First  Prev  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  Next  Last
Roku, VIA & WD
43 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 3/21/12
Everything is working again, thanks.

I remember a while back contacting the flingo guy about something and he said that he manually adjusted you guys' xml file because it wasn't in the desired order. I think that when there are minor hiccups like this that it might be the cause. If you are dead set on using the flingo/ web videos app then maybe the site/feed needs to be re-worked to accomidate it instead of the other way around.

Have I mentioned that you guys need to make your own app?
Vegetable Support Manager
Bjaker 
37429 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 3/22/12

HowardC wrote:

Everything is working again, thanks.

I remember a while back contacting the flingo guy about something and he said that he manually adjusted you guys' xml file because it wasn't in the desired order. I think that when there are minor hiccups like this that it might be the cause. If you are dead set on using the flingo/ web videos app then maybe the site/feed needs to be re-worked to accomidate it instead of the other way around.

Have I mentioned that you guys need to make your own app? ;)


Glad it is working again!
I'll make sure that the development team knows we should make our own app.
79485 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / MT, USA
Online
Posted 3/23/12
The newest episode of Fairy Tail is missing it's subtitles on the Roku. Had to run upstairs and have everyone gather around my computer monitor to watch it. Might want to fix that before someone less humored than I tries to watch.
Vegetable Support Manager
Bjaker 
37429 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 3/24/12

nharatyk wrote:

The newest episode of Fairy Tail is missing it's subtitles on the Roku. Had to run upstairs and have everyone gather around my computer monitor to watch it. Might want to fix that before someone less humored than I tries to watch.


Subtitles, on Roku, do not sync until 2-7 hours after we post a video.
This is a time we are trying to shorten / get rid of entirely.
Apologies for any inconvenience.
20 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/25/12
I am not sure when Crunchyroll posted The Knight in the Area Episode 11 on Roku, but the subtitles do not match this episode. They look to be from an earlier ep. I tried watching a couple of days ago and again today to see if it was fixed, but it wasn't. Subtitles are fine on the website, though.
Vegetable Support Manager
Bjaker 
37429 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 3/27/12

DCat63 wrote:

I am not sure when Crunchyroll posted The Knight in the Area Episode 11 on Roku, but the subtitles do not match this episode. They look to be from an earlier ep. I tried watching a couple of days ago and again today to see if it was fixed, but it wasn't. Subtitles are fine on the website, though.


There's definitely something weird going on with the episode.
Looking into it.
Mahzes 
67108 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / London, England, UK
Offline
Posted 3/29/12
Just noticed that the new SKET Dance ep seemed to go up on Roku almost immediately, but there still don't seem to be any subtitles for it. The subs are working fine on last week's episode, though.

Is this just because the episode just went up, or is there a chance that it's an error?
Mahzes 
67108 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / London, England, UK
Offline
Posted 3/29/12
Apologies for the double post, but I have noticed something today, both in SKET Dance and Naruto;

The video seems to go up on Roku almost immediately at the simulcast time- however, there aren't any subtitles. SKET Dance subtitles appeared within a couple of hours, but it's been four hours since Naruto went up and there are still none.

I'm normally at work weekdays, so I don't know if these are common/ regular issues or if it's just today.
29073 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Staten Island, NY...
Offline
Posted 3/30/12
Thinking of getting a Roku, so I can be lazy and not get off the couch to switch a video to full screen when it goes to the next episode.

I have a Premium Account.

My questions are, does CrunchyRoll do HD (720p and/or 1080p) on the Roku device?
When one episode is over, does it go to the next episode and play it full screen?
56241 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / PA.
Offline
Posted 3/31/12

GodWhomIsMike wrote:

Thinking of getting a Roku, so I can be lazy and not get off the couch to switch a video to full screen when it goes to the next episode.

I have a Premium Account.

My questions are, does CrunchyRoll do HD (720p and/or 1080p) on the Roku device?


No.


GodWhomIsMike wrote:When one episode is over, does it go to the next episode and play it full screen?


