First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Nasa Warns Of Super Solar Storm 2012
10402 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / UAE
Offline
Posted 1/21/11

Nasa Warns Of Super Solar Storm 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_TzIUlaQok

do you believe it ?
are you prepared for it ?
do you know any new information about it ?
10483 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/21/11
i saw on this discovery channel thing about bible codes and this is how it said the earth will end but i think someone told me that god wouldnt let the earth burn...but i do believe it and i think a lot of people will commit suicide in the year 2012 because they think the world will end but i am hoping and praying that im wrong because i want to live a full life
Posted 1/21/11
As the year becomes closer, my sanity lessons. Not because I'm paranoid, but because I'm tired of the many fanatics who actually believe this shit is real.

There is no set date for the end of the world. Years ago we had the same fears of Y2K and just like the previous "end of the world" hysteria this one is worth the same: bullshit.
Posted 1/21/11 , edited 1/21/11

LosingOrbit wrote:

As the year becomes closer, my sanity lessons. Not because I'm paranoid, but because I'm tired of the many fanatics who actually believe this shit is real.

There is no set date for the end of the world. Years ago we had the same fears of Y2K and just like the previous "end of the world" hysteria this one is worth the same: bullshit.
Ditto with you on that one, but I come from a very different sense of logic and reasoning; some people just don't wanna die alone, so the sensible thing for them to hope for is to believe that everyone will somehow die altogether. Thus they made up this End of the World BS, and since then the irony never gets old. Is funny how this "GenMe" epidemic can create such entertaining worldview. We're so weak when facing our vulnerability, yet we pretend to be brave/bold with our addiction to risk.

BTW, since this is Fox News on Youtube, so talk about your double-negatives. Here's the actual report straight from the horse's mouth.
55342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / F / Atlanta GA
Online
Posted 1/21/11

LosingOrbit wrote:

As the year becomes closer, my sanity lessons. Not because I'm paranoid, but because I'm tired of the many fanatics who actually believe this shit is real.

There is no set date for the end of the world. Years ago we had the same fears of Y2K and just like the previous "end of the world" hysteria this one is worth the same: bullshit.


Your sanity is fine, just take it in stride and ignore the left and the religious right. sun spot and solar storms have happed from the being of the sun.
10402 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / UAE
Offline
Posted 1/22/11
but maybe it is true ---- i mean not the end of the whole world
but when the solar storm happen a lot of people will die in the world but not all

Posted 1/22/11

neko-cat wrote:

but maybe it is true ---- i mean not the end of the whole world
but when the solar storm happen a lot of people will die in the world but not all

I don't care about a "maybe." When you can start telling the difference between tabloid rumor and real investigative report, then you'll know just how useless "maybes" are to reality.
Posted 1/22/11 , edited 1/22/11
Ack, I had spent a while typing up a few paragraphs and lost it all when I went to post the reply, then my links got all screwed up when using a label. But here it is In short, I think it is just media hype.

Looking over the past two decades we have experienced far more intense periods of solar maxima http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/nndc/struts/results?t=102827&s=5&d=8,430,9 (1999-2002, 1988-1992). Although problems did occur, nothing was cataclysmic http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2010/26oct_solarshield/. Global electricity consumption has increased about 37% but many countries such as the US, Germany, and Japan have only increased no more than 10% http://tonto.eia.gov/cfapps/ipdbproject/iedindex3.cfm?tid=2&pid=2&aid=2&cid=ww,CA,CH,GM,IN,JA,UK,US,&syid=1999&eyid=2009&unit=BKWH . That figure seems small to me (consumption is stable and where it was a decade ago).

I know the issue is more complex than just the presence of sunspots and dependence on electricity but again I do not think the upcoming solar maximum is going to have devastating effects.

Edit: The upcoming solar maximum is predicted to be in May of 2013 with a sunspot number of about 80
Posted 1/22/11 , edited 1/22/11
The Earth gets bombarded with cosmic rays and other dangers every day. All the shit about 2012 is a hoax, so we can go back to being mentally destroyed by an excessive amount of radio waves and distorted information without worry.
8742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Scotland, Aberdeen
Offline
Posted 1/23/11
2009-2011 - 'The end is nigh! Surrender your material possessions and prepare to enter paradise! Cleanse your souls!
2012, Jan. 1st - 2012, Dec. 31 - 'The end is here! It may come any minute now! Behold the last sunset!
2013- 2016 - 'Our calculation contained some errors that we are trying to correct. That is not to say the end isn't coming!'
2016-2018 - 'The world as we knew it ended. The change is spiritual. Don't be so short-sighted, the calendar indicates a metaphorical end!'
2019-2011 - 'We discovered that the Eskimo calendar ends with 2022. This can only mean that this time the world is coming to an end. Maybe this is what the Mayans were trying to tell us!'

Same old shit over and over and over and over. This nonsense is nothing new, stupid adventist sects have been doing this stuff for a while now.
10402 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / UAE
Offline
Posted 1/23/11
but what about the Super Solar Storm ?
not the end of the world ................

Super Solar Storm don't mean the end of the world
Posted 1/23/11

neko-cat wrote:

but what about the Super Solar Storm ?
not the end of the world ................

Super Solar Storm don't mean the end of the world
And what of it? Can't do much about it but to speculate, because it's not even here on delivery.
66747 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Lagrange, KY
Offline
Posted 1/23/11

DomFortress wrote:


neko-cat wrote:

but what about the Super Solar Storm ?
not the end of the world ................

Super Solar Storm don't mean the end of the world
And what of it? Can't do much about it but to speculate, because it's not even here on delivery.


it wouldn't really be the end of the world just the end of most electronic goods that we use, the solar flare would cause a huge storm and fry most of our electrical goods, cars, medical equipment etc.
Posted 1/23/11

Cecilthedarkknight234 wrote:



it wouldn't really be the end of the world just the end of most electronic goods that we use, the solar flare would cause a huge storm and fry most of our electrical goods, cars, medical equipment etc.
Then the silver-lining would be to free us from the bind of impersonal socialization. Just think, no more Internet trolls or bullying when there's no Internet. Can they still remain who they are in real life?
66747 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Lagrange, KY
Offline
Posted 1/23/11

DomFortress wrote:


Cecilthedarkknight234 wrote:



it wouldn't really be the end of the world just the end of most electronic goods that we use, the solar flare would cause a huge storm and fry most of our electrical goods, cars, medical equipment etc.
Then the silver-lining would be to free us from the bind of impersonal socialization. Just think, no more Internet trolls or bullying when there's no Internet. Can they still remain who they are in real life?


bad on the aspect that pace makers and oxygen machines would no longer work but i see your point
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.