Crunchyroll Videos Not Playing
85263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Louisville, KY
Offline
Posted 12/30/10
Okay, this is me being calm. I have been sending emails back and forth to support asking for a fix to this problem. This is obviously something their site is not connecting properly to my computer or something since hulu and youtube work PERFECTLY even if I am running World of Warcraft in the background. This site, however, won't even play a video with NOTHING running in the background. I don't understand. I changed my DNS like support said that did work for like 2 episodes then it didn't work anymore. Now support tells me "Sorry for the problems you are having we will monitor this and try to resolve this for you." That was the last contact I have had with them. Support told me I am allowed to create a thread here to discuss with other frustrated CR paid members in hopes to getting some sort of resolve to this problem. If this is my problem (I don't see how it could be since I can run World of Warcraft, hulu AND youtube at the same time) but not CR at ALL. This has been an issue for almost 2 months now. I been using hulu and youtube for my anime sources because CR refuses to work. Can someone help me at all? I like CR when it works but when it doesn't all it becomes is a source of annoyance. Thanks for your time.
29 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Rainbow Fairy Garden
Offline
Posted 12/30/10
I am having a similar problem. I've tried the DNS thing and that didn't work. I cannot watch any videos on this website PERIOD. I have tried, and tried, and tried all to no avail. Youtube and Hulu also work fine for me so I am wondering if the site is just having issues again.
85263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Louisville, KY
Offline
Posted 12/30/10 , edited 12/30/10

angelic_warrior wrote:

I am having a similar problem. I've tried the DNS thing and that didn't work. I cannot watch any videos on this website PERIOD. I have tried, and tried, and tried all to no avail. Youtube and Hulu also work fine for me so I am wondering if the site is just having issues again.


I think I fixed it myself. Try updating your video card drivers. It works at the moment with no freezes. I think that flash player is to blame. If you have an nVIDIA card visit: http://www.nvidia.com

I'll post again in a few days to confirm if this is a fix or if it is just a temporary paradise.

Edit: Nevermind this does not matter the issue is still there. Again, 2 episodes worked and now it's broken again.
29 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Rainbow Fairy Garden
Offline
Posted 12/30/10

Khaltazar wrote:


angelic_warrior wrote:

I am having a similar problem. I've tried the DNS thing and that didn't work. I cannot watch any videos on this website PERIOD. I have tried, and tried, and tried all to no avail. Youtube and Hulu also work fine for me so I am wondering if the site is just having issues again.


I think I fixed it myself. Try updating your video card drivers. It works at the moment with no freezes. I think that flash player is to blame. If you have an nVIDIA card visit: http://www.nvidia.com

I'll post again in a few days to confirm if this is a fix or if it is just a temporary paradise.

Edit: Nevermind this does not matter the issue is still there. Again, 2 episodes worked and now it's broken again.


I am still having issues. I am going through a proxy server and I am not sure whether or not this is the problem. However, without the proxy, the site is inaccessible. I am kind of stuck...again, this is the only website I frequent that is not working.
85263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Louisville, KY
Offline
Posted 12/30/10

angelic_warrior wrote:


Khaltazar wrote:


angelic_warrior wrote:

I am having a similar problem. I've tried the DNS thing and that didn't work. I cannot watch any videos on this website PERIOD. I have tried, and tried, and tried all to no avail. Youtube and Hulu also work fine for me so I am wondering if the site is just having issues again.


I think I fixed it myself. Try updating your video card drivers. It works at the moment with no freezes. I think that flash player is to blame. If you have an nVIDIA card visit: http://www.nvidia.com

I'll post again in a few days to confirm if this is a fix or if it is just a temporary paradise.

Edit: Nevermind this does not matter the issue is still there. Again, 2 episodes worked and now it's broken again.


I am still having issues. I am going through a proxy server and I am not sure whether or not this is the problem. However, without the proxy, the site is inaccessible. I am kind of stuck...again, this is the only website I frequent that is not working.


Support told me to switch my streaming server to one in North Carolina which is closer to me. I switched to that server and I will report in a bit how that works. So far videos are still 80% of the time refusing to play but when they do they work.
68562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 12/31/10
I have the same problem. It is extremely annoying sending all these messages and not getting any response at all. Horrible PR, if they even have one.


Problem: Video is not loading. When it actually loads, it lags. I have upgraded every possible software needed to run the video. Sites like Hulu and Youtube streams perfectly fine. I've tried different browsers, no good.
jsc315 
28930 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / IL
Offline
Posted 12/31/10 , edited 12/31/10
Funny thing is I have never had a single issue with CR but HULU full screen the frame rate issue is just annoying and makes shows unwatchable. Youtube in 720p tend to make my PC really slow but here at CR 720P or any video for that matter seems to work flawless.

My point is it may not be CR that is to blame here at least not 100% There are a lot of factors that can go wrong that it may not be CR at all for all we know.

Also if you want help and complain and expecting help is just not going to happen. when you really dont give any info on what could possible be wrong. Saying the site dont work or video isnt loading is so general it can be a dozen of problems that no one really knows since they are not you and they dont know what you are using.

First please list what kind of computer your using win/mac and what version. What browser are you using? What version is that. Do you have the newest version of flash? What are your computers specs. Firefox with ad block can easily hinder video sites a lot since a huge part of income is ads.

I'm not trying to be mean here but when you ask for tech help and you dont give any info what you are using it makes it very hard for anyone to really help with the problem at hand. I'm not saying it's your fault but CR works fine for a lot of people. There seems to be a select few that seem to have a problem with the site. If the site worked for no one then I think there would be a much bigger issue then.
85263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Louisville, KY
Offline
Posted 12/31/10

jsc315 wrote:

Funny thing is I have never had a single issue with CR but HULU full screen the frame rate issue is just annoying and makes shows unwatchable. Youtube in 720p tend to make my PC really slow but here at CR 720P or any video for that matter seems to work flawless.

My point is it may not be CR that is to blame here at least not 100% There are a lot of factors that can go wrong that it may not be CR at all for all we know.

Also if you want help and complain and expecting help is just not going to happen. when you really dont give any info on what could possible be wrong. Saying the site dont work or video isnt loading is so general it can be a dozen of problems that no one really knows since they are not you and they dont know what you are using.

First please list what kind of computer your using win/mac and what version. What browser are you using? What version is that. Do you have the newest version of flash? What are your computers specs. Firefox with ad block can easily hinder video sites a lot since a huge part of income is ads.

I'm not trying to be mean here but when you ask for tech help and you dont give any info what you are using it makes it very hard for anyone to really help with the problem at hand. I'm not saying it's your fault but CR works fine for a lot of people. There seems to be a select few that seem to have a problem with the site. If the site worked for no one then I think there would be a much bigger issue then.


The reason we are complaining is because most of us only started having these issues when they converted their streaming site to a different provider. It worked SO amazing before that. I was able to load up to 3 720p videos at the same time and up to 10 SD quality videos with no problem. Now I'm lucky to get a 480 or 720p video to run.
24010 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 12/31/10
I also can't get a movie to start playing anymore. Everything worked fine months ago; you clicked a movie, it started playing. I'm ready to cancel my membership, and I suggest that everyone else do the same. There is no point in paying for something that doesn't work.
25032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 1/1/11
Will CR offer refunds to people who continue to have this problem?
Ronin
94039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / California
Offline
Posted 1/3/11
Read the first post in the following thread and post the necessary information there for us to look at.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-627053/help-with-video-playback-problems

Locked
You must be logged in to post.