First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Polygamy
678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / London
Offline
Posted 4/20/08
im not against it. i dont think id mind it for me, but id prefer the other option if it was available. selfish i guess.
3345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
66 / M / inhaling atmosphe...
Offline
Posted 4/26/08
im for it......because i feel that if people believe that they can handle being with more than one person then why not?if you dont want to share, then dont......no one is forcing you to do it, but for the sake of the people who want to then yes.....yes i approve of polygamy
2080 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / philippines ^____~
Offline
Posted 4/28/08
gaaa polygamy is a big no no no!
ill just love that one person who`s meant for me
and duh ill not love anyone else if somebodys
own me ^-------^
8753 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 4/28/08
there a huge reason why polygamy is a huge no no for me. this is actually a huge thing in the USA news lately. there was a huge polygamy ranch raided in texas. 416 children were taken away from their mothers. a lot of 14-15 year old girls were pregnant and even more already had children and there was a huge insest issue and all of that. It's just wrong to do that to children. A lot of them were sick and they were beaten as with the women.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/04/14/polygamy.retreat/

That's a link for a story about it. It's just radical things like that which give a bad viewpoint to things like this. I guess if there weren't things like this going on then there might not be a problem with it. however, for me i wouldn't want to share my husband with other women.
Posted 6/3/08
HELL to the no >.>

Look at the African countries and how the guys have multiple wives- what do you see? STDs overrunning the country. Polygamy is just a bad choice both morally and socially :\
11704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 6/3/08

tobydiah wrote:

In our society, polygamy is probably bad. Since people are aware of 2 people being in love or the common notion of romance; 2 or more women(or men) will always have some sort of competition, jealousy, etc. Even in cultures that practice polygamy and Mormons who practice polygamy, they have a social ranking among wives. There's always some bad feelings arising out of this. If society wasn't like how it is right now would polygamy seem okay. I might say yes since nothing really is wrong about polygamy aside from the social influences we've received. I mean, on a scientific/logical sense; if the most genetically superior male specimens practiced polygamy with women, genetic quality would go up in the world. But then again... since we don't need to raise the population level in the world at the moment, genetically superior men mating with women possessing genes of similar quality might create an even stronger lineage of human beings.

Does this sound horrible or remind you of something Hitler might say? Yes. Do I agree with it morally? No. Do I think it might be correct on a biological/logical sense? Yes.



i realize you wrote this a while back, but there is something wrong with your statement. you cant be mormon anddo polygamy.i do know that some people in those compounds say they are mormon and do polygamy but its not true. Mormon which is really called latter day saint is a christian religion and follows christian laws which state 1 wife not more than 1.if you practice polygamy you would be excommunicated from the LDS church
11704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 6/3/08

p1491625 wrote:

Go mormans lol, ironically, their head of church just died yesterday (from the day this was posted)


lol u do know if your mormon and you practice polygamy you'll be excommunicated right?
11704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 6/3/08

rounin wrote:

as long as it is not the Mormon version where women can't marry more than one man, can't work and are treated like slaves and everybody agrees to it (husband(s) and wife(wives)) i don't see a problem with it though personally i think it would be more trouble than it is worth.


lol seriously what is wrong with crunchyroll. why write about something when you dont know what your talking about? if you do polygamy your not mormon. you'd be excommunicated.mormons only did polygamy when it first started which was so freakin long ago. back then it was ok with everyone. then when it stopped it also stoped for the mormon religion. so as i said if your mormon and you practice polygamy 1 your not truly a mormon and 2. you'd get excommunicated
11704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 6/3/08

nagn wrote:


Fatalomen wrote:

There are several religious and legal matters alike that make it so you can't practice polygamy. Old Mormons practiced polygamy, they don't anymore though. I could be incorrect but I'm pretty sure
Google it everyone does!
(ADVERTISING)!
But seriously it could cause problems or it can reduce problems. I mean when you are with one person for a long period of time you begin to get tense with them, it's only natural. But I think that polygamy is another way out for not being proactive enough to change yourself or your lover's ways in hopes to better your relationship.

