First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Updated: Crunchyroll App for Android (Alpha v0.2.2)
47435 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / No Cal
Offline
Posted 1/27/11
Love the way the Android App is turning out. Being able to add and remove videos to and from Favorites or Watch List would be nice. But I'm sure that'll come in future updates. All in all, I say good job devs and thanks for everything you've done.

On another note. Who cares about who has more apps or a larger market? As far as I can tell this thread is about the Android App... not IPhone. If you don't even have an Android phone what's the point in coming here other than to troll?

Once again. Cudos to the devs and Shinji.


Kamakani
"Sarcasm is life's natural defense against stupidity"
27837 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / rubbish bin
Offline
Posted 1/27/11
hehe lol ur android user too hehe
60182 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 1/27/11
The problem with the A/V synchronization issue after fast forwarding a bit seems to have been fixed in this latest update. (T-Mobile G2 stock)
57542 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Michigan
Offline
Posted 1/27/11
this sucks, I realize I cant get it because i have a G1 .. and its old school now and cant update to the new android.. Looks like its reading for me going to have to root and break it and try not to turn it into a brick LOL
66565 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Utah
Offline
Posted 1/27/11 , edited 1/27/11

Kamakani wrote:

On another note. Who cares about who has more apps or a larger market? As far as I can tell this thread is about the Android App... not IPhone. If you don't even have an Android phone what's the point in coming here other than to troll?


Crunchyroll and all other software developers care about the size of the market. They would have never created the app in the first place, let alone update it, if the size of the market was abysmally small. We the consumers and users of these devices collectively encourage development of apps such as this on our platform(s) by adopting the new technology in large numbers. It is pertinent to the topic.

I personally don't care who's in the lead (I do like Apple BTW) so long as we can all enjoy our anime on the go

-moose
39503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / USA, California
Offline
Posted 1/28/11 , edited 1/28/11
LosingOrbit's comment is completely contradicting of itself LOL. IMHO(In My Honest Opinion) I never wanted an iPhone. As soo as I seen the fast growth of android since the launch(maybe because it open-source and give more freedom to users and programmers) I've thought of getting an android phone. Since the U.S. release of the SONY Ericsson XEPERIA X10 and the announcement for the SONY Ericsson Arc I've been planning to upgrade to Droid as soon as my contract lets me.
http://www.mobiletor.com/2011/01/12/sony-ericsson-xperia-arc-runs-on-msm8255-processor/
http://www.mobiletor.com/2011/01/05/sony-ericssons-playstation-phone-receives-xperia-branding/
http://www.mobiletor.com/2010/12/10/sony-ericsson-splashes-out-eperience-packs-for-xperia-x10-series/
jltate 
66057 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 1/28/11
Windows Phone 7 port, please.
60381 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
105
Offline
Posted 1/28/11

mozychan wrote:
Crunchyroll and all other software developers care about the size of the market. They would have never created the app in the first place, let alone update it, if the size of the market was abysmally small. We the consumers and users of these devices collectively encourage development of apps such as this on our platform(s) by adopting the new technology in large numbers. It is pertinent to the topic.


Yours is one of those perspectives where while what you say is accurate, it's sort of off. It's maybe more accurate to say CR seems to try to cater to larger markets pertinant to their own while not being restricted to that philosophy.

If your argument was true, then wouldn't there be a Symbian app? And the rumored Windows phone version wouldn't actually then exist (that is, assuming it actually does exist).

Also, while market size isn't to be ignored, wasn't there really more a need to have an iOS app because, well, because Apple is closed by design so there was *need*--unlike Android which supports Flash which CR requires for general computers, Apple was closed and doesn't support Flash and there was near impossibility in viewing a stream from CR. Unlike most other platforms, CR was locked out until they made an app. It wasn't mainly because Apple was popular that the iphone app came first, but because Apple was closed. (Yeah, I know, the whole Flash argument, using terms like open and closed, is also misleading but I hope the point I'm trying to get across is being made.) otoh, the Android app was probably driven by your market driven idea, the app coming about as Android became popular, despite probably being less of a necessity, given Android phones can have Flash unlike iOS. (Probably didn't look all that pretty, but I don't have an Android phone.)

