Encounter " amnesia"?
23189 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / Mabuhay! Philippi...
Offline
Posted 2/21/11
Amnesia is a lost of memory, medical state different kind of case on it..
Is anyone been encounter or know or heard someone who been into amnesia case? i just wondering if it is really happen for real...i know it only through watching dramas. Just c curious about it
Delete it if it is duplicated..
41838 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Yakima Valley...WA
Offline
Posted 2/22/11
I want amnesia...
Posted 2/22/11
It would be fun to come up with a name for myself.
Posted 2/22/11
Lol all the time xD
69382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Going crazy.
Offline
Posted 2/22/11
Wish I could forget all the anime I have ever watched. So I can watch it all again like it was the very first time. (^_^)
Posted 3/31/11
Not to spoil the fun, but amnesia happens rarely. Dramas and movies are tools of hyperbole. But HECK YEAH! Sometimes, I just want to forget about EVERY LITTLE THING!
Posted 3/31/11

LoveNEWS wrote:

Not to spoil the fun, but amnesia happens rarely. Dramas and movies are tools of hyperbole. But HECK YEAH! Sometimes, I just want to forget about EVERY LITTLE THING!


No, you don't. How can you say that? How will you know not having anything to remember will make you happy or free of responsibility? You would use it as a means of escape, despicable. No, despicable isn't even the fraction of the disgust I feel right now.

Amnesia is a sad, horrid thing to live through. It takes many years to recover from and even then you are picking up the bits and pieces you missed. Some pieces and fragments of those memories can never be found. Would you disregard all of your memories up to this point that easily disposed of? Are they that worthless? You need to treasure life a little more highly because it can end rather quickly, and then you'll have nothing.

Media tends to dramatize memory loss and that is understandable, since it can easily be used as a means to tell or create suspense or characterization within a story. However in real life, as you pointed out, isn't nearly that frivolous.

Not to spoil your fun, but amnesia can destroy your identity. It puts you into a state of surreality that makes you live in a stasis, a life you forgot about. A life you need to re-learn. Sounds fun doesn't it? No, because you don't get to choose which memories stay or which ones go; in fact what is really stopping them from all leaving your mind, turning you into little more then a puppet with a conscious?

You comprehend yet? Amnesia isn't an escape. It's a prison you adapt to and never really learn to escape from until further down the road. Amnesia also affects other people around you, the people important to you. The people you forgot. The people that may never be the same.

Be careful what you want and wish for.
Posted 3/31/11
One time I got kicked in the head and got bad concussion I didn't know where I was for about 10 minutes. My Sensei kept calling my name while I was down and tapping my cheeks but I was like "Who's Rina?"
59084 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Tacodome
Offline
Posted 3/31/11

Lauriet wrote:


LoveNEWS wrote:

Not to spoil the fun, but amnesia happens rarely. Dramas and movies are tools of hyperbole. But HECK YEAH! Sometimes, I just want to forget about EVERY LITTLE THING!


No, you don't. How can you say that? How will you know not having anything to remember will make you happy or free of responsibility? You would use it as a means of escape, despicable. No, despicable isn't even the fraction of the disgust I feel right now.

Amnesia is a sad, horrid thing to live through. It takes many years to recover from and even then you are picking up the bits and pieces you missed. Some pieces and fragments of those memories can never be found. Would you disregard all of your memories up to this point that easily disposed of? Are they that worthless? You need to treasure life a little more highly because it can end rather quickly, and then you'll have nothing.

Media tends to dramatize memory loss and that is understandable, since it can easily be used as a means to tell or create suspense or characterization within a story. However in real life, as you pointed out, isn't nearly that frivolous.

Not to spoil your fun, but amnesia can destroy your identity. It puts you into a state of surreality that makes you live in a stasis, a life you forgot about. A life you need to re-learn. Sounds fun doesn't it? No, because you don't get to choose which memories stay or which ones go; in fact what is really stopping them from all leaving your mind, turning you into little more then a puppet with a conscious?

You comprehend yet? Amnesia isn't an escape. It's a prison you adapt to and never really learn to escape from until further down the road. Amnesia also affects other people around you, the people important to you. The people you forgot. The people that may never be the same.

Be careful what you want and wish for.


