First  Prev  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  Next  Last
Polygamy
11704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 6/6/08

timo_vanhalen wrote:


Katorulez93 wrote:

to a person with religion there are a few things wrong with your statement. your right about those 2 things but therez one more to be tested to be in heaven again. and i wouldnt go a far to say get as many women pregnant as you can but to get a woman pregnant yes. Also im no animal. Animals cant control themselves and arent close to being as smart as humans. animals are peons to us. Also its not the nature of men to have sex with a ton of women, maybe you believe that it should be that way but its not. yes some men cheat or have sex a lot with different women but to most people the nature of men is to get settled with a woman and have sex with HER, not 50 other women


Let me ask you, do you really think that humans are not animals? Humans, after all, are mammals.

Apes, monkeys or any mammals are considered by you as animals, right?

Seeing that we humans are in the same species as those "animals", ergo, we can say that we are like them. That we are still ANIMALS.


animals are peons to us.


True, seeing that humans are more intellectually developed than that of our other animal brethren, we can say that we possess a modest advantage over other animals. This, however, does not excuse us from our primal instincts. A man, however cultured he may be, will still heed to his primal nature when the need arises. You cannot change that fact. Even the holiest of men, cannot suppress their urge. They can ignore it all they want, but it will still be there. You know why? Because we are still human, therefore we are animals, being animals, we are still subject to carnal desires. Don't tell me you have never thought carnal thoughts ever before, if you say you don't, I cannot take you seriously because you are obviously lying.



to a person with religion there are a few things wrong with your statement.


This is why I can't deal with religious zealots such as you. You see, Religion was established long ago by man who felt that people lacked a sense to think for their own. They thought that humankind could not determine for themselves the difference of right and wrong. Hence they established their own ideals through teachings and deities. Sure that may have helped long ago.. (Well, not really. Inquisitions, etc), but nowadays, we could now see things much clearly. Through science or whatever method, we can render those teachings obsolete. Religion today, is nothing but ramblings told by long, ignorant men.

However, some people still take comfort in the fact of there being a religion that tells them what to do. You know why? Because they are a afraid to think for themselves.

The Church, no, religion in general, has always been the prime enemy of moral growth. I expect you not to understand that. You are still very naive in your thoughts and hopefully you would mature enough to understand that.



we might me mammals but we arent animals, we are LIKE them.Plus you obviously didnt read wat i said bc i said the nature of most men is to have control over their urges, i didnt say nto to have sex at all. i never said i was *religious* i said to a person who is to them your statement would be wrong. Also thats nto why religion was created. You obviously need to do more studying on that subject, tho im sure you wont and im sure you'll disagree with me, but when you do at least try to have proof that your statement is right. its ok if you dont considering there is none.Religion by the way doesnt have ppl who cant think for themselves, religion is their beliefs, their religion is wat they think. It makes me laugh to hear you bring up the word mature since you said men are created to have sex with any woman in sight.
375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Philippines. aka...
Offline
Posted 6/6/08

Katorulez93 wrote:

we might me mammals but we arent animals, we are LIKE them.Plus you obviously didnt read wat i said bc i said the nature of most men is to have control over their urges, i didnt say nto to have sex at all. i never said i was *religious* i said to a person who is to them your statement would be wrong. Also thats nto why religion was created. You obviously need to do more studying on that subject, tho im sure you wont and im sure you'll disagree with me, but when you do at least try to have proof that your statement is right. its ok if you dont considering there is none.Religion by the way doesnt have ppl who cant think for themselves, religion is their beliefs, their religion is wat they think. It makes me laugh to hear you bring up the word mature since you said men are created to have sex with any woman in sight.



You obviously need to do more studying on that subject


I'm getting tired talking about religion. It's not worth my time. But let me tell something though. I, personally, used to believe in God. I was your typical Christian. I went to Mass every Sunday. I believed in Jesus' teachings. I honestly thought that religion was my guiding way. All my life childhood life, from kindergarten, to high school, I have spent in a Catholic school. We had subjects teaching about God. In my senior year, our teacher was a philosophy graduate specializing on why we should believe in God. So please, don't try and say to me that I am ignorant when it comes to religion. Unlike you though, I questioned it my religion, unfathomable as that may seem. Which I believe you should yourself. Even Jesus questioned God.

