First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Disliking yaoi makes you homophobic?
Posted 1/6/11
A huge ad hominem at best.

Tell me, why is it when a person tries to state their dislike for a paring with two males who are obviously heterosexual or dislike yaoi in general, they're labeled homophobic? I don’t care what you say, not once in Gurren Lagann did Kamina or Spiral have any sort of sexual attraction to each other, so stop trying to make it canon.

That was just an example. Sorry.

It just doesn't make sense. I'm not all that into yaoi, not because I dislike it, but because of the inane fangirls and their unrealistic expectations. Not to mention that if you even try to disagree with them they'll rip you apart and label you.

I respect all types of people, but if there's one thing I can't stand it's stupidity.

So what do you all think? Dose disliking yaoi instantly make someone homophobic?
897 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 1/6/11
No and I don't know why anyone would think that.
Kiki's Customer Support Service
Kiki 
100410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Nova Scotia
Offline
Posted 1/6/11
That's the only come-back they have.
"You think yaoi is gross?! No it's not! You're just homophobic! If you weren't homophobic you would have no problem with yaoi. The reason I watch it is because I accept all type of love and sexual intercourse" blah blah blah.

It's like calling someone raciest just because they don't like the type of food from one area of the world.
430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Scotland, UK
Offline
Posted 1/6/11
Being homosexual myself, I actually find yaoi slightly offensive. Usually, one of the guys in the pairings is a weak submissive girly-boy and the other is a perfect-in-every-way straight guy with conflicting emotions.

Basically, it undermines homosexuality.
66780 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Lagrange, KY
Offline
Posted 1/6/11 , edited 1/6/11

GaZsTiC wrote:

Being homosexual myself, I actually find yaoi slightly offensive. Usually, one of the guys in the pairings is a weak submissive girly-boy and the other is a perfect-in-every-way straight guy with conflicting emotions.

Basically, it undermines homosexuality.


they do that in-order to set up fetish materials though. The anime "boku no pico' as sick as it was was not targeted to woman at all the people that made the ova series "yes there is more than one" said they created it for now get this STRAIGHT MEN. Which has me saying..... wat?


LosingOrbit wrote:

A huge ad hominem at best.

Tell me, why is it when a person tries to state their dislike for a paring with two males who are obviously heterosexual or dislike yaoi in general, they're labeled homophobic? I don’t care what you say, not once in Gurren Lagann did Kamina or Spiral have any sort of sexual attraction to each other, so stop trying to make it canon.

That was just an example. Sorry.

It just doesn't make sense. I'm not all that into yaoi, not because I dislike it, but because of the inane fangirls and their unrealistic expectations. Not to mention that if you even try to disagree with them they'll rip you apart and label you.

I respect all types of people, but if there's one thing I can't stand it's stupidity.

So what do you all think? Dose disliking yaoi instantly make someone homophobic?


well if you want to take gainax's twist on penis jokes and how drills=penises then some people can view it that way
Posted 1/6/11 , edited 1/6/11

Cecilthedarkknight234 wrote:


GaZsTiC wrote:

Being homosexual myself, I actually find yaoi slightly offensive. Usually, one of the guys in the pairings is a weak submissive girly-boy and the other is a perfect-in-every-way straight guy with conflicting emotions.

Basically, it undermines homosexuality.


they do that in-order to set up fetish materials though. The anime "boku no pico' as sick as it was was not targeted to woman at all the people that made the ova series "yes there is more than one" said they created it for now get this STRAIGHT MEN. Which has me saying..... wat?


LosingOrbit wrote:

A huge ad hominem at best.

Tell me, why is it when a person tries to state their dislike for a paring with two males who are obviously heterosexual or dislike yaoi in general, they're labeled homophobic? I don’t care what you say, not once in Gurren Lagann did Kamina or Spiral have any sort of sexual attraction to each other, so stop trying to make it canon.

That was just an example. Sorry.

It just doesn't make sense. I'm not all that into yaoi, not because I dislike it, but because of the inane fangirls and their unrealistic expectations. Not to mention that if you even try to disagree with them they'll rip you apart and label you.

I respect all types of people, but if there's one thing I can't stand it's stupidity.

So what do you all think? Dose disliking yaoi instantly make someone homophobic?


well if you want to take gainax's twist on penis jokes and how drills=penises then some people can view it that way


They created Boku no Piko for straight men? That can't be true.
66780 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Lagrange, KY
Offline
Posted 1/6/11


it sadly is most sales of the dvd's were bought by straight men in japan i can't find the link but I will post it later.
114 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M
Offline
Posted 1/6/11
I actually find the term homophobic to be misused constantly. I find it to be a lame attempt at empowerment, or used to instantly try to silence one who has an argument that has an opposing viewpoint.

My best examples are people with arachnophobia don't make jokes or off color comments about spiders. They don't disagree with "That spider lifestyle". They genuinely fear spiders. The same with heights, open spaces, and deep water.

I have a friend who is actually homophobic. He crosses the street to avoid certain bars. He won't go near parts of town with that certain reputation. He becomes shaken and will visibly start to sweat when he is alerted to the presence of somebody in line, or at a nearby table at a restaurant. He actually has a real, irrational, and unexplainable fear of male homosexuals. He does not hate them. He has a phobia.