Wow, freak out much? Seriously, it is a terrible thing to have happen but not everybody turns out as bad as you envision. I'd wager you are just as unlikely as anyone else here to have experienced or even know someone that has experienced it.
Now, don't get me wrong. I saw a video on the BBC that showed a man with EXTREME memory loss due to an accident. He literally couldn't remember past the last 5 seconds or so. Something like amnesia is only what one makes of it. Perhaps a way to make a fresh start, perhaps a living hell. It would all depend on the person. For example my mother works at a alzheimers/dementia ward where the people there barely remember their names let alone someone else's. Me, that sounds like hell on earth. Yet somehow my mother sees the other end of the spectrum. Each day is a new start. And strangely enough, the people were like that. some just freaked out while others came into it with a fresh curiosity each day.
Seriously, though. get off your soap box. It's an anime forum ffs.
Posted 3/31/11

Lauriet wrote:


LoveNEWS wrote:

Not to spoil the fun, but amnesia happens rarely. Dramas and movies are tools of hyperbole. But HECK YEAH! Sometimes, I just want to forget about EVERY LITTLE THING!


No, you don't. How can you say that? How will you know not having anything to remember will make you happy or free of responsibility? You would use it as a means of escape, despicable. No, despicable isn't even the fraction of the disgust I feel right now.

Amnesia is a sad, horrid thing to live through. It takes many years to recover from and even then you are picking up the bits and pieces you missed. Some pieces and fragments of those memories can never be found. Would you disregard all of your memories up to this point that easily disposed of? Are they that worthless? You need to treasure life a little more highly because it can end rather quickly, and then you'll have nothing.

Media tends to dramatize memory loss and that is understandable, since it can easily be used as a means to tell or create suspense or characterization within a story. However in real life, as you pointed out, isn't nearly that frivolous.

Not to spoil your fun, but amnesia can destroy your identity. It puts you into a state of surreality that makes you live in a stasis, a life you forgot about. A life you need to re-learn. Sounds fun doesn't it? No, because you don't get to choose which memories stay or which ones go; in fact what is really stopping them from all leaving your mind, turning you into little more then a puppet with a conscious?

You comprehend yet? Amnesia isn't an escape. It's a prison you adapt to and never really learn to escape from until further down the road. Amnesia also affects other people around you, the people important to you. The people you forgot. The people that may never be the same.

Be careful what you want and wish for.


Yes, I just did. How can I say that? Hmm...because I do want to forget things. I dislike my life and everytime I try to forget something, I can't. I do the scary things to leave this world. I know that that is something selfish of me and I know that it really scarrs those surrounding me, but what about me? Why can't I favor myself for once? There is not one single time where I got to smile truly; fake smiling hurts! TRULY HURTS. Correct, I don't get to choose what I don't want and what I want for amnesia and it is a depressing and scary thing. It really can destroy many people around me because of amnesia. Rather though, I am selfish and pessimistic and you probably figured that out just from reading this.
Buahahah! Just joking. I am sincerely sorry for making that up. *bows down*
Thank you for reassuring my life and caring about my own benefits. I appreciate it! Oh, and thanks for opening my eyes because I totally forgot about all of the ones around me; see? pessimism right there; idiot, right? And you made it funner for me because I actually thought for a second. THANK YOU! *hugs* I was pretty irrational there too....hmm....anyway, thanks again! <333
---*Even though I understand you completely and appreciate you for that, I am still curious: were you really taking it literally? I was just joking about actually wanting amnesia (oh and the terrible life I have)...O.o
What if I don't believe in wishes too? O.o
Posted 3/31/11 , edited 3/31/11
The only time I encounter people who have amnesia are from anime and fiction related stuff
19863 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
69 / M / Limbo
Offline
Posted 3/31/11
I got into a skateboarding accident when I was younger and when I woke up from my concussion I couldn't remember anything from two days prior.
1451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Vancouver, Canada
Offline
Posted 3/31/11
all you need is a lot of beers
Posted 3/31/11


true. I've never experienced it, or know anyone that has. However you miss the purpose of my verbal wailing. It was all emphasized around the losing of identity and perceptual living. No memories =/= fun. I also very seriously meant it when I said I found it outright disgusting when people would use something like amnesia to be free of responsibility. Regardless of the person joking or not. (To be fair, I did freak out. Because I'm naturally a pissy person. But it might have been averted with the usage of emoitcons.)

I think amnesia is a very bad thing, because humans need identity. I also suggest you to use less ad hominem in proving a point. As much as I'm helping my case, it isn't helping your's.
You must be logged in to post.