First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Japanese [ at least the Otaku one ] hate western cosplayers
Posted 12/19/10

Rina-San wrote:

What a load of shit.

Haven't you heard of Becki Cruel? The British otaku girl that made it HUGE in Japan and is now an idol out there? They certainly don't hate her.

This guy is SO weird -__-


were north west were not Weston lol but true mined u they grab her because she cute and can dance because 30 year old men like that thing lol
Posted 12/19/10
Nobody cares. People here are still going to be cosplaying.

Mods, you fail at giving this guy a ban sentence.
25918 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / There
Offline
Posted 12/19/10
Live and let live...and if you can't, what the fuck can you do about it-- if a 300 lb, middle-aged man with a healthy coat of fur on his chest and belly wants to cosplay as sailor moon you can't do anything about it-- so why waste your breath complaining when you could be doing something more constructive with your time
3968 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / In your sushi...O.o
Offline
Posted 12/19/10 , edited 12/19/10
Anybody can pull off a cosplay, anybody can completely wreck a cosplay. I've seen my share of amazing and terrible cosplays from both westerners and Asians. And anime characters DO NOT have the body shape of asian people, ESPECIALLY not the guys, you find me one asian guy with the Physique of say Dante of Devil May Cry and I will be very shocked. Truth of the matter is (still going on the Dante example) most asians are not that tall if you're gonna be that nitpicky, and very few are particularly muscular. The majority of anime characters (excluding Hetalia cuz that's their purpose) are not meant too look like any particular race. The only real reason westerners get a worse rap at cosplay is 1. Its MUCH MUCH MUCH harder to find here and 2. There are far less professional western cosplayers, most of the good asian cosplays I see are by professionals.

So ProudAsianKid, obviously a large majority of this site disagrees with you and dislikes you. So if you'd be so kind, go preach your racist ideals to someone who cares.
Posted 12/19/10

vnkid wrote:

Live and let live...and if you can't, what the fuck can you do about it-- if a 300 lb, middle-aged man with a healthy coat of fur on his chest and belly wants to cosplay as sailor moon you can't do anything about it-- so why waste your breath complaining when you could be doing something more constructive with your time


Oh man there's a guy up here in Canada that's made himself famous cosplaying as sailor moon every year. They say you can't look at him straight on--only with your peripheral vision--otherwise he burns his image into your retinas, much like a solar eclipse.

Anyway, on the subject of no one wanting to be on subject...it's likely because many of us living in North America really don't give a shit what other countries think of us. Anyway, as someone with a classically Anglo-Saxon facial structure who stands more that 5' tall, I feel like I am entitled to wear my Bayonetta cosplay and still feel like I am the cat's pajamas, whether some Japanese otaku approves or not. Sooooo....deal with it, I guess.
11277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Iloilo City, PH
Offline
Posted 12/19/10

MR_Leach wrote:


vnkid wrote:

Live and let live...and if you can't, what the fuck can you do about it-- if a 300 lb, middle-aged man with a healthy coat of fur on his chest and belly wants to cosplay as sailor moon you can't do anything about it-- so why waste your breath complaining when you could be doing something more constructive with your time


Oh man there's a guy up here in Canada that's made himself famous cosplaying as sailor moon every year. They say you can't look at him straight on--only with your peripheral vision--otherwise he burns his image into your retinas, much like a solar eclipse.

Anyway, on the subject of no one wanting to be on subject...it's likely because many of us living in North America really don't give a shit what other countries think of us. Anyway, as someone with a classically Anglo-Saxon facial structure who stands more that 5' tall, I feel like I am entitled to wear my Bayonetta cosplay and still feel like I am the cat's pajamas, whether some Japanese otaku approves or not. Sooooo....deal with it, I guess.


you mean this guy?



32529 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / a town near u
Offline
Posted 12/19/10 , edited 12/19/10
why yes most american cosplayers suck but for the ones who take the time to do it right usually looks nice and if its because they envision the characters to be japanese then...what if I(black person mind you)was to cosplay as say bee from naruto would they still have their disgust just asking. also if they feel this way about cosplayers how about these shitty movies i would have bigger problem with that honestly.
Posted 12/19/10

manzi wrote:

you mean this guy?





YOU JUST MADE MY DAY. XD
32529 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / a town near u
Offline
Posted 12/19/10

MR_Leach wrote:


manzi wrote:

you mean this guy?





YOU JUST MADE MY DAY. XD


now aint that sexy
32529 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / a town near u
Offline
Posted 12/19/10
why this slipped my mind i dont know but most of these anime characters aint japanese (let me finish)...why? bust size. just saying that is all
4295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Youtube!
Offline
Posted 12/19/10

DawnAndAshForever wrote:


Sunnyxx wrote:

Aren't you supposed to be banned or something?


Yesterday was his last day


There goes my vacation.
25918 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / There
Offline
Posted 12/19/10 , edited 12/19/10
And, you know, I don't think it matters what race you are if you're cosplaying Danboard



dinklansky wrote:

why this slipped my mind i dont know but most of these anime characters aint japanese (let me finish)...why? bust size. just saying that is all



Actually....

Today, the average Japanese woman's hips, at 35 inches, are around an inch wider than those of women a generation older. Women in their 20s wear a bra at least two sizes larger than that of their mothers, according to Wacoal. Waist size, meanwhile, has gotten slightly smaller, accentuating many young women's curves.

The average 20-year-old is also nearly three inches taller than she was in 1950, according to government statistics, and the average foot has grown by nearly a quarter of an inch.

The physical changes are largely the result of an increasingly Westernized diet, say nutritionists. Meals that used to consist of mostly fish, vegetables and tofu now lean heavily toward an American-style menu of red meat, dairy and indulgences such as Krispy Kreme doughnuts and Cold Stone Creamery ice cream.

All this extra protein and calcium has led to longer, stronger and fuller bodies. Shinichi Tashiro, an endocrinology professor at Showa Pharmaceutical University, says the intake of extra fat tends to go to either breasts or hips in adolescent girls.

Sourced from http://forum.rekordsrekords.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=42240
Posted 12/19/10
Westerners ain't serious enough.
Posted 12/19/10
a lot of Japanese people hate Americans, not just cos playing people
4295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Youtube!
Offline
Posted 12/19/10

rotisserie wrote:

so.. how is everyone's day going?



Not too bad. I have nearly 2 feet of snow to play outside in.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.