First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
TOKYO BANS ANIME AND MANGA
1155 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / do you really wan...
Offline
Posted 12/14/10
I heard of this last night from a buddy in a chat. She just forgot to give me the link. I think it's stupid.
46492 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Montreal, Canada
Offline
Posted 12/14/10
I'm willing to bet that if this happens the gouvernement will be taken care of on the next elections and probably have things set back to normal by the runner up.
17935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / in front of my co...
Offline
Posted 12/14/10

SactoMan201 wrote:

I think this bill will be end up being overturned in the Japanese courts--mostly because the Japanese national government opposes this bill on the grounds it could devastate both the anime and manga industry simultaneously. Don't be surprised if the major Japanese publishers and animation production companies sue the Tokyo government, and this could tie up the implementation of the law in Japan for potentially years.


True but right now the publishing companies seem to be afraid of the government only seiyuus and individual publishers and mangakas are standing up against this law right now.
15476 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / United Kingdom of...
Offline
Posted 12/14/10
Maybe they should just slap a 'parent advisory' label on the product and let people make up their own minds

When push comes to shove, when its their livelihood at stake, I think publishers will start to fight back. I'm pretty sure the govt will also receive many fan petitions, I doubt anything will come of it.
55018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Ontario
Offline
Posted 12/14/10

ProudAsianKid wrote:


Ngastolemyname wrote:

Sounds like animes will become the same crap as cartoons of today if this keeps up.


Nah, since what made Anime superior compared to cartoon is becuase Anime using Manga art which is based on Asians facial & body form.

The law only want to get ride of the loli stuff from Anime.


That's not true because they can say that any form of violence is obscene and destructive to youth. This would mean that somthing like Naruto will have to be labeled as 18+.
1581 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Latvia
Offline
Posted 12/14/10
I wouldn't worry that much, if the bill passes, it will be ignored soon after.
The law applies to about 95% of anime ... and I don't think that some of the biggest publishers are gonna take that bullshit seriously.
12940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / nowhere important
Offline
Posted 12/14/10
we are all fuxed, it's not going end.. if this isn't passed, some thing like it will be, different countires eqaul different laws, if we are luck loop hole will be found
Banned
755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / ASIA - Land Of An...
Offline
Posted 12/14/10 , edited 12/14/10

kesstun wrote:


ProudAsianKid wrote:


Ngastolemyname wrote:

Sounds like animes will become the same crap as cartoons of today if this keeps up.


Nah, since what made Anime superior compared to cartoon is becuase Anime using Manga art which is based on Asians facial & body form.

The law only want to get ride of the loli stuff from Anime.


That's not true because they can say that any form of violence is obscene and destructive to youth. This would mean that somthing like Naruto will have to be labeled as 18+.


The violence, gore, etc part can be nullfied by the genre of Anime [ +17, adult only, etc ] but not with the loli stuff in Anime where no genre can justify it, atleast not for the anti-pedo movement in the west.

I don't believe the law is purely made by Japanese law maker own initiatives but because of the pressure from western anti-pedo activist who must be blaming Japanese Anime with the increase of pedophilia in the west.
4416 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / I'm from Toronto,...
Offline
Posted 12/14/10
You can't really blame them for doing this..
Some kids take what is depicted in anime(some not all) way to seriously..
Kids can't really separate the fictional content from reality.
My guess is though...That they're trying to cut out the amount of sexuality that is portrayed in some anime aimed at youth and I'm honestly with them on at least that. Like I said, kids take it seriously.
I don't expect many people understand where they're coming from or where I'm at least coming from.
Posted 12/14/10

LemonyPanda wrote:

sounds like they're only banning hentai


no not really it also covers showing violence and killing which "naruto and bleach" have, heroism with thieves and criminals "one piece", Showing any "kids" In high school settings or uniforms k-on, lesbians or gays well i could go but you should get the point. Also I want to point out the guy that is a big supporter of this law is novelist who has written novels about woman being raped.
Posted 12/14/10

cc_DarkSorrow wrote:

You can't really blame them for doing this..
Some kids take what is depicted in anime(some not all) way to seriously..
Kids can't really separate the fictional content from reality.
My guess is though...That they're trying to cut out the amount of sexuality that is portrayed in some anime aimed at youth and I'm honestly with them on at least that. Like I said, kids take it seriously.
I don't expect many people understand where they're coming from or where I'm at least coming from.


