First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Boxee Box
46045 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36
Offline
Posted 10/7/11
Thanks for letting me know. They really need to get this fixed. I love CR, but it really seems like they drop the ball on applications.
Engineer
86991 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / California
Offline
Posted 10/7/11
I may have a temporary fix Monday. If it works out, I'll post here.
32100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / California
Offline
Posted 10/7/11 , edited 10/7/11

BasouKazuma wrote:

I may have a temporary fix Monday. If it works out, I'll post here.


Thank you for the update, much appreciated! :D

Edit: searching no longer works for current simulcast episodes, they still are not playable. All older titles work for me as they should for a premium member. Must be a change they made in preparation for Monday.
Kymus 
38009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 10/8/11

PSXBatou wrote:

Edit: searching no longer works for current simulcast episodes, they still are not playable. All older titles work for me as they should for a premium member. Must be a change they made in preparation for Monday.


I watched Fairy Tail ep 100 just an hour ago from my Boxee Box. I used Boxee's main search, not the search within Crunchyroll.

Though, now that it's on my mind, is anyone else experiencing an error where CR videos will play as if they're in Boxee's "web mode" (cursor and progress bar; without actually going into web mode. Going in to web mode seems to correct this)?
32100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / California
Offline
Posted 10/8/11

Kymus wrote:


PSXBatou wrote:

Edit: searching no longer works for current simulcast episodes, they still are not playable. All older titles work for me as they should for a premium member. Must be a change they made in preparation for Monday.


I watched Fairy Tail ep 100 just an hour ago from my Boxee Box. I used Boxee's main search, not the search within Crunchyroll.

Though, now that it's on my mind, is anyone else experiencing an error where CR videos will play as if they're in Boxee's "web mode" (cursor and progress bar; without actually going into web mode. Going in to web mode seems to correct this)?


I'll try the main boxee search, thanks. Yes I have the same issue you are where "go to browser" seems to fix it.
64096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Reading, uk
Offline
Posted 10/10/11
im still getting the error
42020 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M
Offline
Posted 10/10/11
Still getting the error and now I can't watch new shows at all within the Crunchyroll app. This is getting ridiculous. I don't see how this is a Boxee issue since everything else I stream to it works perfectly and there hasn't been a recent firmware update.

I literally bought this Boxee box because it had Crunchyroll, Netflix, and Media server capabilities in one package. This issue is robbing me of 1/3rd of my functionality and killing your reputation regardless of who is causing the problem. Issues like these are why legal anime streaming still has a crap reputation.
32100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / California
Offline
Posted 10/10/11 , edited 10/10/11

kashbrok wrote:
I literally bought this Boxee box because it had Crunchyroll, Netflix, and Media server capabilities in one package. This issue is robbing me of 1/3rd of my functionality and killing your reputation regardless of who is causing the problem. Issues like these are why legal anime streaming still has a crap reputation.


I'm in the same boat as you are, although I am watching Fate Zero right now from the app so it does seem to be working for me. Of course they said today they would be working on a fix so maybe they did something that I won't notice until after the episode is done playing.

You are spot on though, I enjoy the fact that I am supporting legal anime which in turn can bring more to us. However on the flip side things like this tend to tarnish an already withered reputation. To be honest a lot of the funsubbing is killing themselves by going to hi10P which the boxee can't play due to hardware limitations, its also a pain to get playstation media server to use them. I never like to watch things on my PC when I have a 55" TV with surround in the main room, plus the couch is much more comfortable than the computer chair.
65559 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Utah
Offline
Posted 10/10/11
I haven't tested this extensively yet, but today when I tried to watch the latest Beelzebub here with the boxee browser the CR player would not hide when trying to watch the video in full screen. So as another tip for whomever may be struggling with this same issue, watch the videos over at CR's channel on Dailymotion instead.
Engineer
86991 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / California
Offline
Posted 10/10/11
The problem with premium videos saying you need premium membership has been fixed. Though the Boxee Box specific issue of having to login through the app and browser has not been resolved yet. Still looking into that.
22080 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/10/11
I don't know if this is really a CR app issue, but how would I go about getting Boxee to full screen on my external monitor. I have a mac, when I hit command F even after dragging it to my external screen it always comes up full screen on my laptop screen which is annoying (seeing as I don't really have a reason for the app if its not playing on my TV).
66269 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / NJ/NY
Offline
Posted 10/11/11

BasouKazuma wrote:

The problem with premium videos saying you need premium membership has been fixed. Though the Boxee Box specific issue of having to login through the app and browser has not been resolved yet. Still looking into that.


Thank you for delivering this on time lol. I just started test driving the boxee software on my htpc this past weekend and was glad to see a fix "this quick." I suppose it's been a while? Thanks again.
Engineer
86991 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / California
Offline
Posted 10/11/11 , edited 10/24/11

viggysmalls wrote:

I don't know if this is really a CR app issue, but how would I go about getting Boxee to full screen on my external monitor. I have a mac, when I hit command F even after dragging it to my external screen it always comes up full screen on my laptop screen which is annoying (seeing as I don't really have a reason for the app if its not playing on my TV).


That would either be an issue with Boxee or your computer since the videos are streamed through Adobe Flash which has no configurable options when it comes to fullscreen mode. Adobe Flash automatically detects the screen that the Adobe Flash element is loaded on and display in fullscreen mode on that screen. Though, with Boxee, the fullscreen attribute is most likely completely governed by Boxee so you would have to look to see if there's some setting that allows you to switch screens.

Update: I've fixed an issue where some shows were being displayed when we don't own the license to them nor do we have videos available. Also fixed the problem where Seasons were being shown instead of Genres for Anime and added in Genres for Drama. This should got out sometime next week, if not today.

Update2: The aforementioned changes are now live. Gonna try to look into the login issue for Boxee Box (which doesn't affect the Boxee computer client)
65559 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Utah
Offline
Posted 10/27/11
Thank you soooo much BasouKazuma. It's a relief to finally see someone at CR working on some of the problems.
22080 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/6/11
Is there any way we can have access to our que on Boxee Box? That way we can easily just go to our que and play our content.

I use an IR remote to control Boxee (on my computer) so its just more convenient to have the que feature easily there.

Also for some reason I've been having an issue that when the next video starts playing it only loads the sound and not the next video itself.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.