First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Crunchyroll Roku Channel Updated
40011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/26/11
Using it but it lost a lot of organization although it does have the netflix feel to it
42171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Arcen
Offline
Posted 10/19/11
I have a question, maybe it is already asked but can I watch Crunchyroll on Roku in Europe? (The Netherlands to be specific).
I am premium member, but besides that it should be possible to order and use it right?

Thanks in advance!
20049 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Denmark
Offline
Posted 10/20/11
You will have to make the Roku think it's in the US to use it at all, but that's not too hard. I'm using my Roku for CR, Hulu and Netflix here in Denmark just fine.
The Wise Wizard
74732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 10/21/11
If anyone is looking to order a Roku 2 XS directly from Roku, there is currently a code that gives a $15 discount:

csc-25

If you do not see a place to enter the code on the "step 1" checkout screen, make certain you are using the link above ( http://shop.roku.com/partner/), as leaving off the "partner" will result in a normal checkout that has no coupon box.

Don't forget to click the "Apply Coupon" button after entering the coupon code.

Please note this code could expire at any time.
20049 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Denmark
Offline
Posted 10/27/11
Is the Roku app going to support high definition any time soon? Seems like such a waste that it doesn't.
Mahzes 
66108 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / London, England, UK
Offline
Posted 1/14/12

Naiera wrote:

You will have to make the Roku think it's in the US to use it at all, but that's not too hard. I'm using my Roku for CR, Hulu and Netflix here in Denmark just fine.

I just got a Roku today and can't seem to find a way to search for the Crunchyroll channel. How can I get it? I'm in the UK.
40224 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / USA (Greater Wash...
Offline
Posted 1/23/12
I can't find this anywhere - when the shows load on the Roku, there's a quality indicator with 4 dots - it always shows the quality on the 2nd dot, and even when I changed my default streaming from 480p to 720p it doesn't change to fill that 3rd dot.

I guess I want to know what the dots actually mean and how I can take advantage of the 720p stream on my Roku
The Wise Wizard
74732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 1/23/12

cowbaka wrote:

I can't find this anywhere - when the shows load on the Roku, there's a quality indicator with 4 dots - it always shows the quality on the 2nd dot, and even when I changed my default streaming from 480p to 720p it doesn't change to fill that 3rd dot.

I guess I want to know what the dots actually mean and how I can take advantage of the 720p stream on my Roku

My understanding is the dots represent the bitrate. Currently CR does not do higher than 480p for the encodes for the Roku.

For Netflix, those dots correspond to rates of 0.5, 1.0, 1.6, and 2.2Mbps, but I am not certain if that is true for all Roku streaming content.

40224 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / USA (Greater Wash...
Offline
Posted 1/24/12

TheAncientOne wrote:

My understanding is the dots represent the bitrate. Currently CR does not do higher than 480p for the encodes for the Roku.

For Netflix, those dots correspond to rates of 0.5, 1.0, 1.6, and 2.2Mbps, but I am not certain if that is true for all Roku streaming content.



Well in any case, 480p on the Roku looks pretty good - both the 480p and 720p on my laptop has a lot of artifacting, but the Roku is smooth. My laptop is a Core i5 with an Nvidia graphics card, so I know it can handle it.
The Wise Wizard
74732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 1/24/12

cowbaka wrote:
Well in any case, 480p on the Roku looks pretty good - both the 480p and 720p on my laptop has a lot of artifacting, but the Roku is smooth. My laptop is a Core i5 with an Nvidia graphics card, so I know it can handle it.

Definitely. The Core i5 could handle it in software, but the NVIDIA chip would also be new enough to support the hardware decode acceleration functions built into Flash 10.1 and later.

20049 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Denmark
Offline
Posted 2/16/12

Mahzes wrote:


Naiera wrote:

You will have to make the Roku think it's in the US to use it at all, but that's not too hard. I'm using my Roku for CR, Hulu and Netflix here in Denmark just fine.

I just got a Roku today and can't seem to find a way to search for the Crunchyroll channel. How can I get it? I'm in the UK.


As mentioned, you'll have to make the Roku box think it's in the US, using some sort of VPN service, or Unblock Us, which I use. I have no experience with using the UK version of the Roku Streaming Player for this though.
The Wise Wizard
74732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 2/16/12

Naiera wrote:


Mahzes wrote:
I just got a Roku today and can't seem to find a way to search for the Crunchyroll channel. How can I get it? I'm in the UK.


As mentioned, you'll have to make the Roku box think it's in the US, using some sort of VPN service, or Unblock Us, which I use. I have no experience with using the UK version of the Roku Streaming Player for this though.

Actually, he reported about 12 days ago that CR got Roku to fix the problem with their app not being available there.

54346 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Hickory, Kentucky
Offline
Posted 2/28/12

cowbaka wrote:


TheAncientOne wrote:

My understanding is the dots represent the bitrate. Currently CR does not do higher than 480p for the encodes for the Roku.

For Netflix, those dots correspond to rates of 0.5, 1.0, 1.6, and 2.2Mbps, but I am not certain if that is true for all Roku streaming content.



Well in any case, 480p on the Roku looks pretty good - both the 480p and 720p on my laptop has a lot of artifacting, but the Roku is smooth. My laptop is a Core i5 with an Nvidia graphics card, so I know it can handle it.


I was wondering why I was only getting two dots on my roku. Now I know. I only got it to step away from the pc so it does it's job fine regardless :). Though 1080p would be epic.
5010 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Puerto Rico
Offline
Posted 3/3/12
this is what stopping me from buying a premium membership here at crunchyroll since i only get 2 dots of quality why should i pay for the HQ streaming when it isn't working on the roku, also guys the roku app has updated to version 1.2 on February 27 2012 can anyone upload a change log or link me to it or can anyone confirm if HD is working with this new version, the only thing ive noticed is the icon has changed to something other than the one on the website
66400 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Northeast Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 3/4/12 , edited 3/25/12

ghostface22 wrote:

this is what stopping me from buying a premium membership here at crunchyroll since i only get 2 dots of quality why should i pay for the HQ streaming when it isn't working on the roku, ...

No ads and 480p is an upgrade on free ad-streaming which is with ads. I don't know what resolution the ad-stream to the Roku is (I never looked at the dots on dramas when my membership had dropped down to anime-only for a while), but I wouldn't be surprised if its 360p.

Funimation.com doesn't offer a Roku channel at all, and Hulu charges a subscription and includes streaming ads ~ Hulu doesn't offer either a free option or an ad-free paid option for the Roku.

Edit: Also, even when they bring 720p to the Roku, it probably won't be "four dots of quality" ~ those are not quality dots, they are bits per second dots. Anime does not need as many bits per second as live video at the same video quality, so it would likely only go up to three dots.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.