First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
School days game HQ come to AMERCIA
15267 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / FairyFlossLand/Ba...
Offline
Posted 3/8/11
I highly doubt that the game will be 7-8 GB. Clannad, one of the longest VN's ever made, was only around 4GB. And Ef: A Fairytale of Two, which was known for it's animation and crazy amounts of CG), was only 2.3GB as well.
But seriously, a translation for School Days? WHy not any of the Key VNs? Why something that's so gory and screwed up? Maybe it's just a joke from the company, and whenever we get the good ending, or an awesome H-scene, we'll just have NICE BOAT pop up, and Rick Roll played in the background.
Posted 3/16/11
Is there any specific date for the English release? I'm actually getting pretty hyped up about this though I'm scared to ask my parents/sister for their credit card/debit card to buy this game. I've seen some of the endings on YouTube, and damn, it just makes me want to know more endings.
66778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Lagrange, KY
Offline
Posted 3/16/11 , edited 3/16/11

AsuraCryin wrote:

Is there any specific date for the English release? I'm actually getting pretty hyped up about this though I'm scared to ask my parents/sister for their credit card/debit card to buy this game. I've seen some of the endings on YouTube, and damn, it just makes me want to know more endings.


well i am replaying the original right now and there is well some sappy happy endings then there are some where girls commit suicide because she loved him so much and she didn't want to live with out him and well since i screwed around with both sekai and sethona it happened to her. The sappiest ending is where he only picks one girl has sex with her through out the main game even though he does confess to sekai he avoids causing more harm to the other girl and ends up in bed with sethona after the credits roll saying i can't wait t have your baby. On the update it is around 7.76 gigs for the original game since i downloaded it via torrent and there is no telling how high the hq version will be. I will keep people updated if any re-lease dates are posted but since overflow the company in japan is having some problems since well you know.
Posted 3/16/11

Cecilthedarkknight234 wrote:


well i am replaying the original right now and there is well some sappy happy endings then there are some where girls commit suicide because she loved him so much and she didn't want to live with out him and well since i screwed around with both sekai and sethona it happened to her. The sappiest ending is where he only picks one girl has sex with her through out the main game even though he does confess to sekai he avoids causing more harm to the other girl and ends up in bed with sethona after the credits roll saying i can't wait t have your baby.


I've seen several sinister endings, and they all made me laugh at how gruesome they were.

Good Endings: Kotonoha and Makoto in a love hotel


Huh, what? Ending: Makoto eating watermelon and getting a postcard from Setsuna (in the picture she has a big belly implying she is pregnant)

Bad Endings: - Kotonoha kills Sekai by slicing her neck off.
- "Nice Train" - Sekai pushes Kotonoha onto the train tracks as a train approaches
- Makoto gets stabbed in the stomach (Original Game Ending)
- Kotonoha's suicide where she jumps off a building while Makoto and Sekai walk home.

Harem End: - Kotonoha and Sekai walk home (?) and talk about having a 3 way with Makoto (?), and they both say they're pregnant.

Man, I think it's about time I rewatch the series.
69678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / New Jersey
Online
Posted 3/16/11 , edited 3/16/11
I'm pumped for this release.

Hopefully if this sells well this will prompt others to release more Visual Novels/Sound Novels in the States! ^^

EDIT:
I also don't see why so many people hated the anime; The character development was very well done, and I didn't expect anything throughout the series. Though many probably didn't like the anime due to the graphic ending, if you think about it, it had a overall message.
66778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Lagrange, KY
Offline
Posted 3/16/11 , edited 3/16/11

AsuraCryin wrote:


Cecilthedarkknight234 wrote:


well i am replaying the original right now and there is well some sappy happy endings then there are some where girls commit suicide because she loved him so much and she didn't want to live with out him and well since i screwed around with both sekai and sethona it happened to her. The sappiest ending is where he only picks one girl has sex with her through out the main game even though he does confess to sekai he avoids causing more harm to the other girl and ends up in bed with sethona after the credits roll saying i can't wait t have your baby.


I've seen several sinister endings, and they all made me laugh at how gruesome they were.

Good Endings: Kotonoha and Makoto in a love hotel


Huh, what? Ending: Makoto eating watermelon and getting a postcard from Setsuna (in the picture she has a big belly implying she is pregnant)

Bad Endings: - Kotonoha kills Sekai by slicing her neck off.
- "Nice Train" - Sekai pushes Kotonoha onto the train tracks as a train approaches
- Makoto gets stabbed in the stomach (Original Game Ending)
- Kotonoha's suicide where she jumps off a building while Makoto and Sekai walk home.

Harem End: - Kotonoha and Sekai walk home (?) and talk about having a 3 way with Makoto (?), and they both say they're pregnant.

