First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Oversexualization of female characters
8502 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / California
Offline
Posted 12/29/10 , edited 12/29/10

squirrel3d wrote:


Rezzy64 wrote:


squirrel3d wrote:

You know something...it's both the entertainment industry and society that is behind this oversexualiaztion of females period.

How often do you see smut coming out of hollywood, and the society apes it's way of thinking? And then whatever society invents, hollywood catches wind of it, runs with it, and makes millions off it?

It's a damn cycle here, and it's not just the overexposed sexuality of women here...it's alot of other things that I'm sick of that I will get into for another thread. (and most likely have people calling me every name under the sun)

The way I see it is this....whatever goes on in japan, should stay the fuck in japan. It should not come over here and infests itself into our way of life as if it's supposed to be normal. Am I against sex...no. In fact I'm a sexual libertarian, as long as what you do with your sexuality stays behind closed doors and should NEVER involve children. With that said, the sexuality needs to be toned down in what we watch from hollywood or in movies, even in japan. We weren't born to be in heat 24/7, and the moment you start lowering that age bracket down beyond 18 (which is exactly what hollywood has been doing for years now) is where I have a huge problem. I'm sorry, but as an adult, you are a fucking perverted pedophile if you think a 17 year old or younger girl in real life is "hawt".

But I don't have such a problem with such a mature looking underage girl in an anime because she's not real. (see the way I fantisize over Mikuru Asahina) That doesn't mean you parents out there should let your daughter look like such a girl, unless you want a rape-like bullseye painted on her back.

Rezzy, if you don't think the media brainwashes us, then you need to take another look at our american media and the way the average person acts these days my friend. I dunno about the anime industry telling us what is popular, but I know some of the genres of entertainment here in america is forcing down our throats what should be the norm (such as stupidty and a lack of common sense), what is supposly irrelevant, how females and males should talk, wear, and act like to be "accepted", while never progressing ones self individuality (especally in the minority community such as me among blacks). But at the same time, you also point out that society does the same.

It's both, rezzy. And I also agree with the points that nerdsonfire1 said as well.

Hey I can get into what both the entertainment industry and society has done to not just females but to people period, but that's for another topic. My solution is that if enough people stop watching or paying money for this stuff...then the industry and society will change to reflect it. But unfortunately, there's too many sheeple outnumbering folks like us to make that difference.

I'm sure this issue is going on in other parts of the world...but I focused mostly on the USA.



Man, I really do not want to call names in all of this. Which makes my response back to your post a lot harder.
All I can say right now, is that Society can only be convinced by media and industry because they let themselves fall for it. Media and industry does not make money for brainwashing, they make money from selling a product. If their commercials and productivity have convinced society into buying something than that is a success. It's not the industries fault that society WANTS their product. Whether it is through persuasion of advertisements, or through pop culture, they are simply looking for the vantage point to make the money. It's not a scandal, it's not trickery, it's not robbery, it's a legitimate business transaction. People that fall for simple media tricks are proving that they are just simple people. They would rather have society tell them what is good for them instead of assessing what is good for them on their own.
I stand by what I say. The problem is Society, not Industry. This has been true throughout time, and will never change unless direct oppression occurs. Which it often does simply because a few people think that something is wrong with how this works.



So in other words, it's ok for the industry/media/hollywood to produce a song for example about having "hos" in different area codes? You don't think some child listening to that won't ape the message that comes from that? It's okay for them to force down your throat their one-sided jaded perverse viewpoint of what is accepted and what isn't?

Yeah...it's all society's fault but it's ok for the industry to do it too. When was the last time you watched the mainstream news media? If you don't think that has a hand in all this, then I can no longer have a discussion with you.


This is ridiculous, An Artist that creates a song is influenced by his experience in society. He figures out what Society would like to listen to and creates a song that applies to that taste. It sells well. Society ate the crap up and Industry made a profit. How was this a corrupt transaction on Industry's part?


JenLawliet wrote: Men probably are more "turned on" then women, primarily because we exist in a patriarchal society which devalues women as mere objects for the male gaze. That doesn't mean women do not want sex, nor that we require persuasion in the form of horny men. It has nothing to do with biology or evolution.


That's crap, Read some history books once in a while. Men and Women don't change just because society is slightly different. Men and Women have been the same in sexual urges for many generations. Men are horny and women are indifferent and sometimes horny.
Posted 12/29/10
You know Rezzy, you act as if you are an authority on every topic imaginable. Must be nice to have such a superiority complex huh?
3238 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 12/29/10 , edited 12/29/10

Rezzy64 wrote:
This is ridiculous, An Artist that creates a song is influenced by his experience in society. He figures out what Society would like to listen to and creates a song that applies to that taste. It sells well. Society ate the crap up and Industry made a profit. How was this a corrupt transaction on Industry's part?


Because you see alot of guys (especally black ones) treat women like they are objects...and this stuff more often than not come from garbage like so-called rap music. But hey, according to you....we gotta accept it anyway as the norm and if someone like me doesn't, then I'm "irrelevant" (and no longer black) and does not matter to society anymore.

If you can't see that the industry comes up with even half of this shit themselves, then you clearly don't see both sides of the issue.

8502 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / California
Offline
Posted 12/29/10 , edited 12/29/10

nerdsonfire1 wrote:

You know Rezzy, you act as if you are an authority on every topic imaginable. Must be nice to have such a superiority complex huh? ;)


Congratulations, you have called out names, thus you have lost the argument.


squirrel3d wrote: Because you see alot of guys (especally black ones) treat women like they are objects...and this stuff more often than not come from garbage like so-called rap music. But hey, according to you....we gotta accept it anyway as the norm and if someone like me doesn't, then I'm "irrelevant" (and no longer black) and does not matter to society anymore.

