First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
non echii yuri shoujo ai
611 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / M
Offline
Posted 8/9/11

Zensunni wrote:

Blue Drop is a nice Shoujo-ai story with a SF twist (The love is between a human girl and an alien, who happens to be from a race that is exclusively female, but not really a "girl" as she isn't human...)

From what I understand, the manga versions of Blue Drop have a more yuri bent, but the anime, which is an anime original story and not based on any manga in particular, is non-explicit.


I watched the anime and it was great! It was much of drama-story and the plot was slow, but I still enjoyed the romance. ^^ But I hate them for censoring the kiss XD
611 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / M
Offline
Posted 8/9/11 , edited 8/9/11

SoADuck wrote:


cruelcore1 wrote:


SoADuck wrote:


So cute U drawn it urself?


Nah, would be nice if I could draw like that though.

This person did:

http://www.theotaku.com/fanart/view/280193/destiny


Hell yeah, it would be great!

If i drew them, people would think they're being electrocuted XD
1487 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F
Offline
Posted 8/9/11 , edited 8/9/11

cruelcore1
What frigging abusive relationship?

Loving and returning to a person no matter how much they've deeply hurt you is an abusive relationship.


And after Chiknane was back to normal, what do u think, that they had an S&M relationship using flutes?

Yeah, actually I think they did.


Chikane was not a rapist, she was possessed! What u think, if u found urself in the situation like Chikane, that you'd be able to control the Devil and not rape her? You've made a contract and you do only bad things, there's no other way around!

RAPIST.
RAPIST
RAPIST.
That's funny-SOUMA was also possessed by Orochi and he didn't rape Himeko or any other girl. How interesting.


Chikane was a good person. Its been shown in 7 episodes of the anime, and they were all mainly about ChikanexHimeko. If Chikane didnt cross to the dark side then there would be no rape scene and the cute one would die.

She comes off as a girl who is filled with lust yet, she tries to kid herself into thinking she unconditionally loves Himeko and just wants her to be happy.
And
SHE DIDN'T HAVE TO RAPE HER.
Chikane wanted Himeko to hate her enough to want to kill her..........the first thing that crosses her mind is RAPE? Not hurting her friends, not threatening the Earth, but rape?
She's a f*cking lust-filled idiot who only wanted an excuse to have sex with the girl.


You are acting like you're a perfect person who had never done any mistakes and ure suing people around like a Spanish inquisitor.

LOLWUT.
Exactly where in my post do I act in such a way?
Oh, I am so sorry. I've never raped anybody. I better go out and do it now so I will be accepted as a "normal human being who makes mistakes."


If there was no rape then Himeko would be dead!

Why? o_O It seems to me the rape is totally unecessary and a wasted plot device for the sake of fan service. Chikane's plan to make Himeko hate her through raping her didn't work. Nothing worked until she started attacking the Earth.
..................she should have done that in the first place. We'd have the exact same result.


And what adorable relationship?

Souma has protected Himeko-chan his entire life, he has always helped her, was always a best friend to her, treated her like a princess with nothing but love, kindness, and respect. And Himeko DID love him back.


Kiss and cry? It would never work out.

She didn't cry in the manga after the kiss. I don't know why the anime directors changed it. They're just retarded, I guess.


Himeko preferred Chikane from the beginning!

Sure didn't seem like it to me.


And that she did nothing but rape her? She saved her life by raping her!

Again, how?


BTW, thnx for calling me sick.

You're welcome.


I found anime quite popular in Yuri scene. So Yuri lovers are mostly sick?


If they ship a yuri couple just because it's yuri, no matter how wrong or unhealthy it is, yes, they are. Rabid yaoi fangirls are exactly the same way. Deepness? Touching moments? Convincing, realistic love where both of the characters are happy? WE DON'T CARE ABOUT THAT-JUST GIVE US THE GAY SECKS!!
It's really, very very sad.


That's another flaw I found in the series - I'd prefer it that Chikane died and never reincarnated, and that Himeko turns back to her world.

My God.........there's the FIRST thing we can agree on. I was hoping for that as well.


Don't u remember episode 12 when Shizuma attempted to rape Nagisa? She was in completely normal controllable condition unlike Chikane who was possessed. And at the end of the anime, not just that they end up together, but they even have sex.

I've never watched Strawberry Panic.


Oh, and don't you have an extreme hate for the series for the series, recommending people to avoid them? Whats up with the sudden change?

