First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Naruto Anime is Retired?
Posted 1/6/11 , edited 1/6/11
I am so fed up with these fillers now. I liked the arc at first because they showed more of Naruto's childhood and I loved the backstory with Iruka and Kakashi, but they've been bad ever since then. I hope we don't have to wait until ep 198
15746 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / 昼寝の王国
Offline
Posted 1/6/11

llamaben wrote:



Bleach isn't going into a filler arc. The most likely scenario is that Bleach is coming to an end at episode 315, so they are using fillers to make this arc last up to episode 315. .


Why would they end Bleach after this arc? I know the manga keeps going, and Bleach is still a very popular show. Why would they just flush money down the toilet like that?
88479 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 1/6/11

ChronicAddict wrote:


llamaben wrote:



Bleach isn't going into a filler arc. The most likely scenario is that Bleach is coming to an end at episode 315, so they are using fillers to make this arc last up to episode 315. .


Why would they end Bleach after this arc? I know the manga keeps going, and Bleach is still a very popular show. Why would they just flush money down the toilet like that?


Being popular doesn't meant it won't end, or have a break. Think about it, if it was going to continue why put fillers now? They could just wait 5-10 episodes and then do a big filler arc AFTER the end of the current one... However, they are persisting with fillers now, and the only logical conclusion is that they are dragging the anime out to reach the end of the season.

Also, Gintama is coming back in the Spring. In Japan, the Gintama anime is definitely more popular than the Bleach anime, so the timing does make sense.
85314 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Colorado, USA
Offline
Posted 1/6/11

rukia07 wrote:

I'm wondering why naruto is not showing up because I was waiting for 2 weeks to watch the episode...


You seem to be thrown off by the fact that you're a free user. A new episode has already aired this week, nothing's been missed. Don't worry, it'll come to you eventually.
59084 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Tacodome
Online
Posted 1/6/11

llamaben wrote:


ChronicAddict wrote:


llamaben wrote:



Bleach isn't going into a filler arc. The most likely scenario is that Bleach is coming to an end at episode 315, so they are using fillers to make this arc last up to episode 315. .


Why would they end Bleach after this arc? I know the manga keeps going, and Bleach is still a very popular show. Why would they just flush money down the toilet like that?


Being popular doesn't meant it won't end, or have a break. Think about it, if it was going to continue why put fillers now? They could just wait 5-10 episodes and then do a big filler arc AFTER the end of the current one... However, they are persisting with fillers now, and the only logical conclusion is that they are dragging the anime out to reach the end of the season.

Also, Gintama is coming back in the Spring. In Japan, the Gintama anime is definitely more popular than the Bleach anime, so the timing does make sense.

As much as I LOVE the gintama anime I find it more than a little difficult to believe that gintama is more popular than a mainstream anime
franchise like bleach. Given their current course of actions they've taken for bleach I'd think it's more believable that it'll go into another filler arc after ending the current one. My hope is it dosen't suck like the amagai shusuke arc did.
59084 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Tacodome
Online
Posted 1/6/11

TerraGamerX wrote:


rukia07 wrote:

I'm wondering why naruto is not showing up because I was waiting for 2 weeks to watch the episode...


You seem to be thrown off by the fact that you're a free user. A new episode has already aired this week, nothing's been missed. Don't worry, it'll come to you eventually.


it's also worth noting that most jump manga and anime take a week off around christmas. that's likely why a new episode hadn't arrived for a free user. we had to wait a week too. just earlier than they did
66778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Lagrange, KY
Offline
Posted 1/6/11
at this point let the filler keep rolling they have jump the shark so bad in the manga that i want to slap kishimito personally in the face.
15746 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / 昼寝の王国
Offline
Posted 1/6/11

llamaben wrote:



Being popular doesn't meant it won't end, or have a break. Think about it, if it was going to continue why put fillers now? They could just wait 5-10 episodes and then do a big filler arc AFTER the end of the current one... However, they are persisting with fillers now, and the only logical conclusion is that they are dragging the anime out to reach the end of the season.

Also, Gintama is coming back in the Spring. In Japan, the Gintama anime is definitely more popular than the Bleach anime, so the timing does make sense.


I don't think that's any reason to assume that they are going to end Bleach there. For one, they may just be putting on a few fillers so that they don't have to make such a super long filler arc later. I'm sure long filler arcs aren't great for ratings. Also, as you say, they may be trying to make this arc end at the end of this season. This, however, does not mean that Bleach will stop being produced after that. As far as Gintama goes, even if it is more possible that is no reason to throw out something else that is still one of the top viewed shows. Companies exist to make money. There is no reason to throw away profits unless something FORCES the company to do it. I think you're jumping to conclusions here, and tbh I don't think your mind is tuned to the financial ways of the world.

