First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
What are your thoughts on our worlds enviroment?
Posted 1/11/08

ShadowGryphon wrote:


snow-chibi wrote:

My thoughts are that we are slowly killing Earth .
We had the choice to stop all this madness but we chose not to .
Now , we are desperate to make Earth feel all better .
This is why the Kyoto Accord showed up .
It`s sad that some people care more about their economy than the Earth .

The year USA beomes the richest , most developed [ and all that good eocnomy
stuff ] country on Earth , they will only have a few hours to enjoy it `cause
greenhouse gases and the sun is killing us all .


And why is the US to take all the blame ?
Kyoto Accord or not.... there are -many- other nations just as bad if not worse than the US.
Look at china , for example.
Even Japan continues to be guilty

So before you all get on a roll about global warming and how many countries are "destroying the earth".... you need to read this :

http://www.mmofaces.com/blog/view/id_434/

Now consider the facts presented in this article... and then you'll understand why Al gores "An Inconvenient Truth" is actually a case of Al Gores Convenient Lie.
(I'm not going to post the entire article because I think Shinji would be rather upset at a wall 'o' text that big)

you might also want to look at this:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/gorehome.asp
and after you read this, ask yourself.... if Al Gore is so worried about global warming and the like..... why does he continue to work out of a house like this and not streamline his own environment ?

It seems that too many are too willing to believe the worst (especially when it's based on bad science) to think to question why a politician is shilling this and what he has to gain.



It`s too long and I don`t wanna check those . >.< Maybe some other time ...
Anyway , I never said that US should take all the blame .
Canada should be blamed too but how come I didn`t say Canada ? Because
Canada wanted to reduce its gas emissions to help stop global warming .
Still ... shame on us .
Besides , I didn`t just point to the US and say ' You`re to blame ! ' . I said ' we ' .
I couldn`t put the blame on China and Japan either because they agreed to
reduce their gas emissions .

As I see it , the US is the only country that chooses its economy over Earth .
So far , they don`t intend to agree to the current Accord .
The rest of the world is struggling to keep their gas emissions low .
Is it fair for US to just sit there and pollute all they want ?
1711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / your mom!!!
Offline
Posted 1/11/08
this world is screwed!!.....enjoy it while it lasts!
SamMan 
3823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Bothell, WA, USA
Offline
Posted 1/11/08

snow-chibi wrote:


ShadowGryphon wrote:


snow-chibi wrote:

My thoughts are that we are slowly killing Earth .
We had the choice to stop all this madness but we chose not to .
Now , we are desperate to make Earth feel all better .
This is why the Kyoto Accord showed up .
It`s sad that some people care more about their economy than the Earth .

The year USA beomes the richest , most developed [ and all that good eocnomy
stuff ] country on Earth , they will only have a few hours to enjoy it `cause
greenhouse gases and the sun is killing us all .


And why is the US to take all the blame ?
Kyoto Accord or not.... there are -many- other nations just as bad if not worse than the US.
Look at china , for example.
Even Japan continues to be guilty

So before you all get on a roll about global warming and how many countries are "destroying the earth".... you need to read this :

http://www.mmofaces.com/blog/view/id_434/

Now consider the facts presented in this article... and then you'll understand why Al gores "An Inconvenient Truth" is actually a case of Al Gores Convenient Lie.
(I'm not going to post the entire article because I think Shinji would be rather upset at a wall 'o' text that big)

you might also want to look at this:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/gorehome.asp
and after you read this, ask yourself.... if Al Gore is so worried about global warming and the like..... why does he continue to work out of a house like this and not streamline his own environment ?

It seems that too many are too willing to believe the worst (especially when it's based on bad science) to think to question why a politician is shilling this and what he has to gain.



It`s too long and I don`t wanna check those . >.< Maybe some other time ...
Anyway , I never said that US should take all the blame .
Canada should be blamed too but how come I didn`t say Canada ? Because
Canada wanted to reduce its gas emissions to help stop global warming .
Still ... shame on us .
Besides , I didn`t just point to the US and say ' You`re to blame ! ' . I said ' we ' .
I couldn`t put the blame on China and Japan either because they agreed to
reduce their gas emissions .

As I see it , the US is the only country that chooses its economy over Earth .
So far , they don`t intend to agree to the current Accord .
The rest of the world is struggling to keep their gas emissions low .
Is it fair for US to just sit there and pollute all they want ?


Agreed and if really want to help don't argue who too blame. This do your part to by picking up trash or less trip in car. This humanity faule as whole and if we want world that going last long for us. We need to change are life style or start building space colony. Now which seem more realistic?

