First  Prev  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  Next  Last
Boxee Box
64557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Utah
Offline
Posted 10/9/12 , edited 10/9/12

fhaze wrote:

Is Boxee app broken?
I only get lots of errors when trying to use Crunchyroll App.


It's still working on my side.

You might need to reauthorize the app. This can be done by either clearing the browser cookies (which will consequently reset every other HTML5 app as well) or deactivate the device. Then enter the new authorization code here.
64557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Utah
Offline
Posted 10/9/12
Sorry, double post.

For those who are wondering what Boxee is up to these days, The Verge leaked some photos yestarday of what may be the forthcoming device:



64557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Utah
Offline
Posted 10/17/12 , edited 11/2/12
And it's official. Yesterday Avner posted on the blog the official announcement for the Boxee TV. Summed up it will be available in November at $99, has a new chipset from Broadcomm, new closed software, less support for local media, fewer apps.... but most upsetting is that it's not an update to the Boxee Box, but a replacement. The next firmware for the Boxee Box will be its last major update. 'Maintenance Mode' won't amount to a hill of beans.

App development is no longer the focus as Avner said over at The Verge it's a "failed concept," and “We’re not going to spend a lot more energy on that." The developer of the MAKE: Video app also had an exchange with one of the Boxee employees and received confirmation that open app development has been discontinued.

Now I really don't care if Crunchyroll supports the Boxee TV. At this point I'm thinking the app we have now is as good as it's going to get and pray it will just continue to work.

EDIT: Fixed the blog link because Boxee team decided to break it by moving the old blog to a subdomain.
Engineer
85984 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / California
Offline
Posted 10/17/12 , edited 10/17/12
Crunchyroll app currently works for Boxee Box but does not work for the old Boxee computer clients. I don't think we're going to support Boxee TV but, if we did, it would likely break support for Boxee Box in the same way that supporting Boxee Box broke support for the Boxee computer client. After we realized the update broke support for the Boxee computer client, there was nothing we could do to fix it since they don't allow apps to be submitted for the now unsupported computer client. I imagine the same will happen to Boxee Box and, if it ever breaks, we may not be able to push an update to fix it, regardless of if we support Boxee TV.

Boxee has been bumpy from the start but there are even bumpier roads ahead.
31100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / California
Offline
Posted 10/31/12

BasouKazuma wrote:

Crunchyroll app currently works for Boxee Box but does not work for the old Boxee computer clients. I don't think we're going to support Boxee TV but, if we did, it would likely break support for Boxee Box in the same way that supporting Boxee Box broke support for the Boxee computer client. After we realized the update broke support for the Boxee computer client, there was nothing we could do to fix it since they don't allow apps to be submitted for the now unsupported computer client. I imagine the same will happen to Boxee Box and, if it ever breaks, we may not be able to push an update to fix it, regardless of if we support Boxee TV.

Boxee has been bumpy from the start but there are even bumpier roads ahead.


So what you're saying is when Boxee forces you to move your app to the new platform it will likely mean lost support for the first device that you not only supported but promoted when this site went paid?

Fix the PS3 audio if this is the way its going, its a simple fix in the SDK, passing DD from a PCM 2.0 master makes it sound like absolute crap on a modern home theater. I know they said they would ask the dev's but its been weeks since I heard anything on that. At least give me a way to use my subscription, I hate watching anything on my PC when I can watch it on my home theater.
33605 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/1/12
My understanding is it's a new app platform. It likely won't break the old BB to support it, but I wouldn't blame you for waiting until the dust settles. It appears the Boxee snagged Wal-Mart as the launch customer. Wal-Mart owns Vudu and Boxee added a Vudu button to the remote. Given Wal-Mart's lead times this has been in the works for a long time I wouldn't be surprised if they had some sort of joint venture going on.

I think CR might be better off served in the near future with making an official XBMC Plug-in. At least targeting Raspberry Pi, Ouya, etc.
35425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Calgary
Offline
Posted 12/16/12
Last three days when I try to use the Boxee app I've been getting Response Error: Please Try again later. Afterwhich I can't get out of the app and have to hold the power button on the box itself to force it off so I can reboot. I've been using the Boxee Box without problems for about a year so this irks me, since Crunchyroll is the reason I bought it (and the 32" LCD TV its's hooked up to).
35425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Calgary
Offline
Posted 12/16/12

mozychan wrote:


fhaze wrote:

Is Boxee app broken?
I only get lots of errors when trying to use Crunchyroll App.


It's still working on my side.

You might need to reauthorize the app. This can be done by either clearing the browser cookies (which will consequently reset every other HTML5 app as well) or deactivate the device. Then enter the new authorization code here.


I tried this for my own problem and it seems to have done the trick.

msing 
7 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M
Offline
Posted 12/16/12

KrimsonGray wrote:

Last three days when I try to use the Boxee app I've been getting Response Error: Please Try again later. Afterwhich I can't get out of the app and have to hold the power button on the box itself to force it off so I can reboot. I've been using the Boxee Box without problems for about a year so this irks me, since Crunchyroll is the reason I bought it (and the 32" LCD TV its's hooked up to).


I've been having the same problem. There was another post up that mentioned resetting the device. I went to my profile and it says I don't have any devices active? I'm glad I'm not the only person having issues, but I sure would like to see it resolved so I can continue to use crunchyroll on my TV. Watching on my computer just doesn't cut it
27032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 12/16/12 , edited 12/16/12
Tonight we started getting that error on the Boxee Box again. Fortunately, simply clearing cookies did the trick--did not need to reactivate this time.

I still prefer watching Crunchroll on the Boxee Box but I feel like the device has become an unloved orphan by its own developers. At least Crunchyroll is doing its best to keep supporting it.

Thanks guys--the effort is much appreciated.
27032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 12/16/12 , edited 12/16/12
No, wait...I was mistaken, I do need to reactivate for the Boxee Box. No big deal but I felt I should mention this.

G.

--
Greenlaw
Artist/Partner | Little Green Dog | www.littlegreendog.com


Watch Brudders in 'Happy Box'. Now in HD!
msing 
7 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M
Offline
Posted 12/17/12
Cleared cookies, reactivated my Boxee Box and all seems well again.

Thanks all!
17020 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / London, UK
Offline
Posted 5/9/13
Been getting the 'response error' issue for the past few days. Didnt post thinking it would fix at some point. Cleared cache, removed boxee from my devices on site, cleared flash, cleared cookies.

Now the error is "Error: undefined". Any help would be appreciated
2014 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M
Offline
Posted 5/10/13

deaifnbothears wrote:

Been getting the 'response error' issue for the past few days. Didnt post thinking it would fix at some point. Cleared cache, removed boxee from my devices on site, cleared flash, cleared cookies.

Now the error is "Error: undefined". Any help would be appreciated :)


Same issue here as well on my Boxee Box.
Vegetable Support Manager
Bjaker 
35285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 5/10/13


Can you walk me through exactly what is happening?
First  Prev  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.