Membership fee
1007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/15/11
I wanted to suggest a different membership charge maybe a one time yearly fee would be better than month to month charge. I'm trying out your two week free trial but I don't see the yearly membership being offered if you can get back Yo me I'll greatly appreciate it.
1007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/15/11
Well so far I've watched one episode on my account through my iPhone I love the website but I can be honest most individuals that watch anime are teens and there are a very few select adults that watch it $144.00 a yr is kind of expensive just think HULU and netflix doesn't charge that and your fan base is mostly teens. I love the website and like what you guys are doing with the iPhone app and would love to do the year thing if the price was more reasonable. Ive done it with pandora as well I don't want to be worrying about a bill monthly as most people wouldnt. Please don't take this in the wrong context just a user who wants to see a great website grow.
104411 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 1/15/11

rrichi677 wrote:

I wanted to suggest a different membership charge maybe a one time yearly fee would be better than month to month charge. I'm trying out your two week free trial but I don't see the yearly membership being offered if you can get back Yo me I'll greatly appreciate it.

There already is a yearly plan. Technically, it is a 12 month plan, as it only covers 360 days.I just renewed for my second year in November.




rrichi677 wrote:

Well so far I've watched one episode on my account through my iPhone I love the website but I can be honest most individuals that watch anime are teens and there are a very few select adults that watch it $144.00 a yr is kind of expensive just think HULU and netflix doesn't charge that and your fan base is mostly teens. I love the website and like what you guys are doing with the iPhone app and would love to do the year thing if the price was more reasonable. Ive done it with pandora as well I don't want to be worrying about a bill monthly as most people wouldnt. Please don't take this in the wrong context just a user who wants to see a great website grow.

$144.00 per year is only if you are paying by the month, rather than once per year, and if you have the all access membership covering both anime and drama. An anime-only premium membership is only $60 if paid yearly.

Also, keep in mind CR does offer a free access alternative.

1007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/15/11
Free trial doesn't let you watch it on your iPhone I guess and is ad supported from what I see. No access to new episodes niether by that time I've used another website. But $60 gives me iPhone and hd access is what your saying
jsc315 
28936 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / IL
Offline
Posted 1/15/11 , edited 1/15/11
Also you get watch the show 1 hour after they are released in Japan for the most part. Though just so you know anything rated 18+ you can see on your iphone. Don't blame CR for that as its more of a app store issue. Though I've read they are working on a fix for this soon.


High-definition is available for select titles such as Naruto Shippuden, if we are provided with high quality digital raws. Recommended system requirements and a demo are available here. HD 720p specifications: H.264, approx. 1.5 Mbps. ED 480p specifications: H.264, approx. 700 Kbps. SD specifications: H.264, approx. 300 Kbps.

Geographical restrictions apply on a per-title basis. Crunchyroll attempts to get worldwide licenses, but licenses are frequently granted on a per-country basis. Check the Anime and Drama selections to see the selection (these pages are filtered for your region). Several titles are offered exclusively for Premium Members, such as the original Naruto series and Fairy Tail.

You will not see any display ads except for direct sponsorships, which include front-page takeovers and integrated promotions. Premium Members will never see video advertisements for the videos in their section.



You can do the $19.95 for every 3 months that is what I have, or the $59.95 yearly plan and yes they give you the option to pay in full when you check out. Also welcome to Crunchyroll and also to the forums as well.
Ronin
95039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / California
Offline
Posted 1/17/11
The Free Trial gives you the same benefits that a paying member gets. Though, Anime Membership only covers Anime videos so you won't have premium access to the Drama videos. Also, the latest videos are provided through our iOS app a few hours after they have already been released on our site. Though, we're working on releasing them at the same time.

If you want to be charged every 12 months, you should change your renewal rate from the Change Plan drop down box:
https://www.crunchyroll.com/acct?action=status
4005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 1/17/11
How do I unsudscribe to this site. I do not like the way these shows are dune. I perfer dubed. An since none of these anime are dubed, I want out.

Donjen38
7 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/18/11
Eh ok, i wanted to unsuscribe too cause i cant pay right now, but how im suppose to know if im a non-member when i can post here and at the same time my anime is delayed??? Quick answers would be apreciated tanks!

sorry for posting here but since i cant create a topic.....
Ronin
95039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / California
Offline
Posted 1/18/11

donjen38 wrote:

How do I unsudscribe to this site. I do not like the way these shows are dune. I perfer dubed. An since none of these anime are dubed, I want out.

Donjen38


If you no longer wish to use the service, you can cancel by following the link below, clicking the Cancel Free Trial link and filling out the Exit Survery.
https://www.crunchyroll.com/acct?action=status


P3ACa wrote:

Eh ok, i wanted to unsuscribe too cause i cant pay right now, but how im suppose to know if im a non-member when i can post here and at the same time my anime is delayed??? Quick answers would be apreciated tanks!

sorry for posting here but since i cant create a topic.....


You don't have a Premium Membership subscription therefore you do not have to cancel anything. The site is free to use but Premium Membership gives people added benefits.
7 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/19/11
Thank you for answering us ><
85602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Utah
Offline
Posted 1/19/11 , edited 1/19/11

donjen38 wrote:

How do I unsudscribe to this site. I do not like the way these shows are dune. I perfer dubed. An since none of these anime are dubed, I want out.

Donjen38


Crunchyroll does have a couple dubbed shows:

Code Geass
Haruhi

But I'm thinking you want more...

-moose
You must be logged in to post.