First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Our Fondest Dictators
Posted 12/6/10 , edited 12/6/10

Phyzjob wrote:

Yeah, I somehow adore depots who try to challenge the world.
(Even though they know they're bound to fail, anyway.)
Well at least they're happy jumping in a large trampoline somewhere
just because students are actually wasting money in school just to
memorize these people's birth date and all the other things about them that doesn't
really matter.

Still waiting for the new born to do something spectacular. *coughs* Kim Jong-il *coughs*


and then Saddam's own people give him the high honor of being executed on television. How wonderful!

LMFAO
Is it his "mid-life" crisis as a tyrant acting up? Or that North Korea has outlasted its usefulness as a buffer state for an economically capitalist China? Either Big Brother China is publicly playing dumb, or Lil'-Kim has gone spoiled rotten, or both since neither of their governments are democratic(then again authoritarians will just obey whatever that their authorities told them without question), the shit will hit the fan as soon as either one of them felt that they had "loose face". And we'll finally have ourselves "war on pride" which will reduce international diplomacy to the level of global schoolyard fight. Name-calling included; make no mistake, we're living in a world where global security is at risk due to fighting words were exchanged behind closed-door:

(3) Fighting words: In the famous case of Chaplinsky v. New Hampshire, the U.S. Supreme Court held that the First Amendment does not protect "fighting words -- those which by their very utterance inflict injury or tend to incite an immediate breach of the peace." (315 U.S. 568, 572 [1942]) This famous exception is much discussed in recent decades, but rarely the basis for a decision upholding an abridgement of free speech.

This exception warrants scrutiny. Note that the harm involved is physical harm caused by someone else who was provoked by the speaker whose speech is being suppressed. The fact that someone else flies into a rage and causes physical harm results in justifying suppression of speech by another person!

Discussion Questions: It is worth considering why this exception has declined in acceptance. Are we now more skeptical of claims that people cannot control their actions? Do we demand the exercise of more responsibility by persons regardless of what inflammatory words they might hear? Are we more suspicious of claims of causal necessity in such situations? Note the irony that we are also witnessing an increase in the so-called "abuse excuse" in which we seem more likely to excuse someone's behavior because of something someone else did to them. Is this inconsistent with the decline in the fighting words exception?(citation)
Are we so desperately ready to go into war by any means unnecessary? If only our own mothers can see us now, whenever they're actually available, that is.

In the mean time the kids of North Korea will have their daily fix of name-calling thanks to Kim Jong-Il, until he decided to ran them over with tanks that is.[/sarcasm]


XxSixpencexX wrote:

#Dom...And your point is? Aside from the fact that there are authoritarians who would uncritically obey the authorities by over 50% of majority, through the human sociological process of conformity. If it wasn't for that preexisting human social mechanism, do you think that individual profile would've matter at all?

My point is Old Nick's book , The Prince is the infamous Evil Doer's Guide To Tyranny....it teaches Hitler's how to be Hitler's...you don't have to be born a Prince to be one....a dictator from hell is usually born that way, no matter what the station in life!
He (Adolph) kept The Prince by his bedside, his other favorite books were some American cowboy wild west series of novels, the titles
escape me at the moment.

I will leave the research up to you
, as you use me for troll bait, and talk down to me like an assclown..

QED
No proof, no evidence, no point. You are who I claim you are because of your expression, when I've simply pointed out your fallacy.
2106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Guess
Offline
Posted 12/9/10

Mr_Entropy wrote:

We've had many of these fine fellows throughout the years, from Adolf Hitler to Joseph Stalin, Benito Mussolini to Vladimir Lenin. Their inspirational characters have shown people what a single man can do when driven by the will to change the world, and it is without shame that I represent here just how interesting their contributions to humanity were.

If not for Hitler, would we have found so many good and brave men during the dark times of World War II?

We need our beloved dictators and despots. Reason was given to George Bush to get out of bed in the morning for his most adored enemy; Saddam Hussein. Then his son sent numerous young men to show the world just what America is made of, and then Saddam's own people give him the high honor of being executed on television. How wonderful!

I just feel that we need our dictators to complete us. Without them, life just gets so empty.


I apologise for being late to answer your call, being tied down by a hectic week-

An enemy is needed to project a face of all that you disagree with- with the Liberal movement it was Bush, within the Teabagging and modern Conservative movement it is Obama, with Primitive Religious bigotry the face of Mahometanism is given, sometime justifiably so- sometimes not.
Posted 12/9/10

longfenglim wrote:


Mr_Entropy wrote:

We've had many of these fine fellows throughout the years, from Adolf Hitler to Joseph Stalin, Benito Mussolini to Vladimir Lenin. Their inspirational characters have shown people what a single man can do when driven by the will to change the world, and it is without shame that I represent here just how interesting their contributions to humanity were.

If not for Hitler, would we have found so many good and brave men during the dark times of World War II?

We need our beloved dictators and despots. Reason was given to George Bush to get out of bed in the morning for his most adored enemy; Saddam Hussein. Then his son sent numerous young men to show the world just what America is made of, and then Saddam's own people give him the high honor of being executed on television. How wonderful!

I just feel that we need our dictators to complete us. Without them, life just gets so empty.


I apologise for being late to answer your call, being tied down by a hectic week-

An enemy is needed to project a face of all that you disagree with- with the Liberal movement it was Bush, within the Teabagging and modern Conservative movement it is Obama, with Primitive Religious bigotry the face of Mahometanism is given, sometime justifiably so- sometimes not.


There is a certain equality we can all count on, and that's the amount of inherent bigotry in almost every person. Not all will admit to feelings of superiority because of nationality or beliefs, but there always seems to be some kind of trace there. I had at one point in my youth felt that I was better than many of the minorities around me, but came to learn how wrong I was when I nearly faced a physical beating. There are those who wear a symbol of sorts to protect their image and speak of how they are made better by it than so many others without that, yet when it all boils down, there isn't anything about superficiality or dogma which entitles you to rights surpassing any other human being or creature. Each person is the vehicle for their own aims, and no hue of skin or doctrine by themselves makes you strong enough to undertake whatever your personal mission in life might be.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.