First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
The reason for the "big" size of Anime characters eyes
Banned
755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / ASIA - Land Of An...
Offline
Posted 12/20/10

AsuraCryin wrote:


ProudAsianKid wrote:


AsuraCryin wrote:

Anime characters usually have big eyes to express emotions easier. It was base off western art styles and became popular in Japan.

Thank you, Wikipedia.


So you are saying small sized Anime characters yes are harder to show emotion than the "big" one? Nah, what you said are baseless.

And if Anime characters "big" eye sizes base on western art styles than how come western cosplayers fail in cosplaying Anime characters?

Not to mention, western cartoon eye size are not the same shape and size of Anime characters eye size, we have more westerners trying to take credit from Anime since westerners can't make any Anime while love Anime so much more than their own cartoon.


No, I'm not implying that. I'm saying it seems easier to express emotions with large eyes.

Cosplaying does not have to do with anime eyes... Cosplaying is wearing costumes to resemble/represent characters. Large eyes have nothing to do with cosplaying.

There are plenty of western cartoons that have large eyes featured. Mickey Mouse, Bambi, Betty Boop are some examples.

I don't understand what you mean by westerns trying to take credit from Animes. Obviously westerners can not make anime because anime is Animation from Japan.


As I have said you are saying baseless things since Anime charaters with normal and "big" eye sizes can heve the same amount of emotions and can show it easily.

Cosplaying have something to do with the eyes which in Anime case, almond shaped eyes are need to make a succesful Cosplay.

All the western countries you mentioned not have the same shape and sizes eyes as Anime characters eyes.

You said Anime characters eyes based on western styles while in reality it is not, so what you are doing as the same as trying to credit from Anime. About westerners who can't make Anime is really because westerners can't make animation with the same art [ Manga art ] style, not because the deference of animation brand, this is proven by how many western animation this day are using Asian animators to make an Anime like animation for the western animation market, for example Iron Man, Halo, Transfomers, etc.

Posted 12/20/10 , edited 12/20/10

Why would almond shaped eyes be needed to make it successful?
Almond eyes make the eyes appear smaller, a contrast to the large eyes in anime.
Banned
755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / ASIA - Land Of An...
Offline
Posted 12/20/10 , edited 12/20/10


Almond shaped eyes is what Anime characters eye shapes are, did you see the cute Asian girl in my avatar? She is an evidence.
Posted 12/20/10 , edited 12/20/10

Anyone can wear eye contacts.
Also, I think she has double eyelids from the way her lashes are facing.
11277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Iloilo City, PH
Offline
Posted 12/20/10

GheyDeer wrote:

Anyone can wear eye contacts.
Also, I think she has double eyelids from the way her lashes are facing.


don't forget photoshop..

Banned
755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / ASIA - Land Of An...
Offline
Posted 12/20/10 , edited 12/20/10
she has double eyelids from the way her lashes are facing.


That is exactly the kind of thing jealous peoples will say, mwahahaha

I mean "anyone else can do this" , "anyone else can also do that" but TOO BAD that they don't want to say too bad that I can't.
Posted 12/20/10 , edited 12/20/10


Too bad, I can do it too.
Banned
755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / ASIA - Land Of An...
Offline
Posted 12/20/10 , edited 12/20/10


Action speak louder than words, too bad.
Posted 12/20/10 , edited 12/20/10


Then why not take your crusade out to the public, with marches and protests, instead of making these threads?
Posted 12/20/10


Ok, fine, eye size doesn't matter then.

So eye size matters in cosplay...? What...? Then I'll say this, Asian cosplayers fail at cosplaying as Foreign Characters, they also fail at cosplaying because their eye size does not match the characters they cosplay as. COSPLAYING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW YOU LOOK. AS LONG AS THEY REPRESENT THE CHARACTER IN ANY WAY (WITH COSTUMES), IT'S COSPLAYING.

I did not mention any western countries. You said eye size does not matter in perceiving emotions, why should it matter what size Amercian animation eyes has compared to Anime eyes? It doesn't.

The eyes ARE base off early American cartoons.

"Many anime and manga characters feature large eyes. Osamu Tezuka, who is believed to have been the first to use this technique, was inspired by the exaggerated features of American cartoon characters such as Betty Boop, Mickey Mouse, and Disney's Bambi."

Anime is animation made by the Japanese. Anime is a slang term for animation, and it usually refers to Japanese Animation.

No. Westerners CAN make the same animation as Asian animaters. They simply CHOOSE NOT to. Animation has many styles. Large eyes is just one of those styles.
Posted 12/20/10

Sunnyxx wrote:


mystic17 wrote:

You should definitely come to Deviantart.com We need more trolls like you there.
What makes it better, that there's people who think the same way as you, so you'll feel right at home.


Wrong.
Trolls do not think, they act on primal impulses.


True, very true. I forgot
Posted 12/20/10
I heard somewhere that in the beginning mangaka's drew the eyes bigger because they thought the western world wouldn't like the "small eye" design.But that's just a theory
Banned
755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / ASIA - Land Of An...
Offline
Posted 12/20/10 , edited 12/20/10

AsuraCryin wrote:



Ok, fine, eye size doesn't matter then.

So eye size matters in cosplay...? What...? Then I'll say this, Asian cosplayers fail at cosplaying as Foreign Characters, they also fail at cosplaying because their eye size does not match the characters they cosplay as. COSPLAYING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW YOU LOOK. AS LONG AS THEY REPRESENT THE CHARACTER IN ANY WAY (WITH COSTUMES), IT'S COSPLAYING.

I did not mention any western countries. You said eye size does not matter in perceiving emotions, why should it matter what size Amercian animation eyes has compared to Anime eyes? It doesn't.

The eyes ARE base off early American cartoons.

"Many anime and manga characters feature large eyes. Osamu Tezuka, who is believed to have been the first to use this technique, was inspired by the exaggerated features of American cartoon characters such as Betty Boop, Mickey Mouse, and Disney's Bambi."

Anime is animation made by the Japanese. Anime is a slang term for animation, and it usually refers to Japanese Animation.

No. Westerners CAN make the same animation as Asian animaters. They simply CHOOSE NOT to. Animation has many styles. Large eyes is just one of those styles.


Anime eye shape, not the eye sizes. If Asian cosplayers are fail then why it is Asian cosplayers that are featured in almost all Cosplay, blogs, videos, topics, etc? You say another baseless thing or what can be said lies.

If Anime really based on cartoon, where is the evidence of it in Anime? You need evidence in real lives to prove what you said.

If westerners really can make Anime why not even 1 Anime to this day or animation with the same art style as Anime that are made by westerners? You said it is because westerners simply choose not to do it but why do they hire Asian animators to make it for them? What simple is westerners can't comprehent Manga art as the reason they can't make Anime and have to hire Asian animators to make it for their market.
Posted 12/20/10
The amount of hypocrisy in this thread is pathetic.
Banned
755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / ASIA - Land Of An...
Offline
Posted 12/20/10 , edited 12/20/10
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.