First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
Why Is the World So Shallow When it Comes to Looks?
wwe
128580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / where all my drea...
Offline
Posted 3/8/11 , edited 8/3/11
Why is Looks so big in today's world? Why does most people only go for people that look hot/sexy? Has anyone look past all the looks and see what the person really is and how there soul and heart is? Way to many people today just go by how other look and dont even care about how the person really is it can be a sad world at times
I have seen lots of people get hurt b/c others judge them just by there looks

Do you think this is right how you feel about this?





Posted 3/8/11 , edited 3/8/11
Good looks are often represented as a way to show someone you can take care of yourself (did I phrase that correctly?) - shiny hair is supposedly clean, a flat stomach means you work out, white teeth means you brush them, etc. I think people know that subconsciously but obviously these things aren't always true. It's just based on assumptions.

Now, why do people want to talk to others who take care of themselves? Maybe because they assume that if you can take care of your own self, you know what you're doing in life. You're reliable. You're consistent. You are, therefore, the idealistic person.

I don't think it's fair. I believe the personality should matter more. I think your average person goes through a bunch of pretty people and tries to find one who has an actual brain.
Posted 3/8/11
Everyone has a different perception of what beauty is, you are beautiful to someone in this world.

You can only make the most of what you have and confidence and kindness are important too. Don't try to be something you're not, otherwise what hope is there to find someone who loves you for who you are, when you are not who you really are.
Posted 3/8/11

Rina-San wrote:
Don't try to be something you're not, otherwise what hope is there to find someone who loves you for who you are, when you are not who you really are.


Lovely answer

Posted 3/8/11
beauty is all opinionated >.> beauty isn't a fact, there are gonna be those who think you hot and some who wont =S

example, everyone thinks Megan Fox is the hottest girl in the world 9,9 however I dont find her attractive at all >_< as strange as it sounds

Jessica Alba, so many people consider her to be the hottest in the world but in my opinion she's not the prettiest women in the world or anything >.>
16372 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / New York City
Offline
Posted 3/8/11

Nebuflax wrote:

Good looks are often represented as a way to show someone you can take care of yourself (did I phrase that correctly?) - shiny hair is supposedly clean, a flat stomach means you work out, white teeth means you brush them, etc. I think people know that subconsciously but obviously these things aren't always true. It's just based on assumptions.

Now, why do people want to talk to others who take care of themselves? Maybe because they assume that if you can take care of your own self, you know what you're doing in life. You're reliable. You're consistent. You are, therefore, the idealistic person.

I don't think it's fair. I believe the personality should matter more. I think your average person goes through a bunch of pretty people and tries to find one who has an actual brain.


great answer

Kiki's Customer Support Service
Kiki 
100410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Nova Scotia
Offline
Posted 3/8/11


^
I loled. Nice picture.


And I disagree that looks are everything these days. I know for a fact, almost everyone I know tries to find someone that has a great personality and is easy on the eyes. You don't have to be perfect looking, just good enough to wake up to every morning.


In all honestly, this might sound extremely shallow and bad. But I hate people who complain that they're ugly and do nothing about it. If you're fat work out, if you hate your hair, get a hair cut, if you hate your skin, buy cream for it.

There's nothing wrong with trying to look gorgeous. All that matters is you loving yourself. If you're unhappy with the way you look, then do something about it. But just remember you can only go so far. You can't be completely someone else.
114162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / in a world where...
Offline
Posted 3/8/11 , edited 3/8/11
the heart, soul and mind are abstract ideas while aesthetic looks are subjective based on the individual but lie on a plane of existence we can use one or more of our 5 senses to perceive. being animals first before sentient creatures, looks represent a genetic profile of the individual. so naturally we gravitate to those we think are appealing for the bottomline of procreation. this doesnt mean we will procreate or anything but it is a driving force. for those who are in the same gender but dont swing that way its a goal for one to reach to get the same thing

however we are also sentient so we might be attracted to the physical attributes of someone at first but then we get to know them and find the much harder to see side of that individual which then we can judge them similarly

. so if one guy is the best looking guy in the world it doesnt make a real difference to most people when they find out he is a serial killer, likewise a nerd-like person might be shunned for lacking those things only to make up for them later with actions that show off his/her high intelligence or other things that might get the attention in a similar way.