No change. The man who wants yuri recommendations in this thread said he wants "something cute, pure, and lovely, without perverted stuff or smut and something that makes you feel good."
Thus, I don't think Kannazuki would be a good show for him. It'd probably disturb him a lot. It's not a "feel good" show.



Arguing with you is completely pointless.

I told you that from the beginning. You didn't listen and chose to argue with me anyway.


You are sceptic and have absolutely no understanding for people.

Chikane is a f**king ANIME CHARACTER AND A VERY UNREALISTIC ONE AT THAT.
Don't give me this bullshit about "you don't understand people" because I happen to insult a colored drawing with an audible voice.
Assuming such a thing is completely ignorant, out of line, not to mention RUDE.



611 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / M
Offline
Posted 8/10/11

Loving and returning to a person no matter how much they've deeply hurt you is an abusive relationship.


Himeko doesn't have to accept her. It all depends about her. She's not stupid, she knows Chikane and the situation good enough to decide whether she'll stay or not.


That's funny-SOUMA was also possessed by Orochi and he didn't rape Himeko or any other girl. How interesting.


He did worse things, and he didn't have to compromise to save her. And during that time he didn't even know Himeko - if he did, he'd rape her too. That's how it is when you're possessed by the devil - if you just want to sleep with someone but he/she doesn't let you, you rape. There's no other way.


Chikane wanted Himeko to hate her enough to want to kill her..........the first thing that crosses her mind is RAPE? Not hurting her friends, not threatening the Earth, but rape?
She's a f*cking lust-filled idiot who only wanted an excuse to have sex with the girl.


Rape was not planned, it was a result of the possession. Though, Chikane might have expected that as a possibility, but if she really was such a bad horny person, she'd do that before switching the side.
If she simply wanted to "do it", it's a piece of cake for a girls like her to talk Himeko into it. They knew each other for long enough.
Anime clearly showed us she didn't want an excuse. That's an artificial reality, you can't change it. You can imagine a modified story like just now but it still won't be the anime.


LOLWUT.
Exactly where in my post do I act in such a way?
Oh, I am so sorry. I've never raped anybody. I better go out and do it now so I will be accepted as a "normal human being who makes mistakes."


Im sure you'd never rape anyone, but neither you got possessed by the devil. It's impossible in real world, but imagine yourself in Chikane's position.


Why? o_O It seems to me the rape is totally unecessary and a wasted plot device for the sake of fan service.


In the manga it probably was fanservice, but not in the anime. Due the sucky plot and mediocre love-parts, thrill is the only thing that keeps this anime begin popular. All was great, chikane was good, and then suddenly she attempts to rape Himako, beats up Souma, and announces that she'll continue the rape, and in the morning Himeko suffers from shock because a person she loved just raped her. That scene indeed was terrifying and without it tne anime wouldn't be as popular.


Why? o_O It seems to me the rape is totally unecessary and a wasted plot device for the sake of fan service. Chikane's plan to make Himeko hate her through raping her didn't work. Nothing worked until she started attacking the Earth.


Again, how?


Apparently, it worked, because Chikane got herself killed at the end. Himeko was not really meant to hate her, chances would be low for that - she should have just killed Chikane to preserve her other loved ones. That was to be planned.


..................she should have done that in the first place. We'd have the exact same result.


U mean killed her? Well I gotta tell you, watching from a "higher" level, you're right. She'd get re-born just like Chikane, in another place of Japan, in the past, so the only damage she'd have would be the memory of love. But then she'd never meet Souma, and she would meet Chikane because it's her "destiny" (and also Yuri tradition).
But humans have their instincts, and they consider its better to rape instead of kill, or to get raped instead of be killed. And realise this: neither one of them wanted the other one to be killed. Himeko would never be strong enough to make a compromise like Chikane so even if she had memories she'd just commit suicide at the end.


Souma has protected Himeko-chan his entire life, he has always helped her, was always a best friend to her, treated her like a princess with nothing but love, kindness, and respect. And Himeko DID love him back.


Hell yeah, she loved him back indeed! But she didn't love him enough. I agree that'd seem to be a beautiful relationship, but it's a love triangle anime - there's always a sad part.
But if he got into Chikane's position then he'd do the same thing. And its not like he would want to rape her, but he wouldn't be able to control it.


