First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Mature Content - iPhone CrunchyRoll app
64866 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / San Antonio
Offline
Posted 1/24/11
The mature episodes work on my iPad, at least the ones I have tried.

If you browse to the video on the CR website using Safari, you will be presented with a link to open the video with the app. I use that and can play the mature videos.
Ronin
94039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / California
Offline
Posted 1/24/11 , edited 1/24/11

Erik0666 wrote:

Ah, bummer. Call me a perv but I like the mature ones better





-Chris311- wrote:

The mature episodes work on my iPad, at least the ones I have tried.

If you browse to the video on the CR website using Safari, you will be presented with a link to open the video with the app. I use that and can play the mature videos.


Oh I forgot about that.

@Erik0666: You should do what -Chris311- said.

The permanent fix for the app should go out in version 1.12 which could be a month down the road.
22781 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Somewhat in Asia.
Offline
Posted 1/26/11
CR should allow matured titles for members too with ads. It's a shame I can't watch some titles when I'm outside and not using a PC.
jsc315 
28930 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / IL
Offline
Posted 1/29/11 , edited 1/29/11
as said before 100 times its not CR fault, blame apple for this as they think anything thats mature is just porn and isnt allowed. Yes it's not that simple but it's about as stupid as that.
22781 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Somewhat in Asia.
Offline
Posted 2/1/11

jsc315 wrote:

as said before 100 times its not CR fault, blame apple for this as they think anything thats mature is just porn and isnt allowed. Yes it's not that simple but it's about as stupid as that.


It's CR and Apple's fault. Why they allow Family Guy and American Guy streaming on hulu plus and approve some +18 app on the app store? Apple censorship board is the worst as far I can say. They can allow CR app to stream Demon King Daimao which is a mature title but they did not allow H2O: Footprints in the Sand which is PG-13 to stream on ipad. Fuck Apple's censorship board. The reason CR app can't stream "so-called" matured titles by Apple because of the app rating. If the app was rated +17, mature titles might be allowed to be streamed. I'm sick of this fucking Apple nonsense!!!!!!!!!!
29026 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 2/5/11
So the iPad app has been updated but still no way to directly view mature content. The work around is okay but it's a bit daft to first use a browser and than be redirected. Why not allow streaming directly from the browser? That way you would circumvent the Apple police.
The Wise Wizard
100931 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Online
Posted 2/5/11

Singhapura wrote:

So the iPad app has been updated but still no way to directly view mature content. The work around is okay but it's a bit daft to first use a browser and than be redirected. Why not allow streaming directly from the browser? That way you would circumvent the Apple police.

I think the problem with streaming directly from the web browser in the iPad is that HTML 5 video does not currently support any form of DRM.

51832 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 2/6/11

Ryukjr wrote:


BasouKazuma wrote:

I'm pretty sure we're going to have a workaround soon where the videos are linked through our Mobile Site.


Some Mature things Apple does allow like Mitsudomoe and Panty and stocking will defiantly be allowed on the app. Stuff like queens blade will most likely not be available on the app.

But their is an app called Sex positions and its been on the app store for awhile and apple had to approve it.

Edit - Hulu Plus is on the app store and that has family guy,american dad and the cleveland show. those shows are mature shows and they are way more mature then panty and stocking and mitsudomoe. So Apple will probably let mitsudomoe and panty and stocking go.
Not that ive bought them but theres lots of sexual things on the app store :p and alot of erotic stories

Ronin
94039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / California
Offline
Posted 2/7/11
Developer of the app has informed me that the mature titles should now be viewable through the latest version of the app. I didn't try it out myself though so if it doesn't work, don't blame me.
22781 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Somewhat in Asia.
Offline
Posted 2/8/11 , edited 2/8/11

BasouKazuma wrote:

Developer of the app has informed me that the mature titles should now be viewable through the latest version of the app. I didn't try it out myself though so if it doesn't work, don't blame me.


Nope, you still can't watch mature titles on iPad. You still need to go to the video page on Safari to watch it. The developer of the app (Crunchyroll itself) must be lying to their own people and viewers. Here's the proof:



This shows that Apple has the worst censorship board in the world. By the way, the update still doesn't allow matured titles as shown in this picture.
Ronin
94039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / California
Offline
Posted 2/8/11
I meant for Premium Members that have Show Mature Content enabled. It wasn't showing up for them before.
22781 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Somewhat in Asia.
Offline
Posted 2/8/11

BasouKazuma wrote:

I meant for Premium Members that have Show Mature Content enabled. It wasn't showing up for them before.


You should have said earlier. By the way, when will free users be able to watch matured titles on iOS and will the app support iOS 4.3 as it will be released soon?
49022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M
Offline
Posted 2/10/11
maybe if you added support for the parental controls on the iOS app then maybe they wouldn't have a problem with mature content in the app as then a parent could set the ratings and the kid wouldn't be able to access any mature content in the app
22781 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Somewhat in Asia.
Offline
Posted 2/12/11

dormlock wrote:

maybe if you added support for the parental controls on the iOS app then maybe they wouldn't have a problem with mature content in the app as then a parent could set the ratings and the kid wouldn't be able to access any mature content in the app


Blame Crunchyroll if they don't want to do that. As you said, the app should make use of the Parental Controls on the iOS so that we can watch those so-called "mature" titles from Apple.
Ronin
94039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / California
Offline
Posted 2/14/11
Do you have any proof that our app would be approved with all the mature content if there are parental controls? Apple's app approval process isn't very straight forward and can be contradictory so providing 1 example is not proof.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.