But then again, not everyone is willing to change, or even compromise.
And those are the people destined to be alone.


actually they do...in utah and somewhere in midwest...there are many mormons and it still exists...i know someone that used to be a mormon...their life is pretty messed up...there are lot of abused and poverty.and very strict religious stuff.....


lol this is getting anoyying. these are older posts but still if people think these incorrect statements are true then they'll think wrong of mormons. Mormons do not do polygamy. if they do polygamy they can say they are mormon but guess what they arent. thats like me killing thousands of innocent people a day and saying im not a sinner one bit. i could say im not a sinner for being a murderer but i'd still be one. see what im sayin? if you do polygamy in no way are you mormon. and what do you mean by abused and poverty?
89 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 6/5/08

Katorulez93 wrote:


rounin wrote:

as long as it is not the Mormon version where women can't marry more than one man, can't work and are treated like slaves and everybody agrees to it (husband(s) and wife(wives)) i don't see a problem with it though personally i think it would be more trouble than it is worth.


lol seriously what is wrong with crunchyroll. why write about something when you dont know what your talking about? if you do polygamy your not mormon. you'd be excommunicated.mormons only did polygamy when it first started which was so freakin long ago. back then it was ok with everyone. then when it stopped it also stoped for the mormon religion. so as i said if your mormon and you practice polygamy 1 your not truly a mormon and 2. you'd get excommunicated


First if it is practiced or not does not make it impossible for someone to emulate, second there are still places where mormons although not accepted by the main branch of the church still practice polygamy the (ex)mormon way. So maybe you should watch what you say as well, I was well aware Mormons in general do not practice polygamy after all it is illegal in Canada and the US where a lot of Mormons live.
11704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 6/5/08

rounin wrote:


Katorulez93 wrote:


rounin wrote:

as long as it is not the Mormon version where women can't marry more than one man, can't work and are treated like slaves and everybody agrees to it (husband(s) and wife(wives)) i don't see a problem with it though personally i think it would be more trouble than it is worth.


lol seriously what is wrong with crunchyroll. why write about something when you dont know what your talking about? if you do polygamy your not mormon. you'd be excommunicated.mormons only did polygamy when it first started which was so freakin long ago. back then it was ok with everyone. then when it stopped it also stoped for the mormon religion. so as i said if your mormon and you practice polygamy 1 your not truly a mormon and 2. you'd get excommunicated


First if it is practiced or not does not make it impossible for someone to emulate, second there are still places where mormons although not accepted by the main branch of the church still practice polygamy the (ex)mormon way. So maybe you should watch what you say as well, I was well aware Mormons in general do not practice polygamy after all it is illegal in Canada and the US where a lot of Mormons live.


main branch of the church? there is no second branch of mormon. i wont watch what i say.im nto saying anything wrong. They arent mormons if they still practice polygamy, as i said they can call themselves mormons but they arent. the whole church of jesus christ of latter day saints has changed and there is no practicing the old way. there is the new way and thats it.
11704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 6/5/08

rounin wrote:


Katorulez93 wrote:


rounin wrote:

as long as it is not the Mormon version where women can't marry more than one man, can't work and are treated like slaves and everybody agrees to it (husband(s) and wife(wives)) i don't see a problem with it though personally i think it would be more trouble than it is worth.


lol seriously what is wrong with crunchyroll. why write about something when you dont know what your talking about? if you do polygamy your not mormon. you'd be excommunicated.mormons only did polygamy when it first started which was so freakin long ago. back then it was ok with everyone. then when it stopped it also stoped for the mormon religion. so as i said if your mormon and you practice polygamy 1 your not truly a mormon and 2. you'd get excommunicated


First if it is practiced or not does not make it impossible for someone to emulate, second there are still places where mormons although not accepted by the main branch of the church still practice polygamy the (ex)mormon way. So maybe you should watch what you say as well, I was well aware Mormons in general do not practice polygamy after all it is illegal in Canada and the US where a lot of Mormons live.


oh and 1 way that i know fore a fact im right is that i talked to the prophet about it.unfortunately he isnt alive anymore but ive talked to him about that kind of stuff.
375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Philippines. aka...
Offline
Posted 6/5/08
Face it, humans exist for what? Two things:

To survive and to replicate

Basic laws of nature. As a man, it is your duty to impregnate all of the woman you can. And you'd probably want those whom are with good genes, so that your genes can continue to survive. If you do not, then nature will unapologetically weed your genes out of existence. Get it into your heads: IT'S OKAY TO BE A MAN. Why do you have such a insatiable sex drive to begin with? To HAVE SEX- and lot's of it. Don't let bullshit like the media or religion hinder you from that fact.

