• Don't know what to watch? Try a random show!
First  Prev  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  Next  Last
Post Reply Is being single or in a relationship better?
179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/2/15
Okay with both, but beeeeeeeeeen single for the past 3 years, after a while it becomes Trivial. On odd days I feel the need to settle down, but then I remember, oh that sounds tedious.
Yang08 
5373 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 2/3/15
In all honesty, I think I prefer being single. My bed has more room. I do not have to hear the constant snoring again and there isn't that constant tugging on me when he wants to snuggle (that really drives me nuts when I just want to sleep). No nagging or picking up clothes that are littered all over the floor. The constant phone calls in the middle of the night to bring him food during his lunch break.

Yup I'm good being single. I like my sleep. I like being left alone doing my own thing.
202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 2/3/15 , edited 2/3/15
Either has its benefits, really. Sometimes I miss doing stuff my own way, but honestly it's not all that important at the end of the day.

I'm stoked to be in my relationship. Sure, it has it's problems and sometimes I feel so frustrated with him but the good outweighs the bad. I waited a long time to be with "the one" and I think it's worth it. Even if he doesn't know how to work the washing machine. XD
12369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hell
Offline
Posted 2/3/15 , edited 2/11/15
Reading this post and the people in them made me realize something, my generation are a bunch of rejects.

There is no "better" It depends on many different and complicated factors, what works for someone, will not work for everyone, therefore, this question is mute, and should have never been asked in the first place.

People who've experienced bad relationships tend to have nasty bit of bias towards romantic relationships (like my sister, and mother), therefore their opinions are also mute, because they have lingering biases that could sway their opinions in a negative direction.

The same could be said for people who've experience that rare connection to someone special, they will think that relationships are the best thing since slice bread, even though that's rarely the case.

Relationships takes two to tango, if both of you are not the same page, it's not going work out, doesn't take a genius to know this.

If you're a hedonist or a promiscuous person, you shouldn't commit your self to a monogamous relationship.

If you're in to monogamy like me, then that kind of relationship may be for you. Though again, that's still a black and white way of looking at things on my part as it's still far more complicated than that.

We have about 7 billion people on this planet, therefore, you have 7 billion possible outcomes.

There is no way to answer a question like this, opinions are not facts, and there are no facts on this subject, as it is subjective.

25627 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/4/15

Is being single or in a relationship better?


Yes.
5135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 2/4/15
you will always want what u dont have! if ur in a relationship u will want to be single and if ur single u will want to be in a relationship

of course sometimes u will be happy with what u got
24691 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Cocoon
Offline
Posted 2/4/15
Single. There's no logic in wasting your time, money or emotions on something as pointless as a relationship.
8433 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 2/4/15

saksiss wrote:

Single. There's no logic in wasting your time, money or emotions on something as pointless as a relationship.


Someone just got dumped. I'm here for you (つ▀¯▀)つ
24691 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Cocoon
Offline
Posted 2/4/15 , edited 2/4/15

UltimateGOKUX wrote:


saksiss wrote:

Single. There's no logic in wasting your time, money or emotions on something as pointless as a relationship.


Someone just got dumped. I'm here for you (つ▀¯▀)つ


Well actually it's been 2 years since I last dated. I've dated a total of four females in my life and it was enough to simply make me say "that's enough, I'm not going to burden myself with dating anymore." There's just no upside to it and I'd prefer to invest my life into something more useful than bending over backwards to please another human being. Thanks for the sentiment though.
944 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Online
Posted 2/4/15

saksiss wrote:


UltimateGOKUX wrote:


saksiss wrote:

Single. There's no logic in wasting your time, money or emotions on something as pointless as a relationship.


Someone just got dumped. I'm here for you (つ▀¯▀)つ


Well actually it's been 2 years since I last dated. I've dated a total of four females in my life and it was enough to simply make me say "that's enough, I'm not going to burden myself with dating anymore." There's just no upside to it and I'd prefer to invest my life into something more useful than bending over backwards to please another human being. Thanks for the sentiment though.


You are always in relationships until you are homeless and hoping for some fleeting relationship to give you some change.

Relationships are unselfish, a good one is generous while understanding that people need their own thing. You have no business being in one until you get that much.

You don't have to devote yourself to bending over backwards. It's just sometimes you have to bend over backwards, sometimes people are bending over backwards for you. Appreciate it and I won't hate your guts when you say I didn't do enough for you.

Have you tried bending over backwards? It hurts at first but eventually you get real stretchy like Dhalsim.
24691 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Cocoon
Offline
Posted 2/4/15 , edited 2/4/15

morechunch wrote:


saksiss wrote:


UltimateGOKUX wrote:


saksiss wrote:

Single. There's no logic in wasting your time, money or emotions on something as pointless as a relationship.


Someone just got dumped. I'm here for you (つ▀¯▀)つ


Well actually it's been 2 years since I last dated. I've dated a total of four females in my life and it was enough to simply make me say "that's enough, I'm not going to burden myself with dating anymore." There's just no upside to it and I'd prefer to invest my life into something more useful than bending over backwards to please another human being. Thanks for the sentiment though.


You are always in relationships until you are homeless and hoping for some fleeting relationship to give you some change.