Posted 1/11/08

snow-chibi wrote:It`s too long and I don`t wanna check those . >.< Maybe some other time ...
Anyway , I never said that US should take all the blame .
Canada should be blamed too but how come I didn`t say Canada ? Because
Canada wanted to reduce its gas emissions to help stop global warming .
Still ... shame on us .
Besides , I didn`t just point to the US and say ' You`re to blame ! ' . I said ' we ' .
I couldn`t put the blame on China and Japan either because they agreed to
reduce their gas emissions .

As I see it , the US is the only country that chooses its economy over Earth .
So far , they don`t intend to agree to the current Accord .
The rest of the world is struggling to keep their gas emissions low .
Is it fair for US to just sit there and pollute all they want ?


I can see you didn't do your homework on WHY the US didn't ratify the accord.
And the US -is- a signatory to the accord and protocol .... and has never withdrawn from it.... GW just didn't ratify it.

George W. Bush, has indicated that he does not intend to submit the treaty for ratification, not because he does not support the Kyoto principles, but because of the exemption granted to China (the world's second largest emitter of carbon dioxide).
http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/cabs/China/Background.html

Not only that but 2 other countries are expecting the US and Canada to come up with the technology to make the Accord work....... and they aren't doing anything on their own. The countries are India and China.

So.... don't give me a lot of noise about the US.

And until you read those other 2 articles..... you'll never know why I am so heartily opposed to Gore and his "chicken little" rhetoric.
(I'll give you a couple of clues: A) his house and he got a Nobel peace prize for lies and bad science)




1028 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 1/11/08
Environment is degrading.

But the one (nation) which screams 'save the planet' the loudest is the culprit.
Just as the one who screams, 'hey, its stank', is probably the one farted.
19719 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / F / Under a bridge, h...
Offline
Posted 1/11/08
The world is getting "dirtier" (thats what my little cousin says) every second . Also many of the countries are destroying earth and global warming is too...
2700 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / East coast of U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 1/11/08

jayzone900 wrote:

Global warming is turning out to affect us quicker than predicted. Here in New Jersey, we had 2 days with winter weather but are experiencing summer like temperatures and heavy rain. in January!!! besides that another problem with our environment is our over abuse of natural resources like fossil fuels and even animals



same here in virginia
welook 
17501 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / havent u noticed...
Offline
Posted 1/11/08
sadly anything we do right now wont give the great effect we hope for. all we can do is slow it down. but it will continue
3536 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / on the computer...
Offline
Posted 1/12/08
This world will eventually die anyways. What we're doing is just making it happen quicker. If people would actually "try" to help out the world, maybe things would be different, but it's just all talk and no action.
2951 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / somewhere in the...
Offline
Posted 1/12/08
well,even if you say you will help,people are too hard headed and your sacrifices will go to waste
580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Melbourne
Offline
Posted 1/12/08
it's sad that the world is dying because of us. i'd like to see people try to be more environmentally friendly. however, i think it's really idealistic to believe that one day humans would be living in a totally enviromentally friendly way, even with research, because there's so much free choice about what we use and how we go about doing things.

also, a lot of the damage is irreversible. so taking this into account, letting the human population die out is the way to go. sounds morbid, but it would be best for the planet and for the future generations that we would be saving (by not bringing them into the world in the first place).
414 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / :D No silly then...
Offline
Posted 1/12/08

passwordgiver wrote:
well,even if you say you will help,people are too hard headed and your sacrifices will go to waste


people like you who do not contribute because they think that a small group can't achieve anything is a waste.

with the right determination even a small group can accomplish the impossible sure we gonna suffer.. But will we give up? maybe...it all start with one person and it end with everyone.

Save the EARTH! Kill HUMANITIES. j/k
Posted 1/12/08
I dont think the government should blame us so much for global warming, I think its something that was destined to happen. I mean look what happened to the dinosaurs...then the planet was reborn as the Ice Age...and then went through many more changes to this day. We cant stop what is happening, but we can slow it down, were too small an army against the force of the planet.

But we are wiping out animals, not the weather changes and stuff. Please help stop poaching, I dont want to see my favourite animal, the tiger, disappear . Or any other animal that is killed for its beauty. Surely they will look even more beautiful walking around free spirits. I despise all who kill for sport.

2700 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / East coast of U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 1/12/08

Rina-San wrote:

I dont think the government should blame us so much for global warming, I think its something that was destined to happen. I mean look what happened to the dinosaurs...then the planet was reborn as the Ice Age...and then went through many more changes to this day. We cant stop what is happening, but we can slow it down, were too small an army against the force of the planet.

But we are wiping out animals, not the weather changes and stuff. Please help stop poaching, I dont want to see my favourite animal, the tiger, disappear . Or any other animal that is killed for its beauty. Surely they will look even more beautiful walking around free spirits. I despise all who kill for sport.




yea, all the animals are dying. im gonna study to be a wildlife biologist to help save them! yay!

Posted 1/12/08
Yeeeey I'm in 100%!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.