First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
2011 anime trend?
197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 2/14/11
I've it feels like the plot of a lot of anime is being rushed,
I wish they'd go back to 26 episode animes
897 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 2/14/11

snowglobe-heroes wrote:

I've it feels like the plot of a lot of anime is being rushed,
I wish they'd go back to 26 episode animes


Animes do seem a lot shorter than they used to be. It seems like back in the 90's 26 episodes was the bare minimum for an anime and now its pretty much just 12 episodes for an anime aside from the major shounen animes and a few select others reaching 26.and even fewer reaching around 50. It works for some animes that are more like short stories but it really hurts others when they get cut short or things get cut out of the story to make it fit into a certain number of episodes.
63799 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / California
Offline
Posted 2/14/11
yes i like the 26+ episode animes.. but what i really like in those anime is the creativity the producers have to keep the series going like D gray man or Rounin Kenshin or even stuff like kekaishin.. the less filler the better i rather wait 3-4 weeks for a good episode than filler bs.

@cecil dude my point on the excessive use of fan service is ridiculous and yes we know what u mean. so if most of these toons are under 15 why the hell are they getting shots of them in their undies,camel toe,shower shots,etc. i'm not saying that stops me from enjoying certain animes But its a bad image in general is all i'm saying.
66778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Lagrange, KY
Offline
Posted 2/14/11
to sasuke it's proabably got to do with the fact that girls can marry at the age of 16 in japan with out parental consent and it also depends on the body type. Just because some says there 14-17 doesn't mean they look it, it is animation after all. There is a teacher in railgun/index that looks like she is 9 but she is 30. It dwells back on to the state of mind of people I suppose, I have suggested this before just look for and download/watch the censored broadcast. They usally censor out most of the stuff that you do not like which is why they put it in the dvd's/blurays for marketing and sale purposes because anime is expensive in japan "around 70-100 for a dvd or bluray with 2-3 epiodes a cd and or t-shirt" and the producers know who are going to buy there products which is why they do it. Other than that I don't really know what else to say, well I do the 1st animes that I ever watched hat had nudity was dragon ball and ranama 1 1/2
31344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 2/14/11

snowglobe-heroes wrote:

I've it feels like the plot of a lot of anime is being rushed,
I wish they'd go back to 26 episode animes


It's all subject to them wanting to take a chance on doing more than one season which for anime is around 12-13 episodes. Much of the time they don't bother because it's hard to keep an anime going for a long time and keep it interesting very few animes manage it. You get the odd ones that seem to go on forever and still be extemely popular like One Piece but much of the time a company doesn't have the resources to put out a long series because if it backfires they'd waste a ton of money they don;t really have to burn.
37753 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / an ethereal reality
Offline
Posted 2/14/11
Yep, I get sick of all the school-centered storylines too. I would like something to come along with a really intriguing, not-at-all-predictable plot once and a while. I haven't seen much of that lately. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy school-themed things too, just not fanservice... there's just WAY too much of it and not enough character depth.
47115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Arnold Maryland
Offline
Posted 2/14/11 , edited 2/14/11
I think our answers can come in 2 forms....for this I will talk about fanservice.

1. The actual LITERAL answer to your question as to why they use fan service is because it sells.

2. The actual MORAL part of it is because it just adds another flavor to the show. Grabs the entire crowd of people in. Plus as you guys say....its just a panty SHOT.....not an entire minute of pure staring at an underwear. If you cant take less than 5 seconds of a panty shot. Well.......good luck trying to find any fighting anime without females in them
108 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Offline
Posted 2/14/11 , edited 2/14/11
For these same exact reasons I've slowly stopped watching anime. The subjects are starting to get repetitive and the amount of substance is lacking these days. There is a lot of anime out there that has substance though, it's just a matter of whether you actually feel like taking the time to search and look.
Very few out the many good ones I've watched are coming to my mind but.... I recently finished Fantastic Children which was really good. Its from 2004 though.
Also Kodocha is a personal favorite of mine, sadly it's school related in a minimal sense (They are actually in elementary and it spans to their high school years) but not so generic and what your complaining about.
63799 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / California
Offline
Posted 2/14/11 , edited 2/14/11
lol alot of u guys are missing the part about excessive fan service.. yes we know about the grabbing of attention and what not and yes alot of us like it and yes it sells tons of animes But I am only hating on the abuse of it when its used on toons that look like 8 yr olds..HUGE nono. i get how they like making little kids look like adults but i feel its kinda sick after a certain extent.. especially when they are paired with guys who look like they are damn well over 20. it just tells u how sick some people really are.

if anyone here watched naruto the subs and the dubs you'd notice how they went to great lengths to re-design itachi's tsukuyomi animation when he used it on kakashi from removing the crucifix and making it a stone slab and i heard it was for religious reasons..
if u can edit something so trivial as a crucifix into a slab of stone on religious bull but not the excessive fanservice what kind of message are you sending out
.

i love action animes and i can speak for majority of people who responded to this topic that we do enjoy the occasional fan service every now and then. but is that all u want to see in an anime that is lets say 23 mins long? that every other minute you see a girl in undies or getting her clothes ripped off and you can see her nude? or when it gets to 12mins they have like a screen shot of one of the female toons and the next 2-6 seconds they have the same pic of her only with less clothing?

we all can clearly identify accidental stuff but i mean come on the rest are just a Tad bit excessive
so @superluccix if you say that those 2 points are the reason for most animes then they shouldn't be aired in the first place.. if most people are hooked to shows simply because of nudity then they should really get out more.

(edit)
But from what i've read so far i guess well to each his/her own. we can simply choose not to watch/share them cause when we look at the bigger picture is it sells, i may not necessarily find that alright but the other Xmillion who watch them might .

i didn't really post this thread to start a crusade against fan service or school themed anime i was just disappointed on how the majority of the 2011 releases had something to do with school.
431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Minnesota,USA
Offline
Posted 2/14/11
OK since anime is yes centered around high school really i dont see too much of a problem some of us are in high school while others are remembering their high school days theres no problem i think u should just not be so demanding
431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Minnesota,USA
Offline
Posted 2/14/11
oh ya and Darker Than Black isnt centered around high school and is really great if u need something good to watch
3064 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Pilipinas
Offline
Posted 2/14/11
because these things sells...

research is really important...
1021 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M
Offline
Posted 2/14/11
I'm really not sure what to make of it when a bleach fan rails against 'fan service'.

In any case I suggest Macross, all of them. I believe there's only the original series officially adapted into English, but it's a good story with perhaps the best female protagonist I've seen.
63799 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / California
Offline
Posted 2/14/11

samlee555 wrote:

oh ya and Darker Than Black isnt centered around high school and is really great if u need something good to watch


seen all the episodes they've released. it was pretty damn good too ;D
431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Minnesota,USA
Offline
Posted 2/14/11

sasukeMS wrote:


samlee555 wrote:

oh ya and Darker Than Black isnt centered around high school and is really great if u need something good to watch


seen all the episodes they've released. it was pretty damn good too ;D


god i love that show
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.