What is Currently the Best Hardware
59007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35
Offline
Posted 2/11/11
Hi all, I was hoping to get some guidance as to which hardware is currently the best for watching crunchyroll on.
(I really dont want to build a pc to hook my tv to as I want it all on 1 remote)
I am a premium member and would like to watch the premium content at high quality like I do with my pc.
Also I would perfer the input be HDMI.

So I am looking at:
Roku XD
Apple TV
Boxee Box

Opinions and comments welcome.
Posted 2/11/11 , edited 2/11/11
Get a good video card with an HDMI output and run it into your TV. Simple.

BUILD A PC, not all this other crap!
59007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35
Offline
Posted 2/11/11 , edited 2/11/11
Yes, I know that much, but I dont want to do that because I dont want to have a pc up there, and have to controll it with a wireless kb/mouse to navagate. I want something that I can just use a remote to control it. I know you can add a remote to a pc but it really dosnt help when you hit a login box for the site...

Besides these solutions are right around $100 each where the PC after all is said and done will be atleast $300 and as much as $1k if I want to go ultra mini.

Not that I am opposed to spending the money, but if $100 will do what I want, then why pay more.
Posted 2/11/11

fuzzylogic_y2k wrote:

Yes, I know that much, but I dont want to do that because I dont want to have a pc up there, and have to controll it with a wireless kb/mouse to navagate. I want something that I can just use a remote to control it. I know you can add a remote to a pc but it really dosnt help when you hit a login box for the site...

Besides these solutions are right around $100 each where the PC after all is said and done will be atleast $300 and as much as $1k if I want to go ultra mini.

Not that I am opposed to spending the money, but if $100 will do what I want, then why pay more.


I've heard Boxee works well, or you have the built in shit with Vizio TVs.
Posted 2/11/11 , edited 2/11/11
Here these links help versus me typing up their strengths and weaknesses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxxAz5asHLo -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiGjrTpe4Ak&feature=fvwrel - Apple TV (2nd Generation) 2010: Unboxing and Demo

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20018354-1.html - Roku XDS versus Apple TV: Round one
66778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Lagrange, KY
Offline
Posted 2/11/11

NE1469 wrote:

Get a good video card with an HDMI output and run it into your TV. Simple.

BUILD A PC, not all this other crap!


pretty much this or the roku box works well enough for cheap bastards like me.
Posted 2/11/11

Cecilthedarkknight234 wrote:


NE1469 wrote:

Get a good video card with an HDMI output and run it into your TV. Simple.

BUILD A PC, not all this other crap!


pretty much this or the roku box works well enough for cheap bastards like me.


Everybody is cheap today. With how connections are so fast on smart phones with 4G, we can stream crap that way instead of using anything else.
66778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Lagrange, KY
Offline
Posted 2/11/11

NE1469 wrote:


Cecilthedarkknight234 wrote:


NE1469 wrote:

Get a good video card with an HDMI output and run it into your TV. Simple.

BUILD A PC, not all this other crap!


pretty much this or the roku box works well enough for cheap bastards like me.


Everybody is cheap today. With how connections are so fast on smart phones with 4G, we can stream crap that way instead of using anything else.


well there is the fact i don't have the money for a 10ft hdmi cable, that cost more than the roku box go figure.
Posted 2/11/11

Cecilthedarkknight234 wrote:


NE1469 wrote:


Cecilthedarkknight234 wrote:


NE1469 wrote:

Get a good video card with an HDMI output and run it into your TV. Simple.

BUILD A PC, not all this other crap!


pretty much this or the roku box works well enough for cheap bastards like me.


Everybody is cheap today. With how connections are so fast on smart phones with 4G, we can stream crap that way instead of using anything else.


well there is the fact i don't have the money for a 10ft hdmi cable, that cost more than the roku box go figure.


Is it a Monster brand cable? Those cost a testicle or two.
Posted 2/11/11
This site has cheap HDMI cables and if you don't trust online shopping you can try the Philips brand... no mortgage for these cables and available at Wal-Mart.

http://www.mycablemart.com/store/cart.php?m=product_list&c=94
55291 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / The Fortress of A...
Offline
Posted 2/12/11
As long as you have a good internet connection I think any of them will be good, it'll depend more on the menu interface. I heard good and bad on all three.
You must be logged in to post.