Relationships are unselfish, a good one is generous while understanding that people need their own thing. You have no business being in one until you get that much.

You don't have to devote yourself to bending over backwards. It's just sometimes you have to bend over backwards, sometimes people are bending over backwards for you. Appreciate it and I won't hate your guts when you say I didn't do enough for you.

Have you tried bending over backwards? It hurts at first but eventually you get real stretchy like Dhalsim.


Well I still see absolutely no reason as to why people spend their whole lives trying to get into a relationship. We're all going to die some day and it's not like our relationships are going to pass over into the afterlife. We're born only for ourselves and we die for ourselves, I don't see why the time we spend living should consist of trying to connect with other people on THAT level. I'm not hating on those who think otherwise, but it all just seems pointless to me. You can hate my guts if you please but it's never concerned me in the past with other people.

So really, just to sum it all up. WHY does everybody feel the need to be with somebody?
13536 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Brockton
Online
Posted 2/4/15
I rather had a harem or be in the harem. AKA polygamy.
1273 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/4/15

Ikiryoh_Nam wrote:

for all the girls out there.. let me tell you guys something, 89% of guys going for a girl or asking them out, they will sweet talk and nice and stuff... once you become his girlfriend, he'll start changing into another person... maybe you guys will disagree with me, not sure if it a asian thing but i see alot and i use to be one of those in highschool


You are right but sometimes you get to see the person's true colors perhaps someone who is seems cold and cruel can be the sweetest and nice guy you've met.....
944 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Online
Posted 2/4/15 , edited 2/4/15

saksiss wrote:


morechunch wrote:


saksiss wrote:


UltimateGOKUX wrote:


saksiss wrote:

Single. There's no logic in wasting your time, money or emotions on something as pointless as a relationship.


Someone just got dumped. I'm here for you (つ▀¯▀)つ


Well actually it's been 2 years since I last dated. I've dated a total of four females in my life and it was enough to simply make me say "that's enough, I'm not going to burden myself with dating anymore." There's just no upside to it and I'd prefer to invest my life into something more useful than bending over backwards to please another human being. Thanks for the sentiment though.


You are always in relationships until you are homeless and hoping for some fleeting relationship to give you some change.

Relationships are unselfish, a good one is generous while understanding that people need their own thing. You have no business being in one until you get that much.

You don't have to devote yourself to bending over backwards. It's just sometimes you have to bend over backwards, sometimes people are bending over backwards for you. Appreciate it and I won't hate your guts when you say I didn't do enough for you.

Have you tried bending over backwards? It hurts at first but eventually you get real stretchy like Dhalsim.


Well I still see absolutely no reason as to why people spend their whole lives trying to get into a relationship. We're all going to die some day and it's not like our relationships are going to pass over into the afterlife. We're born only for ourselves and we die for ourselves, I don't see why the time we spend living should consist of trying to connect with other people on THAT level. I'm not hating on those who think otherwise, but it all just seems pointless to me. You can hate my guts if you please but it's never concerned me in the past with other people.

So really, just to sum it all up. WHY does everybody feel the need to be with somebody?


I agree that the average person doesn't think about it, the answer is in WHY?

My grandma recently told me it was ok for me to be gay, I'm 27 and I don't have a girlfriend, she is confused.

I'm pissed about it on some level, being straight, but on another outdated plane, I have experience that my very wise grandmother does not have. Love you, Nana, but you're wrong no matter what I say next.

The women I'm attracted to today are not my grandma. Women are not girlfriends or wives for the picking, I'm not so naive as that and I never will be.

I've found my best bet is to treat the girls I do like as "ladies." I say Lady as if I've been knighted, but God damn if you don't need to know the girl first to be knightly.

You're not wrong, you're just under pressure. I will literally be an uncle tomorrow, I too am under some crazy pressure that I don't understand.

Overwhelmed, as it were.
4046 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/10/15

DarkFrostX wrote:

Reading this post and the people in them made me realize something, my generation are a bunch of rejects.

There is no "better" It depends on many different and complicated factors, what works for someone, will not work for everyone, therefore, this question is mute, and should have never been asked in the first place.

People who've experienced bad relationships tend to have nasty bit of biases towards romantic relationships (like my sister, and mother), therefore their opinions are also mute, because they have lingering biases that could sway their opinions in a negative direction.

The same could be said for people who've experience that rare connection to someone special, they will think that relationships are the best thing since slice bread, even though that's rarely the case.

Relationships takes two to tango, if both of you are not the same page, it's not going work out, doesn't take a genius to know this.

If you're hedonist, or promiscuous, you shouldn't commit your self to a Monogamous relationship.

If you're in to monogamy like me, then that relationship may be for you, though again, that's still a black and white way of looking at things on my part as it's still far more complicated than that.

We have about 7 billion people on this planet, therefore, you have 7 billion possible outcomes.

There is no way to answer a question like this, opinions are not facts, and there are no facts on this subject, as it is subjective.



You've hit the dragons nail on the head. The answer to the question is completely subjective.

Perhaps, the question would be better suited to everyone as self reflection? Then, the question is no longer mute.
First  Prev  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.