She didn't cry in the manga after the kiss. I don't know why the anime directors changed it. They're just retarded, I guess.


They're not retarded, that's just normal. That's what people do. Compare Uta Kata manga and anime.
In Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabitito visual novel, for example, you had a guy searching for his loved one, and also a plenty of sex scenes. And in the anime it was a girl who seemed to dislike even a thought of sex with anyone else but her loved one.
However, she was worse than Chikane - she was never possessed by the devil yet she said "If you don't want to be with me then I'll kill you and then myself!" The other girl let her choke her, and she did, but at the end she couldn't kill her. Definitely the worst main-character person ive seen.


Sure didn't seem like it to me.


It's a Yuri anime - it HAD to be that way. They usually think that they prefer the guy but then realise they were wrong. It's a "love knows no gender" dualism that has to end lesbian way. Remember, Chikane never interfered in love between Souma and Himeko (while she was normal). Himeko herself chose Chikane at the end.


My God.........there's the FIRST thing we can agree on. I was hoping for that as well.


Yeah, but on different basics. You see, I wanted the ending to be at least little tragic because I like tragedy, and u wanted it cuz u hated Chikane.


I've never watched Strawberry Panic.


You should. As far as I know, its the most popular Yuri ATM. And there's no fantasy and stuff, so no possessions by the devil.
WARNING: 2 love triangles.


The man who wants yuri recommendations in this thread said he wants "something cute, pure, and lovely, without perverted stuff or smut and something that makes you feel good."


Not exactly. He just wanted Yuri without sex and Ecchi perverse, eventhough Sasameki Koto contained a little Ecchi perverse. I gotta agree with him on that point, I really prefer Yuri without sex. I found Strawberry Panic disturbing because they had sex like 30-yo's - they meet, kiss and have sex. One love couple first had romantic moments, then a thrill, and then their first kiss, and u see them wake up in the morning naked. The other one had a longer Yuri drama and they did it right after deciding to be together. It's just not normal for inexperienced people like them, but it's anime's reality, I can't help it.


I told you that from the beginning. You didn't listen and chose to argue with me anyway.


I listened, I read everything u wrote. I don't just go through the net arguing with people because Im in the bad mood.


Chikane is a f**king ANIME CHARACTER AND A VERY UNREALISTIC ONE AT THAT.
Don't give me this bullshit about "you don't understand people" because I happen to insult a colored drawing with an audible voice.
Assuming such a thing is completely ignorant, out of line, not to mention RUDE.


Now that's hypocritical. Apparently, you HATE an anime character. According to that, they also deserve some understanding.
You're imagining stuff that are not a part of the anime. For you Chikane is just a girl who wanted to rape Himeko and then have an abusive relationship with her because of her selfishness. In the anime she sacrifices her goodness and santiy for Himeko just to save her.
Just to remind you that Souma's love is same selfish. He only wanted to protect her because chemistry worked inside of him (and he's usually a person of love so we don't have to worry about that). Lets see... Neither Souma nor Chikane interfered in Himeko's choice, which was unselfish, and they both wanted to save her because THEY liked her, which also wasn't selfish. In a past incarnation Chikane had hard time killing Himeko to renew the world, which was unselfish. We don't have evidence whether Souma would do that, but lets assume he would. And would he sacrifice his sanity and goodness for Himeko? He already did that by keeping on fighting despite the curse. If situation wasn't so good, he'd end up killing Himeko. So they get to the same selfishness level.

Anime reality is unchangeable and characters are just as they are interpreted. If their intentions were described enough then they are exactly like that and cannot be changed. If a character was described to have good intentions by crossing to the dark side, then you saying his intentions were different is a misinformation. Anime writers and adaptors are gods - they know everything about every character, even what they think. Even if it's an anime adaptation, adapters can change anything they want. This anime is too trivial to let us think so deeply about people's intentions and their logic (like in Death Note), so they tell us everything. You can only conclude what would happen after. If you want, you can write a similar story as a fanfiction, where Chikane really has evil intentions and Himeko ends up with Souma at the end. In that reality I would cheer for Souma too.

You're telling me I was rude? I am not a person that only cares for them to end up as a yuri couple, but we have already called me sick. I have a feeling you wanted to tell me that because I stood up for KnM, but u only needed an excuse. I don't care what u think or say about me, and I have much more important business than insulting you for saying stuff that dont really affect people's opinions about me.
611 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / M
Offline
Posted 8/10/11 , edited 8/10/11
Hey, guys, yuri is beautiful, isn't it? :)

Yuri:
1487 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F
Offline
Posted 8/10/11 , edited 8/10/11
Seriously, I'm done arguing with you about KNM. We clearly have different views and neither one of us is going to change mind about it. There is no point.


In Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabitito visual novel, for example, you had a guy searching for his loved one, and also a plenty of sex scenes. And in the anime it was a girl who seemed to dislike even a thought of sex with anyone else but her loved one.
However, she was worse than Chikane - she was never possessed by the devil yet she said "If you don't want to be with me then I'll kill you and then myself!" The other girl let her choke her, and she did, but at the end she couldn't kill her. Definitely the worst main-character person ive seen.


But..........you've seen the anime right? Hazuki didn't do that. I actually prefer YamiBou over Kannazuki in terms of yuriness and the main couple. What I loved about Yamibou is that there were canon pairings of all kind-yuri, yaoi, AND straight. I prefer series that do this, over the "only one sex exists in this world and EVERYONE IS GAY LOL".


You should. As far as I know, its the most popular Yuri ATM. And there's no fantasy and stuff, so no possessions by the devil.
WARNING: 2 love triangles.


Eh, just because something's uber popular doesn't mean it's good. *coughNarutocough* I like the boyish girl and the blonde girl (was it Hikari?) They look totally cute together. But if it's as you say with the characters meeting, kissing, and having sex immediately afterwards, I don't think I'd like that. That just comes off as smutty. I prefer more romantic build-up. I'm also a big fan of subtly. That's why my favorite yuri coupling is LuciaxSumire from VVV. They never come out and say they love each other, but you know they do.





cruelcore1 wrote:

Hey, guys, yuri is beautiful, isn't it? :)

Yuri:


THAT type of yuri is.

611 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / M
Offline
Posted 8/10/11

Seriously, I'm done arguing with you about KNM. We clearly have different views and neither one of us is going to change mind about it. There is no point.


You're so damn right. We've been repeating the same things for days.


What I loved about Yamibou is that there were canon pairings of all kind-yuri, yaoi, AND straight. I prefer series that do this, over the "only one sex exists in this world and EVERYONE IS GAY LOL".


The same thing you can find Uta-Kata anime, but its quite a softcore Yuri/Yaoi. Personally, I found it more Yaoi-ish xD But these are also thrilling (in ep 6+), eventhough there's no rape or anything like that.
Manga is Seinen and it's as stupid as hell so don't bother urself reading it.


Eh, just because something's uber popular doesn't mean it's good. *coughNarutocough* I like the boyish girl and the blonde girl (was it Hikari?) They look totally cute together. But if it's as you say with the characters meeting, kissing, and having sex immediately afterwards, I don't think I'd like that. That just comes off as smutty. I prefer more romantic build-up. I'm also a big fan of subtly. That's why my favorite yuri coupling is LuciaxSumire from VVV. They never come out and say they love each other, but you know they do.


Yeah, but it's still a matter of watcher's perspective. U know, no matter how "perverted" guys seem to be, we can get very shocked when we see girls can actually be so perverted.
They seem to be too casual when it comes to sex. Watching the anime, it really takes time until they do it, but if u look better, Hikari has never kissed her loved one before. They just walked on the beach and stuff. As for Shizuma, she is weird for a reason so she had problems with getting together with Nagisa. But (this is not a spoiler, nowadays shows are predictable) in the end they got together, went outside, made things out of flowers and then did it.
There's also 1 couple that does it daily but u can compare them to "bad girls" unlike in those 2 famous relationships.
There r only 3 "certain sex announcement" scenes in 26 eps, excluding the sex-addicted couple. Despite everything I said, I can say anime is worth watching. But usual love triangles always have happy and sad part, and that is the biggest problem I think.

Sub-genre is "Lesbian Utopia", with 0 boys.



Hey, guys, yuri is beautiful, isn't it? :)


Yuri:


THAT type of yuri is.



Hell yeah! But I'm not really a fan of flowers u know...
The Wise Wizard
99927 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Online
Posted 8/10/11

Chiibihime wrote:
Eh, just because something's uber popular doesn't mean it's good. *coughNarutocough* I like the boyish girl and the blonde girl (was it Hikari?) They look totally cute together. But if it's as you say with the characters meeting, kissing, and having sex immediately afterwards, I don't think I'd like that. That just comes off as smutty. I prefer more romantic build-up. I'm also a big fan of subtly. That's why my favorite yuri coupling is LuciaxSumire from VVV. They never come out and say they love each other, but you know they do.

