Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
idiots who call mangas comic books
2159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Somewhere you don...
Offline
Posted 11/29/10
I call it a comic book when I'm explaining it to noobs :3
51 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AMERICA USA! USA!...
Offline
Posted 11/29/10
Manga is the wapanes name for comic books.
Comic is the AMERICAN name for manga.


Have a nice day :3
126 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / F / United states,new...
Offline
Posted 11/29/10
i agree people should call it manga, but when i'm explaining it to someone who doesn't know what manga is i say that manga is a japanese comic
Posted 11/29/10 , edited 11/29/10

agira wrote:

oh and one more think..i personally think that mangas and comic books are different...i mean many mangas have that reality feeling..but as for comic books...how many times a day are you goin to c someone riskin his life to save u????


Well, if that is how you view comic books, you look just as ignorant to comic book readers, as people who call manga comics look ignorant to you. You obviously don't read comics. Not all comics are your typical Superman shit. Look more into comics before opening your mouth.

It's only natural for someone who doesn't read manga to call them comics. How are they idiots because they aren't familiar with the term manga? What if i called you an idiot for not being familiar with a term from another language? I bet not even a quarter of the world knows what "Manga" is. (And remember the world has about 6.5 billion people, so less than a quarter is about 2 billion)

And by the way Manga IS a comic.


PS. Use the Edit button if you want to add something to your first post
4137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / home
Offline
Posted 11/29/10

wildstorm wrote:

i agree people should call it manga, but when i'm explaining it to someone who doesn't know what manga is i say that manga is a japanese comic


tanks!! u make more sense than everyone here...i mean what is everyone so upset about!? i just expressed an opinion, no need to be rude
4137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / home
Offline
Posted 11/29/10 , edited 11/29/10

otaku_125 wrote:


agira wrote:

oh and one more think..i personally think that mangas and comic books are different...i mean many mangas have that reality feeling..but as for comic books...how many times a day are you goin to c someone riskin his life to save u????


Well, if that is how you view comic books, you look just as ignorant to comic book readers, as people who call manga comics look ignorant to you. You obviously don't read comics. Not all comics are your typical Superman shit. Look more into comics before opening your mouth.

It's only natural for someone who doesn't read manga to call them comics. How are they idiots because they aren't familiar with the term manga? What if i called you an idiot for not being familiar with a term from another language? I bet not even a quarter of the world knows what "Manga" is. (And remember the world has about 6.5 billion people, so less than a quarter is about 2 billion)

And by the way Manga IS a comic.


PS. Use the Edit button if you want to add something to your first post


i understand what u mean but i disagree...Mangas r known even in 1/3 world countries. i kno becoz i come from one. and i didnt say i hate comic books, i actually like them but ur judgement is completely ridiculous!!
43429 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 11/29/10

agira wrote:

i really cant stand people who call mangas comic books for some reason....its like theyre makin fun of those who read them . what do u think??????


and i can't stand people who say mangas.
that sir does not exist that word is just made up by fans/readers that don't know it's just manga volumes.



Look for the people that call anime manga the best explanation is the fact that it looks like a comic book but instead it thicker and has less frames.
So before going on a rant about the fact you can't stand people who call them comic books start by looking at yourself.

calling other people idiots while you're one yourself.

don't make a big deal out of nothing or we could start a topic like

WHY ARE THERE IDIOTS THAT STILL SAY MANGAS WHILE IT IS MANGA VOLUMES!!!!

4137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / home
Offline
Posted 11/29/10

NOtricious wrote:


agira wrote:

i really cant stand people who call mangas comic books for some reason....its like theyre makin fun of those who read them . what do u think??????


and i can't stand people who say mangas.
that sir does not exist that word is just made up by fans/readers that don't know it's just manga volumes.



Look for the people that call anime manga the best explanation is the fact that it looks like a comic book but instead it thicker and has less frames.
So before going on a rant about the fact you can't stand people who call them comic books start by looking at yourself.

calling other people idiots while you're one yourself.

don't make a big deal out of nothing or we could start a topic like

WHY ARE THERE IDIOTS THAT STILL SAY MANGAS WHILE IT IS MANGA VOLUMES!!!!



i speak french and thats how we say it where i come from..so later!! btw im a girl u jerk!!
4137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / home
Offline
Posted 11/29/10

joreen95 wrote:

Lol.~my parents think manga are like comic books..~r they idiots? LOL~~ Jokes..uhhm,~~there's a BIG difference..~~but , im not really that bothered w/ it.~~ since im more of a fan of ANIME~~


lol..i get it
Posted 11/30/10


I didn't say that you hated comics either.
Posted 11/30/10
there is a big difference between manga and comics... but you can see where people who are really dumb when it comes to anime/manga could get it wrong...
51 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AMERICA USA! USA!...
Offline
Posted 11/30/10
Difference?
It's all just pictures and text, who the hell cares where it from?
4137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / home
Offline
Posted 11/30/10

Bluecloud96 wrote:

there is a big difference between manga and comics... but you can see where people who are really dumb when it comes to anime/manga could get it wrong...


tanks for clearing dat up
Posted 11/30/10
suree..
48769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / F
Offline
Posted 11/30/10
It bugs me too. Ignorance is not a virtue! Refusal to get it right is just damn dumb.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.