with a declining birth rate and dying/aging population this should be a good thing. Oh wait it's not, if japan doesn't shape up soon there will be nothing but middle age people left with no kids nor the ability to have kids thus killing off there population in 4-6 generations. Besides most adult content anime is aimed at well adults, panty shots and boobs are not the end of the world since most of those shows air at 11pm-3am to begin with. All this is just simple governmental control of what people can not do pure and simple. IF you have kids and you don't want them to watch something tell them why and don't let them watch it hell that worked me growing up, it's more of parental problem anyways.
Posted 12/14/10

ProudAsianKid wrote:


kesstun wrote:


ProudAsianKid wrote:


Ngastolemyname wrote:

Sounds like animes will become the same crap as cartoons of today if this keeps up.


Nah, since what made Anime superior compared to cartoon is becuase Anime using Manga art which is based on Asians facial & body form.

The law only want to get ride of the loli stuff from Anime.


That's not true because they can say that any form of violence is obscene and destructive to youth. This would mean that somthing like Naruto will have to be labeled as 18+.


The violence, gore, etc part can be nullfied by the genre of Anime [ +17, adult only, etc ] but not with the loli stuff in Anime where no genre can justify it, atleast not for the anti-pedo movement in the west.

I don't believe the law is purely made by Japanese law maker own initiatives but because of the pressure from western anti-pedo activist who must be blaming Japanese Anime with the increase of pedophilia in the west.


this is why i hate moral fags and Christians.
46492 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Montreal, Canada
Offline
Posted 12/14/10
I mean I personally don't watch ecchi stuff simply because lil girls in panties and stuff like that is none of my interest, but this is targeting much more than that, its generealizing the anime world itself as its been known for years. Not many good animes has been coming out lately and ecchi's seems to be quite popular and taking over which may be why this is happening, opening tv and what you see is a 10 years old girl in short skirts that blushes and wind flowing through and camera zoomed in, seems like the term "Moe" has become an issue for the parent's eyes of today... Who knows.

Anyways, to make things short, I think this is exagerating in some sort.
Posted 12/14/10

Ngastolemyname wrote:

I mean I personally don't watch ecchi stuff simply because lil girls in panties and stuff like that is none of my interest, but this is targeting much more than that, its generealizing the anime world itself as its been known for years. Not many good animes has been coming out lately and ecchi's seems to be quite popular and taking over which may be why this is happening, opening tv and what you see is a 10 years old girl in short skirts that blushes and wind flowing through and camera zoomed in, seems like the term "Moe" has become an issue for the parent's eyes of today... Who knows.

Anyways, to make things short, I think this is exagerating in some sort.


wait wat? your referring to shows like shugo chara or magical girl shows. Shows like to love ru or love hina the girls are older and do have decent bodies after all. the only show that comes to mind in your post was moetan which even I hated for the soul fact that it was just re-tarted. Something being perverted can be tied to something simple like the classic tenchi muyo or even evangelion of you take it that way. But hey we all have our opinions on things.
4416 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / I'm from Toronto,...
Offline
Posted 12/14/10

PaladianCecil213 wrote:


cc_DarkSorrow wrote:

You can't really blame them for doing this..
Some kids take what is depicted in anime(some not all) way to seriously..
Kids can't really separate the fictional content from reality.
My guess is though...That they're trying to cut out the amount of sexuality that is portrayed in some anime aimed at youth and I'm honestly with them on at least that. Like I said, kids take it seriously.
I don't expect many people understand where they're coming from or where I'm at least coming from.


with a declining birth rate and dying/aging population this should be a good thing. Oh wait it's not, if japan doesn't shape up soon there will be nothing but middle age people left with no kids nor the ability to have kids thus killing off there population in 4-6 generations. Besides most adult content anime is aimed at well adults, panty shots and boobs are not the end of the world since most of those shows air at 11pm-3am to begin with. All this is just simple governmental control of what people can not do pure and simple. IF you have kids and you don't want them to watch something tell them why and don't let them watch it hell that worked me growing up, it's more of parental problem anyways.


Yeah, I agree with you on that..
But parents these days, don't seem to do their job very well or their kids come up with the excuse that "Times have changed". Then the government is used as a scapegoat. I guess someone has to pick up the slack.
Not to mention other ways of getting your hands on anime. Television isn't the only source.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.