So if you dislike yaoi, then you dislike it. Plain and simple. Anyone trying to label you "homophobic" really just has no good argument against you. They just want you silenced. Or worse, shamed into silence. I don't hate homosexual activity in media. Unless it is that doujinshi/fanfiction rewrite of heterosexual characters in homosexual situations. It is what it is. Live and let live. And, crush idiotic fangirls beneath your heel with extreme prejudice...just kidding. But, don't bother arguing with them about what in the end is just a preference, or a mere fantasy.
75430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 1/6/11
I like to think I'm pretty open minded myself. I'm proud that one of our heads of government (back in the 70's no less) said:

"The State has no business in the bedrooms of the nation"

I think it's good that we allow gay marriage in our country, nearly elected an openly gay mayor of one of our more prominent cities, and have as our largest non-catholic christian denomination a church that has been ordaining openly gay ministers for over 20 years.

But, NO, I don't like Yaoi anime. It interests me not. Nor do I buy various fangirl fantasies where characters who obviously hate each other are secretly gay lovers.
19078 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 1/6/11 , edited 1/6/11
No, it makes you a normal heterosexual. There's absolutely nothing wrong with not watching something you don't like.
1475 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / ~Crystal Tokyo~
Offline
Posted 1/6/11

papagolfwhiskey wrote:
Nor do I buy various fangirl fantasies where characters who obviously hate each other are secretly gay lovers.


I agree with this person. I'm still in question about the "shizaya" pairing from DRRR. Is that just some sort of crack pairing? Because I'm pretty sure Izaya is the Moriarty to Shizuo's Sherlock Holmes.

Oh, back on topic. No, it doesn't make you homophobic. Some people for some reason feel insulted that you don't like what they like (yaoi for this matter) and assume because you don't like it, you hate homosexuality. What about yuri though? Does it go along with this same issue?
Posted 1/6/11

RozenHaela wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:
Nor do I buy various fangirl fantasies where characters who obviously hate each other are secretly gay lovers.


I agree with this person. I'm still in question about the "shizaya" pairing from DRRR. Is that just some sort of crack pairing? Because I'm pretty sure Izaya is the Moriarty to Shizuo's Sherlock Holmes.

Oh, back on topic. No, it doesn't make you homophobic. Some people for some reason feel insulted that you don't like what they like (yaoi for this matter) and assume because you don't like it, you hate homosexuality. What about yuri though? Does it go along with this same issue?


I've never been called homophobic by yuri fans as much as from yaoi. At least from my experience.
1475 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / ~Crystal Tokyo~
Offline
Posted 1/6/11

LosingOrbit wrote:


RozenHaela wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:
Nor do I buy various fangirl fantasies where characters who obviously hate each other are secretly gay lovers.


I agree with this person. I'm still in question about the "shizaya" pairing from DRRR. Is that just some sort of crack pairing? Because I'm pretty sure Izaya is the Moriarty to Shizuo's Sherlock Holmes.

Oh, back on topic. No, it doesn't make you homophobic. Some people for some reason feel insulted that you don't like what they like (yaoi for this matter) and assume because you don't like it, you hate homosexuality. What about yuri though? Does it go along with this same issue?


I've never been called homophobic by yuri fans as much as from yaoi. At least from my experience.


Yuri fans are quite peaceful flowers, eh?
75430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 1/6/11

RozenHaela wrote:


LosingOrbit wrote:


RozenHaela wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:
Nor do I buy various fangirl fantasies where characters who obviously hate each other are secretly gay lovers.


I agree with this person. I'm still in question about the "shizaya" pairing from DRRR. Is that just some sort of crack pairing? Because I'm pretty sure Izaya is the Moriarty to Shizuo's Sherlock Holmes.

Oh, back on topic. No, it doesn't make you homophobic. Some people for some reason feel insulted that you don't like what they like (yaoi for this matter) and assume because you don't like it, you hate homosexuality. What about yuri though? Does it go along with this same issue?


I've never been called homophobic by yuri fans as much as from yaoi. At least from my experience.


Yuri fans are quite peaceful flowers, eh?


Or maybe they're just pigheaded males who like to see a little girl on girl and don't care what some fangirl thinks of their tastes.

1475 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / ~Crystal Tokyo~
Offline
Posted 1/6/11

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


RozenHaela wrote:


LosingOrbit wrote:


RozenHaela wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:
Nor do I buy various fangirl fantasies where characters who obviously hate each other are secretly gay lovers.


I agree with this person. I'm still in question about the "shizaya" pairing from DRRR. Is that just some sort of crack pairing? Because I'm pretty sure Izaya is the Moriarty to Shizuo's Sherlock Holmes.

Oh, back on topic. No, it doesn't make you homophobic. Some people for some reason feel insulted that you don't like what they like (yaoi for this matter) and assume because you don't like it, you hate homosexuality. What about yuri though? Does it go along with this same issue?


I've never been called homophobic by yuri fans as much as from yaoi. At least from my experience.


Yuri fans are quite peaceful flowers, eh?


Or maybe they're just pigheaded males who like to see a little girl on girl and don't care what some fangirl thinks of their tastes.



Yeah, that too.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.