In Strawberry Panic that scene happens near the end of the series, well after Hikari and Amane first meet, although probably not long after their first kiss. There is definitely a long lead up.

611 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / M
Offline
Posted 8/14/11

TheAncientOne wrote:


Chiibihime wrote:
Eh, just because something's uber popular doesn't mean it's good. *coughNarutocough* I like the boyish girl and the blonde girl (was it Hikari?) They look totally cute together. But if it's as you say with the characters meeting, kissing, and having sex immediately afterwards, I don't think I'd like that. That just comes off as smutty. I prefer more romantic build-up. I'm also a big fan of subtly. That's why my favorite yuri coupling is LuciaxSumire from VVV. They never come out and say they love each other, but you know they do.

In Strawberry Panic that scene happens near the end of the series, well after Hikari and Amane first meet, although probably not long after their first kiss. There is definitely a long lead up.



Right after Amane got her memory back and right after their first kiss that was in the house where they did it, as far as I remember. If they had more kisses and at least a few weeks of being together, then it'd make much more sense (IMO).
But the thing tht really bothered me was the love triangle. there's always a happy part and sad/depressive part. I just can't take the sad parts so I try to avoid love triangles.
611 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / M
Offline
Posted 8/14/11 , edited 8/14/11
Hey, guys, I need a recommendation. What is the "cutest" Yuri/Shoujo-Ai you've watched? I have already seen Candy Boy, just to mention it before you recommend it.
7188 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/16/11 , edited 8/16/11
I'd bet a million dollars that it's been said already, but Maria Watches Over Us fits that description perfectly... and I honestly can't think of anything else that is yuri-focused that contains no ecchi. Although I am a fan of just about any yuri, I agree that I wish the subject was handled more seriously in anime. It's either over the top silliness or there merely for comic relief.

Now that I think about it, Strawberry Panic doesn't have major ecchi or anything for the most part, but there is definitely some naughtiness... it's been a while since I watched it, though.
611 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / M
Offline
Posted 8/22/11
Though, why do everyone here refer to Ecchi as sex and stuff. Ecchi is a genre that rarely have any real sex in it. It is a sub-genre of comedy because it makes fun of general perverse, and it truly is funny. The only "real" Yuri that contains visible Ecchi is Candy Boy, eventhough 2 main characters are more like very-very-close than a real love couple, and not even proven lesbians. The only Ecchi element I remember from Strawberry Panic was a body-measuring scene in ep 1 (there was ecchi mood).
1487 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F
Offline
Posted 8/23/11 , edited 8/23/11

cruelcore1 wrote:

Though, why do everyone here refer to Ecchi as sex and stuff. Ecchi is a genre that rarely have any real sex in it. It is a sub-genre of comedy because it makes fun of general perverse, and it truly is funny. The only "real" Yuri that contains visible Ecchi is Candy Boy, eventhough 2 main characters are more like very-very-close than a real love couple, and not even proven lesbians. The only Ecchi element I remember from Strawberry Panic was a body-measuring scene in ep 1 (there was ecchi mood).



"Ecchi" can have various definitions.

In manga, "ecchi" is used to directly refer to sex, though it is often spelled "H". "Ecchi" is the Japanese pronunciation of "H".

When it comes to the anime genre, you're right though. "Ecchi" doesn't normally have gratuitous sex in it. If it does, it'd be hentai.

Any anime that frequently has panty shots, bouncing breasts, sex jokes, or detailed nudity is classified as "Ecchi".
611 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / M
Offline
Posted 8/24/11

Chiibihime wrote:


cruelcore1 wrote:

Though, why do everyone here refer to Ecchi as sex and stuff. Ecchi is a genre that rarely have any real sex in it. It is a sub-genre of comedy because it makes fun of general perverse, and it truly is funny. The only "real" Yuri that contains visible Ecchi is Candy Boy, eventhough 2 main characters are more like very-very-close than a real love couple, and not even proven lesbians. The only Ecchi element I remember from Strawberry Panic was a body-measuring scene in ep 1 (there was ecchi mood).



"Ecchi" can have various definitions.

