First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Final Fantasy XIII-2
4401 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 1/21/11
Soooo.......Square Enix released a few days a go a statement that confirmed they would make a sequel to Final Fantasy Xiii. It will be available to both the 360 and ps3. Supposedly the sequel will have a better combat system. It is too early to say more about the game, however it will be released next winter.





http://na.square-enix.com/ffxiii-2/

I didn't see this coming as I have played through xiii I thought that, that was the end of the series. But seeing as how Square made Final Fantasy X and X-2 I suppose I am not that surprised. Hopefully the sequel will add more towns to explore. This was my only real compliant about the xiii.

Any who what are your thoughts on this?
66615 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 1/21/11
..........................what???? really?? so NO NO NO NO NO JUST NO
53950 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 1/22/11
Even though the first game kinda sucked and the battle system a little far-fetched (heck I haven't even finished it yet!), I'm still gonna get this game once I get a PS3...

Posted 1/22/11
lol I saw the trailer. I really hope it's a lot better than no.1
66615 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 1/22/11

Nyarth wrote:

Even though the first game kinda sucked and the battle system a little far-fetched (heck I haven't even finished it yet!), I'm still gonna get this game once I get a PS3...



don't waste your money, it looks pretty but that's about it really. i acutally had the game for the ps3 and it is SHIT, no control over the whole party, the main party leader dies it's game over, no back tracking, you can not form your own party etc. i could list a crap load of other things like spoilers etc but i won't ... but yeah..
53950 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 1/22/11

Cecilthedarkknight234 wrote:


Nyarth wrote:

Even though the first game kinda sucked and the battle system a little far-fetched (heck I haven't even finished it yet!), I'm still gonna get this game once I get a PS3...



don't waste your money, it looks pretty but that's about it really. i acutally had the game for the ps3 and it is SHIT, no control over the whole party, the main party leader dies it's game over, no back tracking, you can not form your own party etc. i could list a crap load of other things like spoilers etc but i won't ... but yeah..


I have the game too but on the 360. Obviously when I got it I thought the graphics were visually stunning, but a little less than the PS3. And you're right, the game doesn't quite live up to the traditional JRPG conventions, but I think the prettiness and interesting storyline compensate a lot of it.
66615 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 1/22/11 , edited 1/22/11

Nyarth wrote:


Cecilthedarkknight234 wrote:


Nyarth wrote:

Even though the first game kinda sucked and the battle system a little far-fetched (heck I haven't even finished it yet!), I'm still gonna get this game once I get a PS3...



don't waste your money, it looks pretty but that's about it really. i acutally had the game for the ps3 and it is SHIT, no control over the whole party, the main party leader dies it's game over, no back tracking, you can not form your own party etc. i could list a crap load of other things like spoilers etc but i won't ... but yeah..


I have the game too but on the 360. Obviously when I got it I thought the graphics were visually stunning, but a little less than the PS3. And you're right, the game doesn't quite live up to the traditional JRPG conventions, but I think the prettiness and interesting storyline compensate a lot of it.


i hate to be mean but when i play a game, i want to play game, not watch a movie or get a good story "although a good story IS VERY IMPORTANT", epically in this genre of games yeah..... games are an interactive media and when you spend most of your time with the controller down then something is wrong. I think ff13 would have been a good scifi cgi anime from square enix if they did it that way but other than that it's noting else really special. I did do what most didn't though i played and beat the game but the fact that 2 characters where killed off is not something i want to go back to.
Posted 1/23/11
lightning and her new rival's armor looks stupid.................
25887 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / utah
Offline
Posted 1/23/11
i really wonder just how long square-enix is gonna beat that dead horse? i mean they haven't made a decent ff game since 8 i know alot of ppl would probly disagree with that but 9 to me was about as bad as X-2 anyhoo if their not gonna remake ff 7 then they just need to stop making ff games all together same thing with star ocean just fucking stop please for the love of god.
35 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Chocolate Factory
Offline
Posted 1/23/11
What really?!?.......well hopefully they follow the request of their fans on not wanting a linear game with no cities to explore. I played XIII and found it alright but it got monotonous after a while. I mean all there was was fighting-cutscene- more fighting-another cutscene. With adding places to explore like a real rpg or like ff 7 it might actually turn out to be pretty good

also how are they releasing this game next winter? didn't it take 13 a couple of years to be made? if that's the case then just ignore what I just said obviously this game will be rushed to meet the deadline

jeez anyone remember when Square actually produced good games?
11661 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA (Miami, FL)
Offline
Posted 1/23/11
Here it comes. FFX-2 part 2.
66615 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 1/23/11

HungryHungryChibi wrote:

What really?!?.......well hopefully they follow the request of their fans on not wanting a linear game with no cities to explore. I played XIII and found it alright but it got monotonous after a while. I mean all there was was fighting-cutscene- more fighting-another cutscene. With adding places to explore like a real rpg or like ff 7 it might actually turn out to be pretty good

also how are they releasing this game next winter? didn't it take 13 a couple of years to be made? if that's the case then just ignore what I just said obviously this game will be rushed to meet the deadline

jeez anyone remember when Square actually produced good games?


i have been looking into i think this is stuff they wanted to add to xbox version but left out do the limitation in the hardware with that said i perfered ff6 over 7 since 6 has aged a bit better.
45255 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 1/23/11
I'll admit that XIII was a little disappointing... got the game day one. Took me till today to actually finish the story because I sort of stayed away from it. Overall I didn't see it as a complete fail, but I could pretty much tap X (PS3) on my controller and walk into the kitchen to look for a snack without worrying about dying. The story though was quite interesting and while I watched the final cut scene I started asking myself a few question. Hopefully XIII-2 will answer them, so I don't see to much of a problem about XIII-2 being made. But.... I'm really waiting for Versus XIII. I originally got XIII to hold me over till then, and I'll be upset if Versus XIII doesn't come out before XIII-2.
54207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Online
Posted 1/23/11 , edited 1/23/11
FF13 came out around December 09, the only way ff13-2 could be made that quickly if Square was making at the same time with ff13. So they believe that ff13 would be so good they made sequel at the same time with 1st game . You have to be very arrogant to believe your game would deserve a sequel during the production of the first game.

Or maybe their plan from the beginning to span to multiple games like xenosaga, or .hack

7 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 1/24/11
Really Square-Enix....Really?
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.