Anything is possible though, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
88479 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 1/6/11 , edited 1/6/11

tycho0042 wrote:
As much as I LOVE the gintama anime I find it more than a little difficult to believe that gintama is more popular than a mainstream anime
franchise like bleach. Given their current course of actions they've taken for bleach I'd think it's more believable that it'll go into another filler arc after ending the current one. My hope is it dosen't suck like the amagai shusuke arc did.

In no way is my post an exaggeration, in terms of pretty much all indicators of the anime.

Recent TV Ratings - Gintama RERUNS and Bleach both have been averaging around 2.4-3.2% over the last 26 weeks.
DVD Sales - Recently In the first week of recent DVD sales, Gintama has been getting 8-13k, Bleach has been getting 3-4k (though it's a filler arc). The last non-filler DVD sales for Bleach was about 4-5k.

Your really underestimating Gintama's popularity in Japan. Of course, as I made clear in my above post, I'm talking about the anime not the manga. In regards to the manga, Bleach would still be slightly ahead.


ChronicAddict wrote:

I don't think that's any reason to assume that they are going to end Bleach there. For one, they may just be putting on a few fillers so that they don't have to make such a super long filler arc later. I'm sure long filler arcs aren't great for ratings. Also, as you say, they may be trying to make this arc end at the end of this season. This, however, does not mean that Bleach will stop being produced after that. As far as Gintama goes, even if it is more possible that is no reason to throw out something else that is still one of the top viewed shows. Companies exist to make money. There is no reason to throw away profits unless something FORCES the company to do it. I think you're jumping to conclusions here, and tbh I don't think your mind is tuned to the financial ways of the world.

Anything is possible though, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.


Of course long filler arcs aren't great for ratings, but neither is dragged out anime. The main problem with Bleach's pace is that the manga barely has any dialog so it's harder to drag it out while keeping a decent pace. Other animes like One Piece have much more content to work with, which is the main reason for the lack of many One Piece fillers. Naruto is in between the two.

Recently, I would hardly call Bleach one of the "top viewed shows." With the current TV ratings and sales it may not even be making much of a profit anymore, and with a filler arc it would definitely get worse. Having a break (or maybe even ending it completely) may be more profitable.
59084 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Tacodome
Online
Posted 1/6/11

llamaben wrote:


tycho0042 wrote:
As much as I LOVE the gintama anime I find it more than a little difficult to believe that gintama is more popular than a mainstream anime
franchise like bleach. Given their current course of actions they've taken for bleach I'd think it's more believable that it'll go into another filler arc after ending the current one. My hope is it dosen't suck like the amagai shusuke arc did.


In no way is my post an exaggeration, in terms of pretty much all indicators of the anime.

Recent TV Ratings - Gintama RERUNS and Bleach both have been averaging around 2.4-3.2% over the last 26 weeks.
DVD Sales - In the first week of recent DVD sales, Gintama has been getting 8-13k, Bleach has been getting 3-4k (though it's a filler arc). The last non-filler DVD sales for Bleach was about 4-5k.

Your really underestimating Gintama's popularity in Japan. Of course, as I made clear in my above post, I'm talking about the anime not the manga. In regards to the manga, Bleach would still be slightly ahead.


I am very excited to hear gintama is returning so participating in this thread has been worthwhile for that reason only.
I still think you are likely mistaken as to the possibility of bleach being ended at this point. Time will tell though who is correct
Posted 1/6/11

Cecilthedarkknight234 wrote:

at this point let the filler keep rolling they have jump the shark so bad in the manga that i want to slap kishimito personally in the face.


Why, what don't you agree with that Kishimoto is doing?

3846 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / On Your Roof
Offline
Posted 1/6/11
Its called christmas, i dont know if you know about it yet. the last episode came out yesterday.
66778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Lagrange, KY
Offline
Posted 1/6/11 , edited 1/6/11

nerdsonfire1 wrote:


Cecilthedarkknight234 wrote:

at this point let the filler keep rolling they have jump the shark so bad in the manga that i want to slap kishimito personally in the face.


Why, what don't you agree with that Kishimoto is doing?


Posted 1/6/11

Cecilthedarkknight234 wrote:


nerdsonfire1 wrote:


Cecilthedarkknight234 wrote:

at this point let the filler keep rolling they have jump the shark so bad in the manga that i want to slap kishimito personally in the face.


Why, what don't you agree with that Kishimoto is doing?




15746 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / 昼寝の王国
Offline
Posted 1/7/11

Cecilthedarkknight234 wrote:



Sasuke didn't take Itachi's eyes, at least in the anime. I never read that part of the manga, but I don't think they would have changed something so significant. Also Naruto is powered up to the extreme as well. It makes sense for the characters on both sides to get retardedly powerful before the ending.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.