TL;DR Humans are vain creatures that regret judging those base on looks first before the person's other attributes


this of course is just my view on this matter

Posted 3/8/11
The world was made to believe in vanity and beauty as something to be.

We see advertisements and most people making it something important to become our best looking. But there's those that take it too far and become obsessed. Just like money, its a demand to wear the best clothing and buy accessories as well. Personally, I could care less on how I really look to the world itself. If more girls want to diet to the ridiculous extreme and try to get uppity about how they always look 24/7, then their more than welcome to do all that worrying instead of me. . . same for the guys too.
23034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / boys locker room
Offline
Posted 3/8/11 , edited 3/8/11
What makes you say that? There is a lot of inner beauty in people as well, but if you only think of people as superficial jerks, what does that make you? And to answer your question, it's because looks do matter to some extent, and you can learn so much more about a person by observing than by talking to them.

But really, it varies by individuals.
13506 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / CT
Offline
Posted 3/8/11 , edited 3/8/11
Kippu

In all honestly, this might sound extremely shallow and bad. But I hate people who complain that they're ugly and do nothing about it. If you're fat work out, if you hate your hair, get a hair cut, if you hate your skin, buy cream for it.



i completely agree with what you said you hate when people complain about they're ugly and don't do anything about. i always hear people complaining and i just wanna tell them then get off your butt and do something about it.
Kiki's Customer Support Service
Kiki 
100410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Nova Scotia
Offline
Posted 3/8/11

Inoyasha5 wrote:

i completely agree with what you said you hate when people complain about they're ugly and don't do anything about. i always hear people complaining and i just wanna tell them then get off your butt and do something about it.


Uh-huh! Exactly, and these are usually the people who always blame the media about portraying how someone should look.
At one point they want to look pretty, but blame everything else for their looks saying they don't want to fall into media's heap. =____=;

Absolutely nothing with being healthy and looking nice. You'll like yourself better :/
I just can't tolerate or hang around someone who constantly complains and does nothing =___=;
Posted 3/8/11 , edited 3/8/11
Because we live in the world of animals.... mating is our main goal and mostly anything else is not needed lol
13506 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / CT
Offline
Posted 3/8/11

Kippu wrote:


Inoyasha5 wrote:

i completely agree with what you said you hate when people complain about they're ugly and don't do anything about. i always hear people complaining and i just wanna tell them then get off your butt and do something about it.


Uh-huh! Exactly, and these are usually the people who always blame the media about portraying how someone should look.
At one point they want to look pretty, but blame everything else for their looks saying they don't want to fall into media's heap. =____=;

Absolutely nothing with being healthy and looking nice. You'll like yourself better :/
I just can't tolerate or hang around someone who constantly complains and does nothing =___=;


Yes!!! Exactly!! finally someone thinks the same thing.
wwe
128580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / where all my drea...
Offline
Posted 3/8/11

Kippu wrote:


Inoyasha5 wrote:

i completely agree with what you said you hate when people complain about they're ugly and don't do anything about. i always hear people complaining and i just wanna tell them then get off your butt and do something about it.


Uh-huh! Exactly, and these are usually the people who always blame the media about portraying how someone should look.
At one point they want to look pretty, but blame everything else for their looks saying they don't want to fall into media's heap. =____=;

Absolutely nothing with being healthy and looking nice. You'll like yourself better :/
I just can't tolerate or hang around someone who constantly complains and does nothing =___=;



I agree with what you said also i dont like it when ppl just go up to others and think there better then them by looks

I know i am not ugly and dont feel it i am happy with who i am



Love Yourself,Believe in Yourself, Find the Spirit Within And Your Dreams Will Come True

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.