Created by steeleman2003
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Whats your favorite Final Fantasy game?
2019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / HFIL
Offline
Posted 3/9/11 , edited 3/9/11

WaredoDyrge wrote:Does not compute. You say that FFVII gets put on a pedestal in a bad and embarassing manner, and yet it is your favourite Final Fantasy game?


You read that right but I'll clarify and expand on my original post.

Yes, it is my favorite one of the series despite my previous statement. For every FFVII fan that recites "Omg FFVII is the best ever!" I can always gurantee there'll be some purist not far behind that will play it safe by replying "FFVI was the best one! Kefka was the best villain ever and Sephy just had mommy issues.". Now don't get me wrong I love Final Fantasy VI as much as the next person and the esper system is without a doubt the series at it's finest. Although some might argue Final Fantasy V or Final Fantasy Tactics did it better but that's another story altogether. I guess what I'm saying is people tend to hate Final Fantasy VII just because it's the most popular one and not because of it's own merit.

It's like how people say Led Zeppelin is their favorite band or how people say The Lakers is their favorite basketball team just because it's safe and a lot of people hold them in high regard.

They put FFVI on a pedestal in a pretty much similar way (and you can interchange this with Final Fantasy IX and IV as well) that is equally bad as FFVII fans hyping FFVII to be the best RPG to have ever been developed. Which it's not but it comes pretty close though.

tl;dr version

I like Final Fantasy VII despite fans of it hyping it up to be "The greatest RPG in existence." which also FFVI fans are just as equally and embarassingly guilty of as well.


10528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / Austin
Offline
Posted 3/9/11

Akira-I wrote:


WaredoDyrge wrote:Does not compute. You say that FFVII gets put on a pedestal in a bad and embarassing manner, and yet it is your favourite Final Fantasy game?


You read that right but I'll clarify and expand on my original post.

Yes, it is my favorite one of the series despite my previous statement. For every FFVII fan that recites "Omg FFVII is the best ever!" I can always gurantee there'll be some purist not far behind that will play it safe by replying "FFVI was the best one! Kefka was the best villain ever and Sephy just had mommy issues.". Now don't get me wrong I love Final Fantasy VI as much as the next person and the esper system is without a doubt the series at it's finest. Although some might argue Final Fantasy V or Final Fantasy Tactics did it better but that's another story altogether. I guess what I'm saying is people tend to hate Final Fantasy VII just because it's the most popular one and not because of it's own merit.

It's like how people say Led Zeppelin is their favorite band or how people say The Lakers is their favorite basketball team just because it's safe and a lot of people hold them in high regard.

They put FFVI on a pedestal in a pretty much similar way (and you can interchange this with Final Fantasy IX and IV as well) that is equally bad as FFVII fans hyping FFVII to be the best RPG to have ever been developed. Which it's not but it comes pretty close though.

tl;dr version

I like Final Fantasy VII despite fans of it hyping it up to be "The greatest RPG in existence." which also FFVI fans are just as equally and embarassingly guilty of as well.





Ah. I understand better now. It's all good.
760 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / my house...duhhh
Offline
Posted 3/9/11
FF X and FF IX

FF IX is extremely cuteeeee

and im playing FF X-2 now .. so late but i hope it turn out well
2019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / HFIL
Offline
Posted 3/9/11

WaredoDyrge wrote:


Akira-I wrote:


WaredoDyrge wrote:Does not compute. You say that FFVII gets put on a pedestal in a bad and embarassing manner, and yet it is your favourite Final Fantasy game?


You read that right but I'll clarify and expand on my original post.

Yes, it is my favorite one of the series despite my previous statement. For every FFVII fan that recites "Omg FFVII is the best ever!" I can always gurantee there'll be some purist not far behind that will play it safe by replying "FFVI was the best one! Kefka was the best villain ever and Sephy just had mommy issues.". Now don't get me wrong I love Final Fantasy VI as much as the next person and the esper system is without a doubt the series at it's finest. Although some might argue Final Fantasy V or Final Fantasy Tactics did it better but that's another story altogether. I guess what I'm saying is people tend to hate Final Fantasy VII just because it's the most popular one and not because of it's own merit.

It's like how people say Led Zeppelin is their favorite band or how people say The Lakers is their favorite basketball team just because it's safe and a lot of people hold them in high regard.

They put FFVI on a pedestal in a pretty much similar way (and you can interchange this with Final Fantasy IX and IV as well) that is equally bad as FFVII fans hyping FFVII to be the best RPG to have ever been developed. Which it's not but it comes pretty close though.

tl;dr version

I like Final Fantasy VII despite fans of it hyping it up to be "The greatest RPG in existence." which also FFVI fans are just as equally and embarassingly guilty of as well.





Ah. I understand better now. It's all good.


No problem man.

Stay classy.
18042 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Puyallup, WA
Offline
Posted 3/11/11
I still go back and play FF tactics every couple of years. It is one of my favorite games of all time, if not my favorite.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.