Why can't I use full screen for any videos?
85265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Louisville, KY
Offline
Posted 12/2/10
This isn't just CR exclusive it's everything, Youtube, hulu, etc. Can someone help me? I was able to yesterday now when I use Fullscreen it's just blank screen with sounds.
The Wise Wizard
100935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 12/2/10

Khaltazar wrote:

This isn't just CR exclusive it's everything, Youtube, hulu, etc. Can someone help me? I was able to yesterday now when I use Fullscreen it's just blank screen with sounds.

Assuming you are using Windows, since this was a recent development, have you tried using System Restore?
85265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Louisville, KY
Offline
Posted 12/2/10

TheAncientOne wrote:


Khaltazar wrote:

This isn't just CR exclusive it's everything, Youtube, hulu, etc. Can someone help me? I was able to yesterday now when I use Fullscreen it's just blank screen with sounds.

Assuming you are using Windows, since this was a recent development, have you tried using System Restore?


Strange thing happened.

When I have World of Warcraft open now I can't use full-screen mode anymore but when I close WoW I can. This never used to happen I always used full-screen mode even while in-game. Why would this happen just recently? Would a system restore fix something that strange? Also, sorry about asking this in CR forums I have no where else to turn since I didn't know what the problem was, CR users are the most reliable people to ask.
The Wise Wizard
100935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 12/2/10

Khaltazar wrote:
Strange thing happened.

When I have World of Warcraft open now I can't use full-screen mode anymore but when I close WoW I can. This never used to happen I always used full-screen mode even while in-game. Why would this happen just recently? Would a system restore fix something that strange? Also, sorry about asking this in CR forums I have no where else to turn since I didn't know what the problem was, CR users are the most reliable people to ask.

System Restore works by reverting changes to the registry and system files, so it stands a good chance of correcting the problem.

What caused it is another question. The 3 most likely culprits are WoW, Adobe Flash Player, and your graphics driver. As far as I know, neither NVIDIA , AMD (formerly ATI) or Intel drivers auto-update, so unless you recently updated those yourself, those can likely be ruled out. Adobe Flash Player would have prompted you first, so you would also be aware of that. That leaves WoW, which I am less familiar.

If you are certain none of those 3 were changed at the time the problem occurred, there could have been a minor corruption or some other program interacting in some strange way.

If System Restore doesn't do the trick, you could always try updating Flash (or uninstalling/re-installing if you have the latest version), and then doing the same with your graphics driver.

58151 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / PA.
Offline
Posted 12/2/10

TheAncientOne wrote:and then doing the same with your graphics driver.



Agreed. With something like this the best place to start is to uninstall and re-install the graphics driver since it seems to be re-occurring problem.
You must be logged in to post.