I won't try and convince you that there is no God (and there are literally thousands of reasons why if you try and look hard enough). I also won't bother telling you to drop your religion. Because that would make me an Atheist, which I am not. I simply want to challenge you to try and have your own free mind. Try thinking for yourself. It's really a long path to actual self-realization, I merely wanted you to understand that. Trust me, most of the people I know, even my family, are just like you. When it comes religion, you automatically think it is taboo to speak against it. You blindly follow your religion and allow it to lead your life without question, which you should be doing by your own free will. You do not understand the context of your religion.


It makes me laugh to hear you bring up the word mature since you said men are created to have sex with any woman in sight.


Don't patronize me. Normally, I would have flamed the hell out of you, since you sound so damn condescending. But that would make me "immature", wouldn't it?

I never said that you should have sex with all the women available. I was just trying to say that it is in our nature to do so. It was obviously you who has mistook my point.


we might me mammals but we arent animals, we are LIKE them.


You are so naive. Do you actually refuse the idea that we are not animals? I don't know if you learned this from your science class (which I presume you did not), but mammals fall under the ANIMAL KINGDOM. Yes, we are humans, but we are still animals.

It would have made more sense if you argued the point that humans have a sense of morality if compared to that of our less intelligent animal brethren. Though even if you said that, does it mean that the earliest cavemen were not humans? They, after all, had no sense of morality whatsoever.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that you are a MAN, you DO have sexual desires, no point in trying to deny that. Which, in fact, is a good attitude to have. I make no excuses for my desires. Yes, you can suppress those desires, and I never told you that you could not. What I want you to understand though, is that since we have so much of these urges, it only means that we should use it as much as possible.

If your God wanted you to have sex only when necessary, he would not have made it so tempting and hard to resist. If he really wanted you to just have sex with one person, then he would have only made you attracted to only one person. But that is impossible. It is a fact that humans were made to replicate and survive, just as you believe your religion is there to guide you with asinine and inane teachings. That means that since replicating and survival is our reason for existence, then we must do so accordingly, and not let outside factors such religion, media or whatever to hinder you from you truly are made for.

If you want to have sex with only one person, fine. But saying that you cannot have sex with more than one person is ignorant. If you want to follow your religion, it is understandable, just don't tell me that it is wrong to put my cock in a multitude of vagina because the Bible told me not to.
11704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 6/6/08

timo_vanhalen wrote:


Katorulez93 wrote:

we might me mammals but we arent animals, we are LIKE them.Plus you obviously didnt read wat i said bc i said the nature of most men is to have control over their urges, i didnt say nto to have sex at all. i never said i was *religious* i said to a person who is to them your statement would be wrong. Also thats nto why religion was created. You obviously need to do more studying on that subject, tho im sure you wont and im sure you'll disagree with me, but when you do at least try to have proof that your statement is right. its ok if you dont considering there is none.Religion by the way doesnt have ppl who cant think for themselves, religion is their beliefs, their religion is wat they think. It makes me laugh to hear you bring up the word mature since you said men are created to have sex with any woman in sight.



You obviously need to do more studying on that subject


I'm getting tired talking about religion. It's not worth my time. But let me tell something though. I, personally, used to believe in God. I was your typical Christian. I went to Mass every Sunday. I believed in Jesus' teachings. I honestly thought that religion was my guiding way. All my life childhood life, from kindergarten, to high school, I have spent in a Catholic school. We had subjects teaching about God. In my senior year, our teacher was a philosophy graduate specializing on why we should believe in God. So please, don't try and say to me that I am ignorant when it comes to religion. Unlike you though, I questioned it my religion, unfathomable as that may seem. Which I believe you should yourself. Even Jesus questioned God.

I won't try and convince you that there is no God (and there are literally thousands of reasons why if you try and look hard enough). I also won't bother telling you to drop your religion. Because that would make me an Atheist, which I am not. I simply want to challenge you to try and have your own free mind. Try thinking for yourself. It's really a long path to actual self-realization, I merely wanted you to understand that. Trust me, most of the people I know, even my family, are just like you. When it comes religion, you automatically think it is taboo to speak against it. You blindly follow your religion and allow it to lead your life without question, which you should be doing by your own free will. You do not understand the context of your religion.


It makes me laugh to hear you bring up the word mature since you said men are created to have sex with any woman in sight.


Don't patronize me. Normally, I would have flamed the hell out of you, since you sound so damn condescending. But that would make me "immature", wouldn't it?

I never said that you should have sex with all the women available. I was just trying to say that it is in our nature to do so. It was obviously you who has mistook my point.


we might me mammals but we arent animals, we are LIKE them.