Man, I think it's about time I rewatch the series.


the thing is she is pregnant she wasn't lying at all, but i am playing summer days right now so yeah lol but i got the suicide ending you mentioned but that was because his mother gave a key to Kotonoha and liked her and she waited at home for them, sekia and motoko came home i decided to tell her off and well she yelled, sekia and motoko went back down the elevator and she got on the ledges and said I will always love you motoko and jumps, the splats against the concrete, I just marathoned the anime last night for the 1st time... now i know why people hate him but the funny fact is no girl in the series expect 3 want his dick
34937 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Raccoon City
Offline
Posted 3/16/11



From what I saw on youtube, School Days HQ is animated, i looked at videos of Clannad VN Gameplay and I saw that Clannad VN isn't animated, as videos take up more space than pictures it would make sense that School Days HQ would be 7-8 GBs( and that does not included installation/extraction which I read takes up another 7-8 GBs for a total of around 16 GB ) School Days HQ has 21 different endings and also different Openings(i think, I did see a Setsuna's Version Opening though) watching the VN gameplay almost felt like I was watching the anime again since the animation was very similar(if not the same as the animation in the anime)
15267 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / FairyFlossLand/Ba...
Offline
Posted 3/17/11 , edited 3/17/11

PhoenixBlaze wrote:




Woops, my bad. It seems you're right about the animated sequences, though School Days can't boast about it's short length in comparison to other games. Still, around 7-8 GB should be accurate, which probably makes it one of the largest, if not the largest, visual novels of all time.
66778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Lagrange, KY
Offline
Posted 4/15/11
hmm i know I am bumping my own thread but well hmm there isn't much lean way as of yet, If anything happens on this game i will be sure to let any of you guys know what's, what. Feel free to check out my page i page on school days anime vs game if you want to.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/Cecilthedarkknight234/pages/schooldays-anime-vs-game
48420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Online
Posted 4/15/11
There was a fan translation project that was going above and beyond a normal translation job by doing engine patching and lots of video editing, but then the developers contacted them and . . . made them official! Now the translation project has 0verflow's full support and endorsement. It's refreshing to see a studio that treats a massive fan project like that as an opportunity rather than a threat.
34937 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Raccoon City
Offline
Posted 6/27/11 , edited 7/20/11
The target release has changed from sometime this year-2011 to the sometime in the first half of next year-2012
More Info Link : http://www.jastusa.com/pre-ax-roundup-state-of-the-games

Edit:
Pre-order is available for School Days HQ
Price: $40.00
DVD-ROM or Download for Windows 98/Me/2000/XP/Vista/7
Link: http://www.jlist.com/product/JAST004
66778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Lagrange, KY
Offline
Posted 7/20/11

PhoenixBlaze wrote:

The target release has changed from sometime this year-2011 to the sometime in the first half of next year-2012
More Info Link : http://www.jastusa.com/pre-ax-roundup-state-of-the-games

Edit:
Pre-order is available for School Days HQ
Price: $40.00
DVD-ROM or Download for Windows 98/Me/2000/XP/Vista/7
Link: http://www.jlist.com/product/JAST004


you sure are my hero.. thanks for the update.. and 40 bucks O_O..... well there goes my life.
41625 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 7/20/11
That's nice more pc games from japan should be localized but from my limited VN experience I'd prefer other genre of japanese games to get localized like rpgs as it seems like VN have no real gameplay.
66778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Lagrange, KY
Offline
Posted 7/20/11

djheadshot wrote:

That's nice more pc games from japan should be localized but from my limited VN experience I'd prefer other genre of japanese games to get localized like rpgs as it seems like VN have no real gameplay.


a lot of rpgs are getting picked up.. you do know of nisa and atlus don't you ?? I know that vn are little in game play but it's story that makes a strong suit for these games, also it's amount of possibility/outcomes as well. Sakura wars so long my love is a rpg visual novel for the wii/ps2 and hmm I could name others but the most recent that combine both greatly is the persona series.
1755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 7/21/11 , edited 7/21/11

FalseFallacy wrote:


PhoenixBlaze wrote:
From what I saw on youtube, School Days HQ is animated, i looked at videos of Clannad VN Gameplay and I saw that Clannad VN isn't animated, as videos take up more space than pictures it would make sense that School Days HQ would be 7-8 GBs( and that does not included installation/extraction which I read takes up another 7-8 GBs for a total of around 16 GB ) School Days HQ has 21 different endings and also different Openings(i think, I did see a Setsuna's Version Opening though) watching the VN gameplay almost felt like I was watching the anime again since the animation was very similar(if not the same as the animation in the anime)


Woops, my bad. It seems you're right about the animated sequences, though School Days can't boast about it's short length in comparison to other games. Still, around 7-8 GB should be accurate, which probably makes it one of the largest, if not the largest, visual novels of all time.


Yeah, it uses Limited Animation, rather then plain pictures. Also can't forget - Animation for H-scenes. THere's an arc (I read on wiki) where Makoto has S*@ with at least one girl everyday. And then there's quite a few harem endings, etc.

@FalseFallacy's first post - It could be beacuse they are trying to get people to actually start playing VN's. Things like Clannad, where the story is cliche etc., haven't exactly done so well in the states. Something completely different, or can create a scandal that will attract attention, like School Days, although maybe not better as a game, would be better in attracting attention in the States, or anywhere else, for that matter. Only problem is that you end up with a very niche market.

Also, pretty much all of Key's games of fan translation anyways, so just go play those.

Finally, the only people who should be complaing should be the people who worked on the "Sekai Project". www.sekaiproject.net

@PheonixBlaze - The fact that you will be installing on your computer from a pirated internet version is obvious. If you were going to buy the game, you would be installing from the disk, saving up 7-8 gbs. Just saying.

First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.