And, no. Easy thing to do is hit the "back" button after the episode is over, select the next episode, and press play.

One Punch Mod
47726 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 4/2/12
[

GodWhomIsMike wrote:When one episode is over, does it go to the next episode and play it full screen?


And, no. Easy thing to do is hit the "back" button after the episode is over, select the next episode, and press play.



Actually, when the episode ends it tautomaticlly akes you back to the current episode screen and all you need to do is hit the > (or sometimes the <) button.

Crunchyroll on Roku always plays "full screen."

One Punch Mod
47726 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 4/3/12
Here's a problem I've been having on Roku ever since the new look took hold there. It's just a minor nuisance, but it is indeed a real annoyance since, truth is, although I do watch some other channels on my Roku, most of the time it's Crunchyroll, which means that ideally I'd just be able to stay in the Crunchyroll channel for days. Turn on my TV, pick up where I left off, or choose a new show or episode, and so on.

However it seems that now something is happening such that after a few hours (say overnight, or between the time I leave for work in the morning and come home), if I try to access something in Crunchyroll I get an "Unauthenticated request" message and the option to click "Done." When I do, I then get the scary-the-first-time message "There is currently no content available for this series." This is easily "fixed" by simply clicking the "home" button, clicking on the Crunchyroll channel, and then going back to pick whatever show and episode I want to watch. But aside from having to make those two extra clicks, there's the extra inconvenience because when coming back into Crunchyroll, it always "resets" me to the first show in my queue, instead of where I left off.

I didn't mention this earlier because I thought it was a temporary glitch. But it's been a little while now. Any chance this will get fixed or is it just something I'll need to live with, oh, forever or something like it.
Vegetable Support Manager
Bjaker 
37429 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 4/4/12

lorreen wrote:

Here's a problem I've been having on Roku ever since the new look took hold there. It's just a minor nuisance, but it is indeed a real annoyance since, truth is, although I do watch some other channels on my Roku, most of the time it's Crunchyroll, which means that ideally I'd just be able to stay in the Crunchyroll channel for days. Turn on my TV, pick up where I left off, or choose a new show or episode, and so on.

However it seems that now something is happening such that after a few hours (say overnight, or between the time I leave for work in the morning and come home), if I try to access something in Crunchyroll I get an "Unauthenticated request" message and the option to click "Done." When I do, I then get the scary-the-first-time message "There is currently no content available for this series." This is easily "fixed" by simply clicking the "home" button, clicking on the Crunchyroll channel, and then going back to pick whatever show and episode I want to watch. But aside from having to make those two extra clicks, there's the extra inconvenience because when coming back into Crunchyroll, it always "resets" me to the first show in my queue, instead of where I left off.

I didn't mention this earlier because I thought it was a temporary glitch. But it's been a little while now. Any chance this will get fixed or is it just something I'll need to live with, oh, forever or something like it.


Sooooo, what's happening is that once you go into a show and select an episode you're essentially starting the stream for it (even though it isn't playing). Roku's reaching out to the site, getting the address, yada yada, and this is only live for 4 hours.

So it's like you're leaving your car running over night. (this makes sense to me, I'm sure I sound crazy)

I would just exit out of the channel when you're done watching.
One Punch Mod
47726 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 4/4/12
Sooooo, what's happening is that once you go into a show and select an episode you're essentially starting the stream for it (even though it isn't playing). Roku's reaching out to the site, getting the address, yada yada, and this is only live for 4 hours.

So it's like you're leaving your car running over night. (this makes sense to me, I'm sure I sound crazy)

I would just exit out of the channel when you're done watching.

Well yeah, except it didn't used to do this--it just started happening a few weeks ago, so I was hoping it was a fixable glitch as opposed to a permanent change. Ah well. Less convenient, but I can think of worse things. Thanks for the reply.
Vegetable Support Manager
Bjaker 
37429 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 4/4/12



Interesting. As far as I know it has always been this way.
I'll talk with the dev team though and see what may have changed.
First  Prev  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.