If you can't see that the industry comes up with even half of this shit themselves, then you clearly don't see both sides of the issue.


LOL

Not once did I ever say that you should just accept whatever industry puts out. It's Societies choice to buy it. Society creates it, Industry is simply a middle man that sells it as a product. Industry itself is not a persona.

15476 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / United Kingdom of...
Offline
Posted 12/29/10
There is a wealth of psychological literature that indicates that human beings are a produce of nature (genetics) and nurture (environment). The society we grow up in can influence who we are.


Men and Women don't change just because society is slightly different.


A mere hundred years ago women were regarded as second class citizens. They were expected to marry and produce sons, society changed and so have women. Such a basic example one might find in any history book.


Men are horny and women are indifferent and sometimes horny.


Society hasn't changed that much, sexism still exists.




Posted 12/29/10

Rezzy64 wrote:


nerdsonfire1 wrote:

You know Rezzy, you act as if you are an authority on every topic imaginable. Must be nice to have such a superiority complex huh? ;)


Congratulations, you have called out names, thus you have lost the argument.


No I haven't You even say in your profile that you are egocentric and therefore I am just stating a fact
15476 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / United Kingdom of...
Offline
Posted 12/29/10

nerdsonfire1 wrote:

You know Rezzy, you act as if you are an authority on every topic imaginable. Must be nice to have such a superiority complex huh? ;)


And he's only 19!
He must be some sort of super genius

Posted 12/29/10
Hey, Rezzy, just letting you know, you've been posting some fucking crazy misogyny that doesn't make any sense.

That you think "men are more turned on than women" and "women need to be convinced" to have sex shows that you know nothing about sex. You are wrong. Objectively wrong. Women are not some magical and mysterious creature, and they aren't as different as you suggest. And society definitely has a hand in the objectification of women, but I disagree with your opinion that the industry isn't blameless for perpetuating it.

You have an opinion on the state of things. In some posts, you've expressed them intelligently. That's great. You can go back to that, or you can get out.
3238 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 12/29/10

Rezzy64 wrote:

LOL
Not once did I ever say that you should just accept whatever industry puts out. It's Societies choice to buy it. Society creates it, Industry is simply a middle man that sells it as a product. Industry itself is not a persona.


And does it not tell every young boy in this case that it's somehow "cool" to treat a girl like a "ho"? The fact that you can't see how the media, hollywood, etc is brainwashing people is amazing. I damn sure don't ever recall once in all the neighborhoods I've lived in all my life where some dude was calling a girl or treating her as a "ho" before that crap was all over different forms of entertainment in america.

You know what....I'm done with you. I've read all your comments, and I can see why you live in a sad ass place like california. I'll let you figure out why I said that. (Maryland is like this too, so whatever you say about my state don't affect me one bit. )

Posted 12/29/10

JenLawliet wrote:


nerdsonfire1 wrote:

You know Rezzy, you act as if you are an authority on every topic imaginable. Must be nice to have such a superiority complex huh? ;)


And he's only 19!
He must be some sort of super genius



:lol: ah grasshopper, you have still have so much to learn.
8502 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / California
Offline
Posted 12/29/10 , edited 12/29/10

nerdsonfire1 wrote:


Rezzy64 wrote:


nerdsonfire1 wrote:

You know Rezzy, you act as if you are an authority on every topic imaginable. Must be nice to have such a superiority complex huh? ;)


Congratulations, you have called out names, thus you have lost the argument.


No I haven't You even say in your profile that you are egocentric and therefore I am just stating a fact


Wow, do you know what Egocentric means, plus you still have lost the argument. You called me a name, you lost.


JenLawliet wrote: And he's only 19!
He must be some sort of super genius


Why thank you I guess.
Posted 12/29/10
Sigh, you've totally derailed this topic. Goodbye, have fun arguing with yourself
8502 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / California
Offline
Posted 12/29/10

Liamdonov wrote:

Hey, Rezzy, just letting you know, you've been posting some fucking crazy misogyny that doesn't make any sense.

That you think "men are more turned on than women" and "women need to be convinced" to have sex shows that you know nothing about sex. You are wrong. Objectively wrong. Women are not some magical and mysterious creature, and they aren't as different as you suggest. And society definitely has a hand in the objectification of women, but I disagree with your opinion that the industry isn't blameless for perpetuating it.

You have an opinion on the state of things. In some posts, you've expressed them intelligently. That's great. You can go back to that, or you can get out.


Industry is a middleman, not a persona. It can't be blamed for societies stupidity.
15476 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / United Kingdom of...
Offline
Posted 12/29/10

Rezzy64 wrote:


JenLawliet wrote:


nerdsonfire1 wrote:

You know Rezzy, you act as if you are an authority on every topic imaginable. Must be nice to have such a superiority complex huh? ;)


And he's only 19!
He must be some sort of super genius



Why thank you I guess.


Dude. Sarcasm. Seriously. This is dumb and so are you.
I'm out.
Posted 12/29/10

Rezzy64
Wow, do you know what Egocentric means, plus you still have lost the argument. You called me a name, you lost.


Hilarious, you think someone automatically loses because they insulted you. You've pretty much not made any intelligent point for the past two pages, you've just been going back and forth between "I'm better than you" and "bitches and whores!!!" Get the fuck out.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.