• Don't know what to watch? Try a random show!
First  Prev  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  Next  Last
Post Reply Is being single or in a relationship better?
67000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 2/11/15
I do not have enough experience to really answer. However, based on observations, single is better hands down.
12369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hell
Offline
Posted 2/11/15 , edited 2/11/15

saksiss wrote:


morechunch wrote:


saksiss wrote:


UltimateGOKUX wrote:


saksiss wrote:

Single. There's no logic in wasting your time, money or emotions on something as pointless as a relationship.


Someone just got dumped. I'm here for you (つ▀¯▀)つ


Well actually it's been 2 years since I last dated. I've dated a total of four females in my life and it was enough to simply make me say "that's enough, I'm not going to burden myself with dating anymore." There's just no upside to it and I'd prefer to invest my life into something more useful than bending over backwards to please another human being. Thanks for the sentiment though.


You are always in relationships until you are homeless and hoping for some fleeting relationship to give you some change.

Relationships are unselfish, a good one is generous while understanding that people need their own thing. You have no business being in one until you get that much.

You don't have to devote yourself to bending over backwards. It's just sometimes you have to bend over backwards, sometimes people are bending over backwards for you. Appreciate it and I won't hate your guts when you say I didn't do enough for you.

Have you tried bending over backwards? It hurts at first but eventually you get real stretchy like Dhalsim.


Well I still see absolutely no reason as to why people spend their whole lives trying to get into a relationship. We're all going to die some day and it's not like our relationships are going to pass over into the afterlife. We're born only for ourselves and we die for ourselves, I don't see why the time we spend living should consist of trying to connect with other people on THAT level. I'm not hating on those who think otherwise, but it all just seems pointless to me. You can hate my guts if you please but it's never concerned me in the past with other people.

So really, just to sum it all up. WHY does everybody feel the need to be with somebody?


The best response to a rant like this is "you have not met the right person yet, and you probably never will".

I think this entire topic is pointless.
To me, when anyone asks a question about something being better I just sigh, because the word "better" is highly subjective on most things.

Listen to what you wrote "WHY does everybody feel the need to be with somebody?"
I ask my self this sometimes, yet it's the opposite, "why does anyone feel the need to be single?" obviously i'm in the majority, but I have many reasons why being in a relationship is better for me than not being in one.
For me, I'm introverted, long conversations with a group of people can be tiring, and conversing with more than one person about my life is not really for me, because of that I have a limited amount of true friends. Having someone I can share these experiences and memories with are more fulfilling to me.

Traveling
Learning
Exploring
Conversing
Intimacy

These things for me are better shared in a monogamous relationship.
I can't do the sleeping around thing, i'm very particular and clean, swapping bodily fluids with a stranger would make me vomit, but kudos to the men who can do that, not for me, don't care how hot the lady is.

Again, this i my personal view on the subject, I rather be in this kind of relationship, though I'm not naive, I know most people's romances are not as clear cut as mines and that everyone has different reasons as to why they're in any kind of romantic relationship, because we're all different, having differing needs and wants.

As for your "bending over" statement, I call that compromise. Compromising is not just mutually exclusive to romantic occurrences, it's also present in friendships, parenthood, and even on the job.

It brings me back to a statement in my earlier rant, "it takes two to tango" if both are you are not on the same page, and one of you are always the one "bending over" then you will have a problem.
21075 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 2/11/15
I have only been single, so I am not sure. But when I do, I hope she will be Japanese
8051 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 2/11/15
It depends on whether you're single or in a relationship.

When you're single, being in a relationship is better.

When you're in a relationship, being single is better.


LOL ok kidding. Seriously, it's neither! You need to find happiness no matter what the situation.
PauPow 
17078 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 2/11/15 , edited 2/11/15
I've been in a relationship for almost 9 years and I'm happy but... I do agree that is better being alone that in an unhealthy relationship (abusive). I've seen many couples around me that are unhappy and they just stay together because they don't want to be alone. Don't be in a relationship if you don't want to because that's just cheating or ugly break up waiting to happen. I've seen that so many times...
12369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hell
Offline
Posted 2/11/15

rudedude3007 wrote:

I have only been single, so I am not sure. But when I do, I hope she will be Japanese


They are amazing mate trust me.
17359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Long Island
Offline
Posted 2/11/15 , edited 2/13/15
I think it depends on the person, I've always been single and never good at talking to people. I'm very introverted so I cherish the time I can spend alone, having to set aside time for someone else seems like a burden more than anything to me. Who knows, maybe I'll meet someone who will change my mind, but for now I like having my free time to myself.
470 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Surrey, UK
Offline
Posted 2/11/15
This is entirely dependent on the person in question. Some people may be better off in a relationship for whatever reason and others may be better off single, again, for whatever reason. I've only ever had one semi-serious relationship in my entire life and been single for the vast majority of my life. Do I want to have a relationship? Of course. I'm not desperate for one however and I doubt there will be much difference between my current life and one where i'm in a relationship.

The only difference is that I will have someone to spend a large amount of time with.
148 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 2/11/15
To me being in a relationship involves prioritizing that other person over myself, which I would never do. So I find a balance where the both parties can be happy while still prioritizing myself. "Your happiness is my happiness. Thus it helps me for you to be happy." and such drivel.
111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 2/11/15 , edited 2/11/15
Being single is nice but being in a relationship is probably better. Idk I have like 0 experience with relationships seeing as I've only been in 1 for like a week and a half...
21499 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Australia
Offline
Posted 2/11/15
That's extremely subjective and circumstantial. If you're in an abusive relationship, of course it's better to be single. If you enjoy the feeling of having a significant other to share your life with and you meet someone lovely, then of course it's better to be in a relationship.

One misconception I see a majority of people falling for is that being single/in a relationship will change your life to drastic extents. It will change your life - someone who may not have been there before now is, or someone who was there before is now gone - but you can't base your happiness completely around another person.

Being single won't make you any more free, spirited, open minded or determined than you were before and being in a relationship won't suddenly wash away all your troubles, rid you of all your insecurities and doubts or fix why you're unhappy. All of that lies within yourself, not another person. That's how a lot of unhealthy relationships are spawned.
41729 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Seattle
Online
Posted 2/11/15 , edited 2/13/15
Well, it's different depending on the individual. For me, being single is better since I'm socially awkward and that being in a relationship means prioritizing my partner, which I am not exactly willing to do.
16629 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 2/11/15
I'm pretty sure live is meant to be shared with someone you love and could spend the rest of your life with. But for the most part you just get to watch the people you like get taken and the people you though like turn on you. I'd say being in a relationship is better but I'm a male.
563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Huntsville
Offline
Posted 2/12/15
It depends rather you're single or an a relationship. I have been single throughout my life so, I wouldn't know everything about love, sex, and relationships.
5743 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21
Offline
Posted 2/12/15
I've been single for around a year now and most of the fun times I've ever had was being single.
Being with someone does certainly make me happy but being single with other single friends just having a bunch of stupid fun is better than being in a relationship with someone that doesn't let you do dumb, albeit fun, shit.
First  Prev  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.