First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Winter 2011 Lineup: Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas and Mitsudomoe 2
Posted 1/5/11
WOO! Mitsudomoe! I'm all over that.
3400 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / California Girl ;D
Offline
Posted 1/5/11
MITSUDOMOE 2!!
63504 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
101 / M / San Francisco, Ca...
Offline
Posted 1/5/11
Oooo...saint seiya!
51290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 1/5/11
I hope they Do!!! Awesome...
46229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / The Garden of Ama...
Offline
Posted 1/5/11
Would like to watch Saint Seiya, but I'd rather watch all the series first.

The first season of Mitsudomoe was fail, won't be watching the second.

Can't wait for more announcements tomorrow.

Urahara Out!!
47008 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / Mexico
Offline
Posted 1/5/11 , edited 1/5/11
What incredible news!! However, my region is not there :(. Well, I do understand why Saint Seiya is not available. There is a company that owns the rights in Mexico. Not sure South America.
67854 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Northeast Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 1/5/11 , edited 1/5/11

reaper_g wrote: It's being simulcast in France?

Isn't Singapore the biggest English market.
In income (as opposed to volume) terms? I don't think so, that's more for manga.


darkpollo wrote:

What incredible news!! However, my region is not there :(. Well, I do understand why Saint Seiya is not available. There is a company that owns the rights in Mexico. Not sure South America.
If a company owns the Spanish language rights in Mexico, they likely either own the full Spanish language rights, or else obtained the Mexican rights from the original holder of the Spanish language rights ... as, for example, Funimation typically buys English Language rights then onsells the UK and Australian rights to local distributors when it can.



27896 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / IL
Offline
Posted 1/5/11
So happy for saint seiya! We need some more love for this epic shonen series! I've heard some pretty good things about The Lost Canvas so I'll be sure to check it out now. It seems every few months CR just knows at least one anime I want to see on here and keep me a premium member. Now if they got all of the original Saint Seiya then I would freak!
17961 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/5/11
MISTUDOMOE!!!!!! :DDDDDDD!!!!!!!!
25130 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / F
Offline
Posted 1/5/11
on Saint Seiya

YEAH for Mitsudomoe 2
54230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 1/5/11 , edited 1/5/11

agila61 wrote:

If a company owns the Spanish language rights in Mexico, they likely either own the full Spanish language rights, or else obtained the Mexican rights from the original holder of the Spanish language rights ... as, for example, Funimation typically buys English Language rights then onsells the UK and Australian rights to local distributors when it can.


Nope rights are by country, not language.
They might pay the other licensor to use their dub/ subs* if they don't want to make their own.

FUNi does get multi-country rights for some titles, definatley not everything though.

Manga did some very long tweets about this a while back.

If FUNi have UK or Au rights, the local distro (Manga or Madman) goes to them and discuss possible contract terms. If they look ok FUNi then talk to the Japanese licensor to see wether they're ok with Manga/Madman getting the distro licence. All three parties then get toghter to go over the contracts, Manga/Madman end up paying royalties straight to Japan (not just to FUNi). Assume this is because they're charged per copy sold (with a set minimum overall, payed advance) , so they need to keep all the sales numbers visible.

If FUNi don't have Au/UK rights distro goes straight to Japanese company. They then seperatly license the dub off FUNi.



*not sure if subs are always owned by the Japanese licensee (regardless of who made them), or if they default to them after a time. Dubs are part owned by who made them, due to being creative work, acting, directing etc. involved.
9326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Sesame Street
Offline
Posted 1/5/11
Yes mitsudome
66677 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 1/5/11

reaper_g wrote:


agila61 wrote:

If a company owns the Spanish language rights in Mexico, they likely either own the full Spanish language rights, or else obtained the Mexican rights from the original holder of the Spanish language rights ... as, for example, Funimation typically buys English Language rights then onsells the UK and Australian rights to local distributors when it can.


Nope rights are by country, not language.
They might pay the other licensor to use their dub/ subs* if they don't want to make their own.

FUNi does get multi-country rights for some titles, definatley not everything though.

Manga did some very long tweets about this a while back.

If FUNi have UK or Au rights, the local distro (Manga or Madman) goes to them and discuss possible contract terms. If they look ok FUNi then talk to the Japanese licensor to see wether they're ok with Manga/Madman getting the distro licence. All three parties then get toghter to go over the contracts, Manga/Madman end up paying royalties straight to Japan (not just to FUNi). Assume this is because they're charged per copy sold (with a set minimum overall, payed advance) , so they need to keep all the sales numbers visible.

If FUNi don't have Au/UK rights distro goes straight to Japanese company. They then seperatly license the dub off FUNi.



*not sure if subs are always owned by the Japanese licensee (regardless of who made them), or if they default to them after a time. Dubs are part owned by who made them, due to being creative work, acting, directing etc. involved.


you can always import dvd's and change the region on your computer/desktop to play them bluray is a different matter i do this i have huge import library from japan.
48465 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 1/5/11
how come saint seiya does not have a release date?
72378 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 1/5/11

Assassinx89 wrote:

how come saint seiya does not have a release date?
It does, it's just not mentioned in this thread. 23 Feb 9:30am JST.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.