Now as for the ladies, I can sympathize with you. The reason in which you are so against your man having another woman is quite obvious. It's pretty stupid that you have to take care of the babies while you goes around and spreads his seed or whatever, but just understand that it is within the nature of men to do these things. After all, humans are still animals.
11704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 6/6/08

timo_vanhalen wrote:

Face it, humans exist for what? Two things:

To survive and to replicate

Basic laws of nature. As a man, it is your duty to impregnate all of the woman you can. And you'd probably want those whom are with good genes, so that your genes can continue to survive. If you do not, then nature will unapologetically weed your genes out of existence. Get it into your heads: IT'S OKAY TO BE A MAN. Why do you have such a insatiable sex drive to begin with? To HAVE SEX- and lot's of it. Don't let bullshit like the media or religion hinder you from that fact.

Now as for the ladies, I can sympathize with you. The reason in which you are so against your man having another woman is quite obvious. It's pretty stupid that you have to take care of the babies while you goes around and spreads his seed or whatever, but just understand that it is within the nature of men to do these things. After all, humans are still animals.


to a person with religion there are a few things wrong with your statement. your right about those 2 things but therez one more to be tested to be in heaven again. and i wouldnt go a far to say get as many women pregnant as you can but to get a woman pregnant yes. Also im no animal. Animals cant control themselves and arent close to being as smart as humans. animals are peons to us. Also its not the nature of men to have sex with a ton of women, maybe you believe that it should be that way but its not. yes some men cheat or have sex a lot with different women but to most people the nature of men is to get settled with a woman and have sex with HER, not 50 other women
375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Philippines. aka...
Offline
Posted 6/6/08 , edited 6/6/08

Katorulez93 wrote:

to a person with religion there are a few things wrong with your statement. your right about those 2 things but therez one more to be tested to be in heaven again. and i wouldnt go a far to say get as many women pregnant as you can but to get a woman pregnant yes. Also im no animal. Animals cant control themselves and arent close to being as smart as humans. animals are peons to us. Also its not the nature of men to have sex with a ton of women, maybe you believe that it should be that way but its not. yes some men cheat or have sex a lot with different women but to most people the nature of men is to get settled with a woman and have sex with HER, not 50 other women


Let me ask you, do you really think that humans are not animals? Humans, after all, are mammals.

Apes, monkeys or any mammals are considered by you as animals, right?

Seeing that we humans are in the same species as those "animals", ergo, we can say that we are like them. That we are still ANIMALS.


animals are peons to us.


True, seeing that humans are more intellectually developed than that of our other animal brethren, we can say that we possess a modest advantage over other animals. This, however, does not excuse us from our primal instincts. A man, however cultured he may be, will still heed to his primal nature when the need arises. You cannot change that fact. Even the holiest of men, cannot suppress their urge. They can ignore it all they want, but it will still be there. You know why? Because we are still human, therefore we are animals, being animals, we are still subject to carnal desires. Don't tell me you have never thought carnal thoughts ever before, if you say you don't, I cannot take you seriously because you are obviously lying.



to a person with religion there are a few things wrong with your statement.


This is why I can't deal with religious zealots such as you. You see, Religion was established long ago by man who felt that people lacked a sense to think for their own. They thought that humankind could not determine for themselves the difference of right and wrong. Hence they established their own ideals through teachings and deities. Sure that may have helped long ago.. (Well, not really. Inquisitions, etc), but nowadays, we could now see things much clearly. Through science or whatever method, we can render those teachings obsolete. Religion today, is nothing but ramblings told by long, ignorant men.

However, some people still take comfort in the fact of there being a religion that tells them what to do. You know why? Because they are a afraid to think for themselves.

The Church, no, religion in general, has always been the prime enemy of moral growth. I expect you not to understand that. You are still very naive in your thoughts and hopefully you would mature enough to understand that.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.