First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Why should I find any form of comedy worth anything?
Posted 12/4/10

PaladianCecil213 wrote:



so you don't have any comedy or jokes in your life at all?? I find that hard to believe or to be boring, life is just boring with out some fourm of laughter or comedy to lighten or cheer people up.
Well who's fault is it that caused you to completely missed my sarcasm/objective criticism in my original post in the first place? Is it your unrealistic expectation, or your mediocre look on life? How can yourself such as you are be capable of "cheering" anyone up? When you just wanna run away from the first sign of trouble, you can't be there for supporting others in their time of needs.
Posted 12/4/10
The strawman fallacy is textbook!!! ....I know being a student,,,,I do not fathom why qweruiop's post was deleted!!!

You Dom went after my throat ...and you know it!

I stress this one more time humor is healing,,,,,,

It combats fear
It comforts
It relaxes
It reduces pain
Boosts the immune system
Reduces stress
It spreads happiness
It cultivates optimism
Humor helps communication....

@Dom..
Can a joke feed those who are starving to death? No. Then it doesn't provide social justice because it's an unessential want, not a social need.

But is IS a social need!!!...How many homeless children of the rain have you feed today Dom???...

Delete me!!! I don;t care!!....this has gone on enough!!! I am weary of you!!

But I say this, Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly!!!

May the saints go with you Dom...
You weigh a ton.....

Slainte!

Sixx of the House of Pain, The Fighting Irish!!
Posted 12/4/10

XxSixpencexX wrote:

The strawman fallacy is textbook!!! ....I know being a student,,,,I do not fathom why qweruiop's post was deleted!!!


You Dom went after my throat ...and you know it!

I stress this one more time humor is healing,,,,,,

It combats fear
It comforts
It relaxes
It reduces pain
Boosts the immune system
Reduces stress
It spreads happiness
It cultivates optimism
Humor helps communication....


@Dom..
Can a joke feed those who are starving to death? No. Then it doesn't provide social justice because it's an unessential want, not a social need.

But is IS a social need!!!...How many homeless children of the rain have you feed today Dom???...

Delete me!!! I don;t care!!....this has gone on enough!!! I am weary of you!!

But I say this, Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly!!!

May the saints go with you Dom...
You weigh a ton.....

Slainte!

Sixx of the House of Pain, The Fighting Irish!!
When none of your entitlement claim made sense, I've no other choice but to gone after your core values. Because you didn't prove how humor can do any of the feasts below:

It combats fear
It comforts
It relaxes
It reduces pain
Boosts the immune system
Reduces stress
It spreads happiness
It cultivates optimism
Humor helps communication

Finally, you committed a red herrings logical fallacy by you asking what have I done. When that question has got nothing to do with the topic.
3336 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Trudging on throu...
Offline
Posted 12/4/10

XxSixpencexX wrote:

The strawman fallacy is textbook!!! ....I know being a student,,,,I do not fathom why qweruiop's post was deleted!!!



Haha thanks for backing me up!

You know, I miss the days when everyone was so nice on the CR forums.....back in 2006 when CR was still illegal.

It's sad to see it be reduced to flame wars against each other....

It used to be discussion-oriented where no one would force their ideas down your throat and instead just put it on the table and agree to disagree (if it came to that). Now it's very debate-oriented where one "has" to prove that they are right and everyone else is wrong. Oh well....things change I guess.... *sigh*
55941 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
58 / F / Midwest, rural Am...
Offline
Posted 12/4/10
Hey, Dom!! I typed up this web search request (discussions on how the comedic entertainment industry can effect social justice), & would you believe 7 out of the 1st 10 listings were related to either college course offerings or college research papers/findings on this topic..... Could you possibly be in a college course right now which is dealing w/ this premise? Man, that kind of class would be a crazy mind drain-- tho it seems a challenging subject it's certainly peaked my curiosity, especially when following this forum's posted interactions !
Posted 12/5/10 , edited 12/5/10

qweruiop wrote:


XxSixpencexX wrote:

The strawman fallacy is textbook!!! ....I know being a student,,,,I do not fathom why qweruiop's post was deleted!!!



Haha thanks for backing me up!

You know, I miss the days when everyone was so nice on the CR forums.....back in 2006 when CR was still illegal.

It's sad to see it be reduced to flame wars against each other....

It used to be discussion-oriented where no one would force their ideas down your throat and instead just put it on the table and agree to disagree (if it came to that). Now it's very debate-oriented where one "has" to prove that they are right and everyone else is wrong. Oh well....things change I guess.... *sigh*
So take your own advise, drop your BS, then leave and never return. Don't play your little game of politics, save it for PM.


farmbird wrote:

Hey, Dom!! I typed up this web search request (discussions on how the comedic entertainment industry can effect social justice), & would you believe 7 out of the 1st 10 listings were related to either college course offerings or college research papers/findings on this topic..... Could you possibly be in a college course right now which is dealing w/ this premise? Man, that kind of class would be a crazy mind drain-- tho it seems a challenging subject it's certainly peaked my curiosity, especially when following this forum's posted interactions !
Nope, it's just a combination of both my philosophical and sociological musing about social justice. From a social movement perspective I would say that I'm constructing a new master frame about social justice, by frame bridging social justice with comedy. An example would be something like this.
711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Wishing for Jeju...
Offline
Posted 12/9/10
Because there is a time for everything under the sun. I am thinking about there being "a time to weep, and a time to laugh, a time to mourn, and a time to dance...." (((((HUGS))))) sandi
Posted 12/9/10

