First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Judging people on their taste
141349 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Someplace
Offline
Posted 1/19/11
Do you ever find yourself judging someone else by their taste in music? I sometimes do. Most people listen to the generic, mainstream music and think of them in a certain way. Others who appear to have a more developed taste, which I mean as music that takes a bit of searching to find, I view in a different matter.

Do you guys do that?
Posted 1/19/11 , edited 1/19/11
Sometimes.

And I hate being critical, but anyone who has the audacity to say "Justin Bieber is the greatest artist evar" should have the shit knocked out of them.

Posted 1/20/11
only when those people say they're into Justin Bieber or those Disney stars...
1581 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Latvia
Offline
Posted 1/20/11
People who say that groups like Big Bang, Kat-Tun, NEWS, SNSD ... etc have a lot of talent ...
I immediately see them as stupid people who don't know what musical talent is
There's nothing wrong about liking a boyband/girlgroup but if you can't recodnise them as cheap products ... grow up please !
Posted 1/21/11
i hate doing that but sometimes it can help
Posted 1/21/11

sherrynd wrote:

People who say that groups like Big Bang, Kat-Tun, NEWS, SNSD ... etc have a lot of talent ...
I immediately see them as stupid people who don't know what musical talent is
There's nothing wrong about liking a boyband/girlgroup but if you can't recodnise them as cheap products ... grow up please !


Well, I don't know much about Japanese artists but with Big Bang and SNSD I got to agree with you!
No offend to those two groups but they are seriously way too overrated~~
1581 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Latvia
Offline
Posted 1/21/11

LollipopLoverM-chan wrote:


sherrynd wrote:

People who say that groups like Big Bang, Kat-Tun, NEWS, SNSD ... etc have a lot of talent ...
I immediately see them as stupid people who don't know what musical talent is
There's nothing wrong about liking a boyband/girlgroup but if you can't recodnise them as cheap products ... grow up please !


Well, I don't know much about Japanese artists but with Big Bang and SNSD I got to agree with you!
No offend to those two groups but they are seriously way too overrated~~


Japan has some ''not so good'' artists too ...
And I can't call Big Bang and SNSD overrated as much as they can not be considered ''artists''
There are groups that are worse than Big Bang, and their early releases were not too bad, but SNSD can be called pure rubbish (some of their fans still don't understand, why a lot of people don't like SNSD ... cuz they lack any talent!) I understand that some members might have a decent voice, but together they are rubbish
4980 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / ireland
Offline
Posted 1/21/11
I try not be an indie snob,hating anything mainstream and judging those who do.Just because Justin beiber is not my cup of tea doesn't mean he's a terrible artist so I try not to judge those who like him and other music thats similar.
37840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Canada
Offline
Posted 1/21/11 , edited 1/21/11
Thanks another thread for anti-sones to rant in. No matter where I go I have to always hear the same opinion about how SNSD stinks.@sherrynd go back to the thread "A question to Anti fans of SNSD " people already tried to explain their views, thoughts about snsd and it was settled stop starting another discussion about this in this thread. .
-


I try not be an indie snob,hating anything mainstream and judging those who do.Just because Justin beiber is not my cup of tea doesn't mean he's a terrible artist so I try not to judge those who like him and other music thats similar.

^ this.
50506 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Wisconsin
Offline
Posted 1/22/11
I generally won't judge a person negatively unless she/he tries singing it around me or blasts it from their car stereo (yes, I'm old).
520 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / F / Colorado Springs
Offline
Posted 1/24/11 , edited 1/24/11
Uhhh...whos snsd....


I sometimes do..esp. when they say they like that rap/hip hop stuff and think its like the greatest thing in the world..and country can't stand that stuff...but whatever floats their boat I guess.
Posted 1/24/11
i judge people on their music taste, i just can't help it.
445 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 1/26/11
I do it all the time...
15153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 1/26/11

LosingOrbit wrote:

Sometimes.

And I hate being critical, but anyone who has the audacity to say "Justin Bieber is the greatest artist evar" should have the shit knocked out of them.



I read the topic and knew instantly that Justin Bieber was gonna pop up somewhere.... lolz
1767 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / In my mind
Offline
Posted 1/27/11
I gave up on this. one of my best freinds is listening to mainstream and house all the time and the other one to metalcore. I stay true to folk metal/rock.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.