Why is CR slow all of the sudden?
Posted 1/27/11 , edited 1/27/11
my internet was down for a while but I went to watch something here and it's insanely slow! I went to speedtest.net and it said I was getting 5 MBPS so I tried a youtube video and it loaded fast and everything. I was even able to skip ahead in parts! but CR is stopping every 2 seconds and it's annoying. It stops for like 30 seconds each time and it's annoying.

I even watched a 1080p video on youtube and it stopped once, for about 5 seconds an entire minute in.
Ghost Moderator
AHTL 
87723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Norway
Online
Posted 1/27/11 , edited 1/27/11
No double posting. Don't really know what could be causing it, but it could help restarting your browser/router.
Posted 1/27/11 , edited 1/27/11
oh well, it'll be fixed soon. Also, should this have been in the technical support thread? sorry about that.

I double posted? I looked and I only saw one of this post. What happened???
I CTRL+F'd the phrase CR slow and I only found one of this in the first page. zero in the second one.
Anyways, I'm using Windows 7 and Google Chrome and have never had this problem.
And if you mean double posting like posting something similar to a thing before, I looked at some threads about this and they were having different issues who's solutions didn't fix my problem.



AHTL wrote:

No double posting. Don't really know what could be causing it, but it could help restarting your browser/router.


Oh sorry, I forgot to quote your response so you'd get the notification... /: It looks like I'm spamming -_- OH! You're talking about my iPad post! this time I mean my computer though.
Ghost Moderator
AHTL 
87723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Norway
Online
Posted 1/27/11

Outsidebox wrote:

oh well, it'll be fixed soon. Also, should this have been in the technical support thread? sorry about that.

I double posted? I looked and I only saw one of this post. What happened???
I CTRL+F'd the phrase CR slow and I only found one of this in the first page. zero in the second one.
Anyways, I'm using Windows 7 and Google Chrome and have never had this problem.
And if you mean double posting like posting something similar to a thing before, I looked at some threads about this and they were having different issues who's solutions didn't fix my problem.



AHTL wrote:

No double posting. Don't really know what could be causing it, but it could help restarting your browser/router.


Oh sorry, I forgot to quote your response so you'd get the notification... /: It looks like I'm spamming -_- OH! You're talking about my iPad post! this time I mean my computer though.


Yes you should have posted this thread in this section, I moved it here.
Double posted as in making two posts in a row, not two threads. Kindly read the rules.
If I meant an already existing thread, it would be duplicate.

I have no idea what this iPad post is, I'm talking about this thread.
Posted 1/27/11 , edited 1/27/11

AHTL wrote:


Outsidebox wrote:

oh well, it'll be fixed soon. Also, should this have been in the technical support thread? sorry about that.

I double posted? I looked and I only saw one of this post. What happened???
I CTRL+F'd the phrase CR slow and I only found one of this in the first page. zero in the second one.
Anyways, I'm using Windows 7 and Google Chrome and have never had this problem.
And if you mean double posting like posting something similar to a thing before, I looked at some threads about this and they were having different issues who's solutions didn't fix my problem.



AHTL wrote:

No double posting. Don't really know what could be causing it, but it could help restarting your browser/router.


Oh sorry, I forgot to quote your response so you'd get the notification... /: It looks like I'm spamming -_- OH! You're talking about my iPad post! this time I mean my computer though.


Yes you should have posted this thread in this section, I moved it here.
Double posted as in making two posts in a row, not two threads. Kindly read the rules.
If I meant an already existing thread, it would be duplicate.

I have no idea what this iPad post is, I'm talking about this thread.


I still don't know where I double posted... Now I feel stupid...
Was it when I said two different things with two posts? I didn't notice the edit button. Sorry.
46 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 2/3/11
Hey I'm wondering if this problem was fixed yet? I mean i love this website and all but like I can't load any video from this website at all... I sent help emails, I tried everything that the troubleshooting page had to say and it still doesn't work. I'm pretty sure theres nothing wrong with my internet because I can load videos from any other websites just fine and fast too, I just cant seem to load anything here -.-. Please help D:
29014 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M
Offline
Posted 2/3/11
Ditto. Need help but no help available.
The Wise Wizard
100929 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 2/4/11
For those that say they have no problems with other websites, have any of you tried the 720p videos at ANN or The Anime Network during the same times frame? (While most of those require payment, at least the first episode(s) available in 720p don't).

Are those other sites pushing 720p video, or even 480p? If not, the comparison isn't valid, unless you are also having buffering problems at SD.

I would also expect well-funded sites like YouTube, Netflix, and Hulu to have few, if any problems.

I'm not saying the problem shouldn't be fixed, but from what I have seen it isn't unique to CR.
Ronin
94039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / California
Offline
Posted 2/4/11
This is being discussed in the following thread:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-627053/help-with-video-playback-problems

Locked
You must be logged in to post.