CR can be the driver of markets as well as driven by a markets. For example, and this is a complete guess, but I would think the Boxee viewers are far outstripped by the number of iOS users. Yet CR was on Boxee, if not earlier, around the same time the iphone app was being tested. And while Boxee has their installers, it didn't have a device until a couple of months ago. And their support for Roku came after Boxee, and Roku seemed quite popular for a long while before CR got on it.

iow, what I'm trying to get at is that I would imagine the goal is really (the obvious goal) of drawing and keeping viewers to CR. Such is why there seems to be multiple CR apps for the iOS devices, such as specialized ones like for Naruto, because of the advertising exposure it gives to CR (a combination fo the popularity of the device as well as the anime). Maybe that was the true driving point of coming out with an Android app, despite maybe not needing to given Android users could probably have viewed videos (albeit not as nicely) straight off their browsers--make it easier for current and potential users, drawing in ad watching eyeballs (at least eventually) and getting people to subscribe.


Mistx wrote:
A sketchy looking source says:
http://mashable.com/2010/12/29/android-apps-double-to-200k-in-2-months-report/
my guess is more like 150k


Might be closer to 230k, if you believe sites like wikipedia and AndroLib. AndroLib acknowledges theirs to be a projected count. Not sure if they count released homebrew either, which if not, is another additional source of software. As someone already pointed out, after a certain number, it doesn't really matter since nearly every potential and useless thing is covered. After awhile, what's in the count are variations of some other app, and a lot of "apps" are useless, juvenile programs hardly worth counting.
Posted 1/29/11
hey shinji, how come i cant see the log off button and settings menu. it said downloaded successfully how can i not see those menu settings and what the heck...am i doing something wrong?
Engineer
87993 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / California
Offline
Posted 1/29/11

escaflownejksolis wrote:

hey shinji, how come i cant see the log off button and settings menu. it said downloaded successfully how can i not see those menu settings and what the heck...am i doing something wrong?


You need to press the Menu button to access those options.
64636 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
74 / M / Here and Now
Offline
Posted 1/29/11
I like the app, but would prefer having a choice of what videos to watch, the current version does not allow me to look at videos that are not on the featured listings.
49012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/29/11

raidahs wrote:

I like the app, but would prefer having a choice of what videos to watch, the current version does not allow me to look at videos that are not on the featured listings.


Click the anime button on the top, that will give you the full list of anime.
Posted 1/29/11
i cant find the menu button.i can see everything else. anime and drama except the menu button. where is it exactly? cuz my dumb ass cant sure find it.
12020 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F
Offline
Posted 1/29/11
well I tried installing the Crunchyroll app on my Android ipad tonight, come to the page that asks if I want too install it, but when I say yes I do it says that the page no longer exists. And it wont even show up in the Android Market to download :(

so zzzzz.. I tried. Sad panda.
62136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 1/29/11 , edited 1/30/11
TO: Shinji or whoever developed the android app,
I don't think my android phone's too slow as I am using Xperia X10 (not that fast but shouldn't be that bad). What happened was:
Every single time i click into ANY videos it only shows picture movement for about 1-2 seconds... then all I see is still screen and the sound just kept on going.
I tried fixing by moving the timeline bar... then the whole app died android forced me to forcequit it
EXACT SAME THING happened no matter how many times I try.

AND additionally There doesn't seem to be a way of quitting the app completely... After I press the home button my phone just started running LAGGY, which doesn't happen at all normally. I have to power-off the phone to fix the lags every single time... Killing the app doesn't help my phone get back to normal either.

Hope this will be useful for you guys to further improve the android app... As I used to use apple and it was and is still great over the iphones/ipods

It would be appreciated if you guys can fix the app faster
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.