First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Mahou Shojo Madoka Magica Discussions
1276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Secret Base
Offline
Posted 1/28/11
So, guys and gals, ep4 is out and I've just watched it and enjoyed it. Still a bit too early to call but I think SHAFT may have done it again, we may have another Bakemonogatari on our hands here.

But I did not at all expect this show to be this DARK, pretty mahou shoujos aside this show was really intended for a mature audience. I sniff a MASSIVE plot twist towards the end. At least we now know that Kyuubei is clearly evil, thus proving one of the conspiracy theories.

Some speculations from me, spoilers for ep4.

9312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Over there
Offline
Posted 1/28/11
Ep 3
75432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 1/28/11
This is a cool show simply for turning the usual Magical girl tropes on their ear.

I like how magic isn't the solution to every problem and that there is no such thing as a free lunch.

4634 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 1/28/11

blue_banana wrote:

So, guys and gals, ep4 is out and I've just watched it and enjoyed it. Still a bit too early to call but I think SHAFT may have done it again, we may have another Bakemonogatari on our hands here.

But I did not at all expect this show to be this DARK, pretty mahou shoujos aside this show was really intended for a mature audience. I sniff a MASSIVE plot twist towards the end. At least we now know that Kyuubei is clearly evil, thus proving one of the conspiracy theories.

Some speculations from me, spoilers for ep4.





Posted 1/28/11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJorRJrfNJI

Honestly, this is a befitting song for this show. And no, I haven't watched NGE, but I intend to sometime.
1190 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Seoul
Offline
Posted 1/29/11 , edited 1/29/11

AsuraCryin wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJorRJrfNJI

Honestly, this is a befitting song for this show. And no, I haven't watched NGE, but I intend to sometime.

I lol'd watching this for some reason. The song may seem to be more fitting, but the fact it's intentionally designed to trick you (something expected of Shinbo, especially if you've seen Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei before) in itself, is very fitting for a Faustian show as this imo. Bonus points to SHAFT for not introducing its ED until the end of the third episode as well.
95162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 1/29/11
I think the Wish they make needs to be maintained.
If the light of their "Magical Girl Seed" goes out their wish ends, so they have to keep hunting witches for as long as they want to keep their Wish alive.
9312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Over there
Offline
Posted 2/3/11
Sayaka was pretty cool in ep 4 :D
Looking forward to when Madoka makes the contract.
9312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Over there
Offline
Posted 2/3/11
Uhm, why doesn`t Madoka just wish that witches didn`t excisit and such? :P

Just watched ep 5
This anime is so damn weird
69987 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Where the heart is
Offline
Posted 2/3/11 , edited 2/3/11

Des85 wrote:

Uhm, why doesn`t Madoka just wish that witches didn`t excisit and such? :P

Just watched ep 5
This anime is so damn weird :P


If what a previous post is true that they have to hunt witches to maintain their power and keeping their wishes going at the same time, the wish to get rid of witches wouldn't stick. but, then again if they didn't have to use their magic to hunt witches then there wouldn't be a need to recharge their power, hmmmm.
114152 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / in a world where...
Offline
Posted 2/3/11
this show is just getting better and better but now im starting to get tired of modaka's attitude we all know what's going to happen but she's just stalling the inevitable

75432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 2/3/11
yep this ones a keeper.
66355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 2/3/11 , edited 2/3/11
1276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Secret Base
Offline
Posted 2/4/11
Ahh I remember when my friend told me about this show, I pointed at his face and laughed at him for watching Mahou Shoujo shows...

Jokes on me now... Easily best show of the season

Anyway, my predictions for the show:

Sayaka will die in either ep 9 or 10.
Madoka will transform straight after.
Madoka will wish for an end to the endless chain of killing.
Kyuubei will refuse and reveal true evil intentions (as if we didn't already know...)
Madoka and Homura will confront final boss (Kyuubei/Kyuubei's master) in the giant floating castle, reminiscient of the opening dream sequence.


I'd seriously laugh if this is right lol
75432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 2/4/11

blue_banana wrote:

Ahh I remember when my friend told me about this show, I pointed at his face and laughed at him for watching Mahou Shoujo shows...

Jokes on me now... Easily best show of the season

Anyway, my predictions for the show:

Sayaka will die in either ep 9 or 10.
Madoka will transform straight after.
Madoka will wish for an end to the endless chain of killing.
Kyuubei will refuse and reveal true evil intentions (as if we didn't already know...)
Madoka and Homura will confront final boss (Kyuubei/Kyuubei's master) in the giant floating castle, reminiscient of the opening dream sequence.


I'd seriously laugh if this is right lol


It... might be...

Once I abandoned my Magical Girl preconceptions, my ability to predict events in this anime got much stronger. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the authors had a few more tricks up their sleeves. Still Kyubey is a manipulating SOB who is trying to turn people into magical girls.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.