You are so naive. Do you actually refuse the idea that we are not animals? I don't know if you learned this from your science class (which I presume you did not), but mammals fall under the ANIMAL KINGDOM. Yes, we are humans, but we are still animals.

It would have made more sense if you argued the point that humans have a sense of morality if compared to that of our less intelligent animal brethren. Though even if you said that, does it mean that the earliest cavemen were not humans? They, after all, had no sense of morality whatsoever.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that you are a MAN, you DO have sexual desires, no point in trying to deny that. Which, in fact, is a good attitude to have. I make no excuses for my desires. Yes, you can suppress those desires, and I never told you that you could not. What I want you to understand though, is that since we have so much of these urges, it only means that we should use it as much as possible.

If your God wanted you to have sex only when necessary, he would not have made it so tempting and hard to resist. If he really wanted you to just have sex with one person, then he would have only made you attracted to only one person. But that is impossible. It is a fact that humans were made to replicate and survive, just as you believe your religion is there to guide you with asinine and inane teachings. That means that since replicating and survival is our reason for existence, then we must do so accordingly, and not let outside factors such religion, media or whatever to hinder you from you truly are made for.

If you want to have sex with only one person, fine. But saying that you cannot have sex with more than one person is ignorant. If you want to follow your religion, it is understandable, just don't tell me that it is wrong to put my cock in a multitude of vagina because the Bible told me not to.



lol i didnt bother to read that animal part, i will later tho. i just woke up when i first quoted you an dim to tired to read everything. I do think for myself tho. i think for myself 100%. The bible and religion gives me the ability to think for myself. i use the teachings and the knowledge i know fromt hose 2 things and use it bc i agree with it. thats wats religion is, not something to control you but its something you believe with and you agree with it. Oh and if you read the bible you'd know that jesus didnt question his father. he knew his father to be perfect and so he lived by his father's example
2693 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / guess where
Offline
Posted 6/6/08
polygamy sounds a little too complicated for me...it's better to have just one spouse cuz if u have too many, the tendency is you wont be able to give enough attention to each one...and in most cases, one would end up having too many children...and just imagine how many children one would have to feed ...not to mention other conflicts that could possibly result from "competition" between the spouses and the children...
375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Philippines. aka...
Offline
Posted 6/6/08 , edited 6/6/08

Katorulez93 wrote:

lol i didnt bother to read that animal part, i will later tho. i just woke up when i first quoted you an dim to tired to read everything. I do think for myself tho. i think for myself 100%. i use the teachings and the knowledge i know fromt hose 2 things and use it bc i agree with it. thats wats religion is, not something to control you but its something you believe with and you agree with it. Oh and if you read the bible you'd know that jesus didnt question his father. he knew his father to be perfect and so he lived by his father's example


I really don't know what you were trying to achieve by that post. If you were not ready to post yet, then don't. You are terribly vague with your defense for your religion.


The bible and religion gives me the ability to think for myself.


Then please explain the Ten Commandments.


Oh and if you read the bible you'd know that jesus didnt question his father.


Why the hell do you always try and come off as better than me? Did you actually think that I would have said that if I didn't read the damn Bible? Don't lecture me. I have studied religion more than you. Whatever you may have thought about God and religion, I have thought threefold. Just because I do not believe in your God does not mean I am ignorant of Him. Jesus did, in fact, question His will. An example? When Jesus was on the cross, it was clearly stated that He said, "Why has thou forsaken me?" That's Psalm 22:1 if you don't believe me.

You are so arrogant. You are so clueless. Know your place and don't get so smug.

You also have derailed the subject at hand. It is not about religion. It is about Polygamy. I couldn't care less if a kid believes in his God or not. Just present me an argument of substance. If you can't then don't bother posting back. It's as simple as that.

11704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 6/6/08

timo_vanhalen wrote:


Katorulez93 wrote:

lol i didnt bother to read that animal part, i will later tho. i just woke up when i first quoted you an dim to tired to read everything. I do think for myself tho. i think for myself 100%. i use the teachings and the knowledge i know fromt hose 2 things and use it bc i agree with it. thats wats religion is, not something to control you but its something you believe with and you agree with it. Oh and if you read the bible you'd know that jesus didnt question his father. he knew his father to be perfect and so he lived by his father's example


I really don't know what you were trying to achieve by that post. If you were not ready to post yet, then don't. You are terribly vague with your defense for your religion.


The bible and religion gives me the ability to think for myself.