Titus2woman wrote:

Because there is a time for everything under the sun. I am thinking about there being "a time to weep, and a time to laugh, a time to mourn, and a time to dance...." (((((HUGS))))) sandi
And how would you know when is the objectively right time for that to happen? Before you overgeneralizing the concept of comedy.
711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Wishing for Jeju...
Offline
Posted 12/9/10
LOL! I think you are just too smart for me! In my mind it just doesn't seem so complicated, but I am an admittedly simple gal. ~smile~

I enjoyed that clip, BTW! I know it is a lesser injustice, but in our household we are always joking like this. My darling is black, I am white, and after seventeen years of marriage we have lots of material! LOL! (((((HUGS))))) sand
55941 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
58 / F / Midwest, rural Am...
Offline
Posted 12/9/10 , edited 12/9/10

DomFortress wrote:


Titus2woman wrote:

Because there is a time for everything under the sun. I am thinking about there being "a time to weep, and a time to laugh, a time to mourn, and a time to dance...." (((((HUGS))))) sandi
And how would you know when is the objectively right time for that to happen? Before you overgeneralizing the concept of comedy.


Dom? Wouldn't the same objectivity apply to both the "what is comedy" & "when is it comedy" questions? How would we know when it's the right time? How about when it makes you laugh? Granted, not all things which make me laugh could be called comedy, or a joke, however, as I review your opening premise.......

DomFortress wrote:So you tell me, why should I as a philosopher find any form of comedy worth anything? When you just got a taste of my objective criticism. I find the human world of selfishness funny as heck, just by myself telling it like it is.

in my selfish opinion, humor, in all its many forms, is in the eye of the beholder.

I asked once before, could you explain what you mean when you ask the question " Why should I find any form of comedy worth anything?" Though I may appear to be acting troublesome, the truth is I'm just a little dense sometimes. It seems to me, your questioning the value of comedy/humor to the well-being of humankind, & actually, I can't understand why you'd feel it necessary to do so? May I please ask you to answer me simply ( if it is available to do so) & w/o another citation to another web site, etc. Please put any answer you may be inclined to give in your own words using the layman language for my then to be grateful brain.


Posted 12/9/10

Titus2woman wrote:

LOL! I think you are just too smart for me! In my mind it just doesn't seem so complicated, but I am an admittedly simple gal. ~smile~

I enjoyed that clip, BTW! I know it is a lesser injustice, but in our household we are always joking like this. My darling is black, I am white, and after seventeen years of marriage we have lots of material! LOL! (((((HUGS))))) sand
I don't get which clip you were referring to, for I've been referring to a lot of video clips. Please be more specific, as in just what makes yourself as your own individual to find it funny.


farmbird wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


Titus2woman wrote:

Because there is a time for everything under the sun. I am thinking about there being "a time to weep, and a time to laugh, a time to mourn, and a time to dance...." (((((HUGS))))) sandi
And how would you know when is the objectively right time for that to happen? Before you overgeneralizing the concept of comedy.


Dom? Wouldn't the same objectivity apply to both the "what is comedy" & "when is it comedy" questions? How would we know when it's the right time? How about when it makes you laugh? Granted, not all things which make me laugh could be called comedy, or a joke, however, as I review your opening premise.......

DomFortress wrote:So you tell me, why should I as a philosopher find any form of comedy worth anything? When you just got a taste of my objective criticism. I find the human world of selfishness funny as heck, just by myself telling it like it is.

in my selfish opinion, humor, in all its many forms, is in the eye of the beholder.

I asked once before, could you explain what you mean when you ask the question " Why should I find any form of comedy worth anything?" Though I may appear to be acting troublesome, the truth is I'm just a little dense sometimes. It seems to me, your questioning the value of comedy/humor to the well-being of humankind, & actually, I can't understand why you'd feel it necessary to do so? May I please ask you to answer me simply ( if it is available to do so) & w/o another citation to another web site, etc. Please put any answer you may be inclined to give in your own words using the layman language for my then to be grateful brain.
I simply want to define what certain materials that different individuals would find them to be funny. In other words, what kind of individuals would find certain materials to be funny, and why. While keep in mind that human familiarity is a result of social habituation, not freedom of association.
711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Wishing for Jeju...
Offline
Posted 12/10/10
The Axis of Evil Middle East Comedy Tour. We joke pretty hard in our home on black/white issues, and I'm sure there are many who would find it pretty inappropriate. I'm a "why can't we just all get along" type of person, I hate generalized stereotypes, and yet we still seem to find some funny in there after living the day-in, day-out. (((((HUGS))))) sandi
2598 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 12/14/10
becuase comedy offers up irony and helps us see world issues in a way that we'd understand. well at least the comedy i watch. honestly everything is friggin hilarious in a bittersweet ironic type way i.e live by the sword die by it
when it happens you dont want to laugh but you want to b/c its hilarious

a joke cant feed a starving kid but said correctly it can b-slap a rich guy into realizing that he dont got nothing until he's able to give it up so he may just go feed that kid

comedy in my opinion isnt the issue its the cataylst

and thats all folks
Posted 12/21/10
Emo question

I'll tell you what it's worth. Happiness
14755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 12/23/10
If you dont have it in yourself to find comedy worth anything, then please, stop asking ppl for a reason to, like srsly, go fuck urself.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.