys..LOL thats just bloody funny. Ok...i guess its just fair if you want to claim that ur ancestors were monkies but I wouldnt group myself wif you because my family are human beings from the start. And also what also pisses me off and makes me laugh is that some people really believe that Black people are the closest species to the monkeys...LOOOOOOOOOLLL ommg!!!! what r u people drunk?! these people are just plain racist and stupid.
WHY CANT PEOPLE JUST ACCEPT THAT ANIMALS ARE ANIMALS AND HUMANS ARE HUMAN BEINGS!!!
46535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/11/06

bellus-vae wrote:

Who r u to say u know God's plans and What he created? ....ALIENS DO NOT EXIST WAT SOEVER.


bellus-vae:

That same train of thought could be used against you. Who are you to say aliens do not exist?

Just saying,

6326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Hogwarts
Offline
Posted 11/11/06

mauz15 wrote:


bellus-vae wrote:

Who r u to say u know God's plans and What he created? ....ALIENS DO NOT EXIST WAT SOEVER.


That same train of thought could be used against you. Who are you to say aliens do not exist?

Just saying,



If you have any tangible proof at all then ill believe you. I mean posting pictures of butchered naked alien is not very convincing at all. Have u ever seen an alien at all and took pictures with them that u can show...?!
11659 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/11/06
tyra banks looks like an alien with that forehead of hers
12906 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 11/11/06
Not everything in the bible is to be taken in a literal way. Yes, it might be incorrect literally, but there are parts where the written words are to be comprehended with critical thinking.
Just thought I'd say that.
15142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Minnesota
Offline
Posted 11/11/06
create an evolution/creation whatever the fuck thread if you want to discuss this, just keep it out of here
Posted 11/11/06
bellus, thanks for the arguement, but your dogmatic views now remove you from it entirely, in my eyes. why?

i havent simply read sources saying the bible is incorrect...ive seen people who believe in it take completely opposite stances. "god is all loving, and loves all his children etc etc" vs "god hates fags. stone the fags."...contradiction, much?

you simply dont know that god exists. you think you do. so does quater. so do almost all religious people. but they dont. its as simple as this: god is a theory, with small fragments of evidence. logically, it is incorrect, but faith>reason in your eyes.

it is the same for aliens. logically, somehting would exist. something, somewhere. they may be 10,000 years more advanced. they may be 7 seconds more advanced. they may be 100 cell organisms. whether they exist or not is a theory, but logic dictates they must.

i will never sway you, or any religious zealot, from your beliefs, i can only hold logic out there. if you ever realize that logic explains ALL things except god...then maybe youll realize religion is logically impossible. at least, yours is. not all are.
46535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/11/06

bellus-vae wrote:

If you have any tangible proof at all then ill believe you. I mean posting pictures of butchered naked alien is not very convincing at all. Have u ever seen an alien at all and took pictures with them that u can show...?!


I'm not trying to prove anything here. I'm just saying that you seemed to contradict yourself, I mean Have you ever seen God? That question is not enough to disprove God's existence. And this also applies to the existence of aliens. To ask Have you ever seen an alien? is not enough to disprove it.

hope you get my point
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.