In manga, "ecchi" is used to directly refer to sex, though it is often spelled "H". "Ecchi" is the Japanese pronunciation of "H".

When it comes to the anime genre, you're right though. "Ecchi" doesn't normally have gratuitous sex in it. If it does, it'd be hentai.

Any anime that frequently has panty shots, bouncing breasts, sex jokes, or detailed nudity is classified as "Ecchi".


Well they should be more specific. First I saw this title I thought "WT... Ecchi/Yuri exists?" but when i read the first post it was quite obvious he wasn't referring to the genre, so it kinda confused me. I know "ecchi" also means "dirty", eventhough it can be also connected to hentai (as H). So Ecchi anime are suppose to be "dirty", and sex in romantic anime is nothing dirty.

According to the genre, there are usually sex jokes. Actually, according to my experience, it's based on them. It can also be made to turn people on. It doesn't have gratuitous sex because otherwise it wouldn't be fun:
1. Once you see everything you want to see more, and since there is no "more" it becomes boring. Also, if they add enough explicit (only sex is not enough), it turns to Hentai.
2. It wouldn't be so funny because the main characters would already have all experience and usual softcore Ecchi jokes would become irrelevant.

Panty shots and other fanservice are optional. However, quite welcome, but sometimes they can be boring and irritating (like in Strike Witches). You can even see fanservice in non-Ecchi anime. However, it's almost always fun with Ecchi elements only. I remember how they decreased the joy of Uta Kata by adding unnecessary ecchi-less fanservice. Fanservice and Ecchi elements can also be found in many "popular" anime which I concluded because a plenty of people complains on it. Some even say anime is stuff based on schoolgirls with short skirts and in bikinis, and about panty shots.

Detailed nudity is often in "hardcore Ecchi" or some normal Ecchi OVAs.
1487 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F
Offline
Posted 8/25/11

cruelcore1 wrote:


Chiibihime wrote:


cruelcore1 wrote:

Though, why do everyone here refer to Ecchi as sex and stuff. Ecchi is a genre that rarely have any real sex in it. It is a sub-genre of comedy because it makes fun of general perverse, and it truly is funny. The only "real" Yuri that contains visible Ecchi is Candy Boy, eventhough 2 main characters are more like very-very-close than a real love couple, and not even proven lesbians. The only Ecchi element I remember from Strawberry Panic was a body-measuring scene in ep 1 (there was ecchi mood).



"Ecchi" can have various definitions.

In manga, "ecchi" is used to directly refer to sex, though it is often spelled "H". "Ecchi" is the Japanese pronunciation of "H".

When it comes to the anime genre, you're right though. "Ecchi" doesn't normally have gratuitous sex in it. If it does, it'd be hentai.

Any anime that frequently has panty shots, bouncing breasts, sex jokes, or detailed nudity is classified as "Ecchi".


Well they should be more specific. First I saw this title I thought "WT... Ecchi/Yuri exists?" but when i read the first post it was quite obvious he wasn't referring to the genre, so it kinda confused me. I know "ecchi" also means "dirty", eventhough it can be also connected to hentai (as H). So Ecchi anime are suppose to be "dirty", and sex in romantic anime is nothing dirty.

According to the genre, there are usually sex jokes. Actually, according to my experience, it's based on them. It can also be made to turn people on. It doesn't have gratuitous sex because otherwise it wouldn't be fun:
1. Once you see everything you want to see more, and since there is no "more" it becomes boring. Also, if they add enough explicit (only sex is not enough), it turns to Hentai.
2. It wouldn't be so funny because the main characters would already have all experience and usual softcore Ecchi jokes would become irrelevant.

Panty shots and other fanservice are optional. However, quite welcome, but sometimes they can be boring and irritating (like in Strike Witches). You can even see fanservice in non-Ecchi anime. However, it's almost always fun with Ecchi elements only. I remember how they decreased the joy of Uta Kata by adding unnecessary ecchi-less fanservice. Fanservice and Ecchi elements can also be found in many "popular" anime which I concluded because a plenty of people complains on it. Some even say anime is stuff based on schoolgirls with short skirts and in bikinis, and about panty shots.

Detailed nudity is often in "hardcore Ecchi" or some normal Ecchi OVAs.


How do you get "ecchi-less fan service"? o_O All fan service deals with panties or nudity. The only kind that doesn't is when they do shout-outs to other anime series etc: the main character having a Gundam model in his room or something.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.