Then please explain the Ten Commandments.


Oh and if you read the bible you'd know that jesus didnt question his father.


Why the hell do you always try and come off as better than me? Did you actually think that I would have said that if I didn't read the damn Bible? Don't lecture me. I have studied religion more than you. Whatever you may have thought about God and religion, I have thought threefold. Just because I do not believe in your God does not mean I am ignorant of Him. Jesus did, in fact, question His will. An example? When Jesus was on the cross, it was clearly stated that He said, "Why has thou forsaken me?" That's Psalm 22:1 if you don't believe me.

You are so arrogant. You are so clueless. Know your place and don't get so smug.

You also have derailed the subject at hand. It is not about religion. It is about Polygamy. I couldn't care less if a kid believes in his God or not. Just present me an argument of substance. If you can't then don't bother posting back. It's as simple as that.



lol i doubt you've studied religion mroe than me. ive had religious school since pre-k. then church to add on that. anyways convo over.
375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Philippines. aka...
Offline
Posted 6/6/08

Katorulez93 wrote:

lol i doubt you've studied religion mroe than me. ive had religious school since pre-k. then church to add on that. anyways convo over.


Yeah and you fail.
11704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 6/6/08

timo_vanhalen wrote:


Katorulez93 wrote:

lol i doubt you've studied religion mroe than me. ive had religious school since pre-k. then church to add on that. anyways convo over.


Yeah and you fail.


lol i fail? explain how. im quite successful without failure. so plz explain.
Posted 6/7/08
Polygamy is against my morals. I don't think it would work for me. I only have one heart to offer. I don't think anybody would be happy if their partner has anyone other than him/her.
3359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Morocco
Offline
Posted 7/27/08
I'm a muslim,& islam doesn't forbbid polygamy,it allows it with some conditions(the first wife must know,the man should be able to give a propriet life to his wives,the man should treat them equally to the point of :if he kisses one of them he should kiss the other too.....)
But to be honest,i'm against it,i never imagine myself second wife or even first wife,i rather divorse!
2164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / http://sephirona....
Offline
Posted 7/27/08 , edited 7/27/08
I disapprove of polygamy. A college advisor I spoke to once read a book about polygamy and its effects. It doesn't just affect the people in such a family - it affects society as well. Often, families practicing polygamy are heavily dependent on welfare - taxpayer's money - specifically because of their lifestyle. And that pisses me off.
1420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 8/3/08
im against it.
its just a way for men who are bored to get more from life they dont need.
lets face it.
ALL men are pretty much horny sometime in there life.
ive always thought that men had brainwashed the women in the FLDS
4095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Los Angeles, Cali...
Offline
Posted 8/3/08
i don't think it should be illegal, though it could definitley lead to some crazy domestic disputes.

i don't see a problem with a guy having multiple wives as long as its not a secret. though women having multiple husbands wouldn't be as good.
2302 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
74 / F / Tenochtitlan
Offline
Posted 8/5/08

MEMPHADON wrote:

i don't think it should be illegal, though it could definitley lead to some crazy domestic disputes.

i don't see a problem with a guy having multiple wives as long as its not a secret. though women having multiple husbands wouldn't be as good.



A question for u.
Why in the world wouldnt it be okay for women to have muiltiply husbands while men can?








im against it.

To start with, i think its demeaning to women.
A husband with a lot of wives. That seems to be there is no value in women period.
Its like we are just things to have and not only have one.

I saw a documentary about it on certain groups that follow that practice and a lot of the women are completly miserable and actually run away so there is prove that it its harmful and a horrible way to live.
11704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 8/5/08

cheeky_doll247 wrote:


MEMPHADON wrote:

i don't think it should be illegal, though it could definitley lead to some crazy domestic disputes.

i don't see a problem with a guy having multiple wives as long as its not a secret. though women having multiple husbands wouldn't be as good.



A question for u.
Why in the world wouldnt it be okay for women to have muiltiply husbands while men can?








im against it.

To start with, i think its demeaning to women.
A husband with a lot of wives. That seems to be there is no value in women period.
Its like we are just things to have and not only have one.

I saw a documentary about it on certain groups that follow that practice and a lot of the women are completly miserable and actually run away so there is prove that it its harmful and a horrible way to live.


i saw this thing on DR. Phil and there were the 3 women who live together and share the same huband and they were happy about it. you're right that is demeaning to women but some women are ok with it. some enjoy it. i think its wrong though.
First  Prev  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.