No subtitles for Steel Angel Kurumi
Posted 1/30/11
Tried episodes 1-3, and none of them had subtitles. English or otherwise. Is this correct? The credits show English voice actors, but the episodes were in Japanese, so maybe it is supposed to be dubbed?

Anyway, just wanted to let you know.

Best Regards,
kbch
vza004 
25479 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In the Land of 10...
Offline
Posted 1/31/11
Nope, that's just you. Have you tried right clicking the video for options?
Ronin
95035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / California
Offline
Posted 1/31/11

kbch wrote:

Tried episodes 1-3, and none of them had subtitles. English or otherwise. Is this correct? The credits show English voice actors, but the episodes were in Japanese, so maybe it is supposed to be dubbed?

Anyway, just wanted to let you know.

Best Regards,
kbch


Roku, Android and iOS encodes of Steel Angel Kurumi don't have subtitles. The problem was that these videos were probably manually encoded long ago before we set consistent protocols for encoding videos. I'm uncertain how long this would take to fix but we'll definitely fix it.
Posted 1/31/11

vza004 wrote:

Nope, that's just you. Have you tried right clicking the video for options?


I just moved it to the favorites folder so I could watch it with Roku by using the favorites tab. How does one go about right clicking with Roku? I am pretty new here, and still have a lot to learn about how it all works. Still trying to figure out how to (easily) get to the favorites folder, and how to use Roku. (I would have thought there would be link from your personal page to your favorites folder, but if there is, I am blind)

Should you start to play it here, stop it after you've set any setup selections, then move it to favorites?

Thanks for any info.

Best Regards,
kbch
Posted 1/31/11 , edited 1/31/11

BasouKazuma wrote:

Roku, Android and iOS encodes of Steel Angel Kurumi don't have subtitles. The problem was that these videos were probably manually encoded long ago before we set consistent protocols for encoding videos. I'm uncertain how long this would take to fix but we'll definitely fix it.


Ah, that explains it then. I was afraid I had just not read enough of the fine print. Thanks for the answer.

Best Regards,
kbch

vza004 
25479 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In the Land of 10...
Offline
Posted 1/31/11

kbch wrote:


vza004 wrote:

Nope, that's just you. Have you tried right clicking the video for options?


I just moved it to the favorites folder so I could watch it with Roku by using the favorites tab. How does one go about right clicking with Roku? I am pretty new here, and still have a lot to learn about how it all works. Still trying to figure out how to (easily) get to the favorites folder, and how to use Roku. (I would have thought there would be link from your personal page to your favorites folder, but if there is, I am blind)

Should you start to play it here, stop it after you've set any setup selections, then move it to favorites?

Thanks for any info.

Best Regards,
kbch


Didn't know you were using the Roku box. I thought you were using CR on your com.
Posted 1/31/11

vza004 wrote:

Didn't know you were using the Roku box. I thought you were using CR on your com.


Yeah, sorry about that. I should have been more clear. Heh, I will learn.

Thanks for the response.
kbch
Sailor Candy Moderator
200577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 1/14/13
OP nuked
locked
You must be logged in to post.