First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Higurashi Rei (Season 3) Thoughts/Hopes
Creator
1492 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 1/12/08
I can't wait for the third season, although, it did surprise me that they decided not to end it with season 2 (no doubt because it's so popular). I was upset, though, that they used Matsuribyashi-Hen instead of Mitsukoshi-Hen (the way things ended for once and for all, with Hanyuu catching the bullet). Since they are making a third season though, this is what I'd like to see:

Hirukowashi-hen: The novelized version of Higurashi Daybreak.

Onisarashi-Hen: The best manga ever!

And, that one where Rika goes crazy and kills everyone because Keiichi isn't there, I don't remember the name, but I would love to see like a one-shot episode of that ^^.


Moderator
1771 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / A West coast city...
Offline
Posted 1/13/08
I think that was Saikoroshi hen. That's the one where Rika goes to another world by accident and where Satoshi is in the place of K1, and Hanyuu isn't there, so she tries to go back to the world she came from (I guess. I don't remember much)
Member
718 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / San José, California
Offline
Posted 1/13/08
That suprised me too, I thought it was done since it was a happy ending, but hey who cares? The more Higurashi the better XD. Can't wait for season three...Do you know when does it come out?
Creator
1492 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 1/13/08

Nonojr wrote:

I think that was Saikoroshi hen. That's the one where Rika goes to another world by accident and where Satoshi is in the place of K1, and Hanyuu isn't there, so she tries to go back to the world she came from (I guess. I don't remember much)


That 1 is very close to the one i'm talking about, but in Saikoroshi i don't think she kills anyone, I think they might be 2 differnt hens. Either that or i'm just confused
Creator
1492 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 1/13/08

aznebayshopper wrote:

That suprised me too, I thought it was done since it was a happy ending, but hey who cares? The more Higurashi the better XD. Can't wait for season three...Do you know when does it come out?


I'm going to be hopefull and guess that it will start sometime this summer, they only got the green light a couple weeks ago, but if they want to keep up it's popularity then will probably try to air it as soon as possible.
Member
718 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / San José, California
Offline
Posted 1/13/08

Dreamiel wrote:


aznebayshopper wrote:

That suprised me too, I thought it was done since it was a happy ending, but hey who cares? The more Higurashi the better XD. Can't wait for season three...Do you know when does it come out?


I'm going to be hopefull and guess that it will start sometime this summer, they only got the green light a couple weeks ago, but if they want to keep up it's popularity then will probably try to air it as soon as possible.


Summer? But thats a whole half year away XD....That would be awesome if they got done by Summer. Hope they get it done before...most likely not . Thx for the info though :)
Creator
1492 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 1/14/08
Now that I think about it, there are a few important things from the games that they touched upon in the anime but never confirmed. It seems extremly probable that these things will be in the 3rd anime, but since this is a hopes/thoughts thread, I'm going to make a differnt thread called "Spoilers".
Moderator
1771 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / A West coast city...
Offline
Posted 1/14/08
But Before all this is planned, there's one question to be asked.... WHO would AIR (or where would air) Higurashi after that incident in Kyoto? I mean a lot of stations (like Saitama Housou) quit Airing the episodes after that incident where the middle schooler in Kyoto killed her father with a hatchet, and the retarded ass people from Nichaneru started to compare it with Tsumihoroboshi Hen Rena, and after all that was discussed in the news, they not even cancelled Higurashi episodes that week, but even the last episode of School Days was cancelled. I can't believe it! Now there's no more stations (except for few) that wants to Air Higurashi after that!

What do YOU guys think?

Nice Boat!
Creator
1492 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 1/14/08

Nonojr wrote:

But Before all this is planned, there's one question to be asked.... WHO would AIR (or where would air) Higurashi after that incident in Kyoto? I mean a lot of stations (like Saitama Housou) quit Airing the episodes after that incident where the middle schooler in Kyoto killed her father with a hatchet, and the retarded ass people from Nichaneru started to compare it with Tsumihoroboshi Hen Rena, and after all that was discussed in the news, they not even cancelled Higurashi episodes that week, but even the last episode of School Days was cancelled. I can't believe it! Now there's no more stations (except for few) that wants to Air Higurashi after that!

What do YOU guys think?

Nice Boat!


I would assume any fan who followed HiguKai from week to week already knows about the incident, since after a while they wondered where the heck the next episode was XD. Higurashi had been airing on several stations at the time though, and only a few, 2 i believe, completely stopped airing it. The last episode of school days also ended up getting delayed, but was shown eventually as with HiguKai. It was severly edited though, and they replaced violent scences after Kotonoha killed Sekai with cutesy flash backs of sakura trees. (I'm still hoping for an uncut release on a dvd or something).

All I have to say is, the buzz about that incident (the girl w/ axe) has died down, and will probably only continue to die down as people go back to thier everyday lives. If Higurashi got the green light for season 3, which they probably only got since it's popularity was immense enough to over look the axing, then obviously at least one station's already aproved it, and probably signed a contrart agreeing to air it if I had to guess. I'm sure the producers were careful enough to ensure that much. So lets stay hopeful and pray no more axings occur in the real world
Moderator
1771 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / A West coast city...
Offline
Posted 1/14/08
Well I really hope I can watch it here when it comes for the time, but I bet I'm too irritated to wait to be on this site. I guess I'll take a look at 2525 first,then watch it here. How about you? You watched all the episodes from here first?
Creator
1492 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 1/14/08

Nonojr wrote:

Well I really hope I can watch it here when it comes for the time, but I bet I'm too irritated to wait to be on this site. I guess I'll take a look at 2525 first,then watch it here. How about you? You watched all the episodes from here first?


I saw the first few at my anime club a while ago (of the first season I mean) and then watched the rest on here/veoh/youtube ect. As for kai, I watched the raws when a i coulnd't wait. (The raws on you tube). Sometimes I watched it on veoh too cuz they are usually faster. By now, I have torrented both seasons and burned both to dvds.
Creator
1492 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 1/16/08
Also, alot of people on the Animesuki forums hope that they'll do a Higurashi/Umineko crossover for season 3, but I think that would be WAY retarded XD. Yes, it would be kind of possible, but you could only go so far since Higurashi was just a book in the world of Umineko... Besides, i'm still holding out for the very real possibility that Umineko will get it's own anime ^^
Moderator
1771 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / A West coast city...
Offline
Posted 1/16/08
Yeah that might workout but I agree. I think it would be better off by itself after Higurashi. Well how about the other novel by Ryukishi 07? Do you think the novel "Kaidan to Odorou, Soshite Anatawa Kaidan de Odoru" be part of Higurashi's story as a story of young 34 in her Mid. school?
Creator
1492 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 1/17/08

Nonojr wrote:

Yeah that might workout but I agree. I think it would be better off by itself after Higurashi. Well how about the other novel by Ryukishi 07? Do you think the novel "Kaidan to Odorou, Soshite Anatawa Kaidan de Odoru" be part of Higurashi's story as a story of young 34 in her Mid. school?


Hmmmm.............. it's possible, but they already gave her SO much back story, it might get annoying. Personally, I think i've had my fill of her, and would much rather see Ouka or Natsumi get animated ^^. However, considering how they ended season 2 with that Frederica & 34 thing..... hmmmmmmmm.............. You're smart for thinking of something like that, it never even crossed my mind that they would do that ^^
Moderator
1771 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / A West coast city...
Offline
Posted 1/17/08
Oh really? I think for me, the story of 34 wasn't really enough. Shouldn't there more of how like 34 has actually got most of her Oyashirosama ideas from Ohonesama in her school days? There should've been some early stage practice for an idea like that.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.