First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Should we let Pandas Go extict?
357 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 2/27/11 , edited 2/27/11
I say we keep'em around until we find a use for them. After all, there is no point in getting rid of something if you don't know what it is capable of. We should start training them like gorillas and see where that leads.
54843 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / SoCal
Offline
Posted 2/27/11
Its only money. My country knows how to spend it on useless crap so I would hope some of it would at least go to something important like this
66778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Lagrange, KY
Offline
Posted 2/27/11
umm no, we are the ones that drove them to this state and the only can save them. we drove the do-do, the buffalo to near and tons of other animals as well. It's damn time we take responsibility for our actions
Posted 2/28/11

moratorium wrote:


manies_flip wrote:

Some people are saying that too much money were being spent to preserve and keep the Pandas from going extinct... so do you think they should let pandas die out??




http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=8684745




We need them to be around so that we can have more videos of other pandas getting scared when their baby sneezes


23034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / boys locker room
Offline
Posted 2/28/11
Meh, let them do what they need. I'd rather not play God, I'd rather let nature do its work. Animals, usually, go extinct for a reason, okay?
Posted 3/14/11 , edited 3/14/11
Make sure to take some pictures before they go. Otherwise I don't really care, it's not the first species that has gone, and it won't be the last. Also, it's not like a situation where you can mourn for the exinction when even the last pandas to exist still lived decent lives.

Sort of why I wouldn't really care if every human on the planet was sterilized so we were the last wave of humanity. It wouldn't matter because you'd still live out your life and then once you are gone who cares.

All in all, pandas have had a pretty good run.
17146 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Evergreen, Colora...
Offline
Posted 3/14/11
I'm not sure. I've been taught to believe that every species is 'necessary' but I disagree. If every species was necessary, would the world end or become really fucked up whenever a species goes extinct? Ecosystems might be thrown out of balance, but they'd eventually bounce back.

If an economy can support taking care of animals and plants and keeping them from going extinct, do it. If it's a shit economy, like the US, do not fucking waste money on pandas.

Also, why are we going to save Pandas because they're cute, that's stupid. Save the most important species, or save every species, but don't save things based on something stupid like cuteness.
4375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Rainbow Factory
Offline
Posted 3/14/11

MelodieLenora wrote:

I'm not sure. I've been taught to believe that every species is 'necessary' but I disagree. If every species was necessary, would the world end or become really fucked up whenever a species goes extinct? Ecosystems might be thrown out of balance, but they'd eventually bounce back.

If an economy can support taking care of animals and plants and keeping them from going extinct, do it. If it's a shit economy, like the US, do not fucking waste money on pandas.

Also, why are we going to save Pandas because they're cute, that's stupid. Save the most important species, or save every species, but don't save things based on something stupid like cuteness.


I don't think it's only because they're cute. But then who knows with some of these people.
15352 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Insert Tampon Here.
Offline
Posted 3/14/11
humans should go extinct.
66 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / F
Offline
Posted 3/14/11
HAHA - WHAT!! - of course not.! Should we let the anything go extinct... - not as far as it depends on us... we are responsible.

...and i know that nature is not biased for one over another - and extinction of any species is not selected against by nature (even humans can go extinct - nature is neutral) but as far as whatever we can do or stop doing (or both) to save a species then lets do it..

I do think another good topic would be "Should Humans Stop Over-Reproducing Themselves - Quantity Does Not Equal Quality (and the other animals wont be able to save us from extinction)" LOL

Its fun to talk about this stuff - hehe - the things we have some influence over - its more scary to discuss things we don't have control over such as asteroids....
Posted 3/14/11

PhoungSeppuku wrote:

humans should go extinct.


If only you would <3
15352 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Insert Tampon Here.
Offline
Posted 3/14/11

Okazu606 wrote:


PhoungSeppuku wrote:

humans should go extinct.


If only you would <3


i'm far more valuable than you, so you go first. Remember, "Stop! Drop! And roll" does not work in hell.
66 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / F
Offline
Posted 3/14/11

PhoungSeppuku wrote:

humans should go extinct.


HAHAHAHA - love it!

34888 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 3/14/11
Species die out all the time, bfd. They go extinct for a reason. Maybe if they had some sort of economic value, I would be inclined to throw around some money to save them. Otherwise, being 'cute' just isn't enough.
15352 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Insert Tampon Here.
Offline
Posted 3/14/11

Ferjenika wrote:


PhoungSeppuku wrote:

humans should go extinct.


HAHAHAHA - love it!



i'm glad someone loves me today.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.