First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Animes others love but you hate (and vice versa)
3066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / San Fran
Offline
Posted 3/18/11
Ever watched an anime that's highly praised that you didn't like at all? Or an anime that has a lot of haters that you didn't think was that bad? Let it off your chest! (and don't be afraid!)

Sorry Clannad fans, but I watched the entire series and was completely bored the whole freakin' time! The artwork was very generic and the characters were bland and uninteresting. Tomoyo was the only character I actually liked, the rest were just... Even the so-called comic relief characters weren't very funny . Hardly anything ever really happens and they just talk about their dumb lives like I'm supposed to give 2 shits, especially since I really don't care for these characters. To me, Clannad is no more distinguisable than any other anime out there and I don't get why it's so highly acclaimed!

As for vice versa, a lot of people give Naruto crap just because it's popular and long running. And what's especially annoying is when certain anime elitists assume that Naruto fans know of no other anime besides Naruto, which is an unfair overgeneralization! I watch a lot of other animes besides just Naruto and you don't have to be a newbie to the anime genre in order to like it! It wouldn't be my absolute favorite show right now, but I do enjoy it when it's good. Despite it's flaws and annoying fanbase, it actually has a complex and intriguing storyline and a wide array of different characters from all walks of life. The artwork, while not the most glamorous, is actually quite unique. The characters, I think, are one of the strongest aspects of the show. They make you pay attention to them, whether it's positive or negative. I think that the large cast makes it easier to pick your favorites. Some may say they're stereotypical, but they make it work! (And some are even more complex than you think they are). Did you know that the mangaka (Kishimoto) uses a lot of reference to religion and Japanese mythology when coming up with a plot? This is what gives the storyline substance and meaning so it's really not that dumb. And people call it preditable, but I honestly don't know how the story will end. Perhaps Naruto won't become Hokage? (It's possible). So yeah, there are much worse animes than Naruto out there.

66780 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Lagrange, KY
Offline
Posted 3/18/11


this scene in after story, nuff said.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IwN67M4UGQ&playnext=1&list=PL19422A3F71B14FB1
if you don't feel anything then yeah but i like both and willing to admit both have their faults
54768 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Calgary, AB
Offline
Posted 3/19/11
One Piece. Don't get me wrong, its an great anime, except for the fact that each episode is really 10 minutes instead of 15-17 minutes because of the long ass recap. Going to read the manga instead lol.
19908 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / in your closet
Offline
Posted 3/19/11
- Vampire Knight: It's not really interesting. It lacks plot. It's the same thing happening every time.
- Shugo Chara: It's really kiddish and immature. I mean, eggs and fairies? Really? Neko guys isn't really my type. The storyline is boring.

- Bleach: I don't get why everyone's starting to hate Bleach. It's actually not even that bad. The manga is growing, so of course you can't expect too much of it. You just have to be patient. I wish they could've ended the anime after the Aizen arc because it's still close to the manga. The fillers aren't that bad though. Just don't watch it then instead of complaining. One Piece is popular in Japan and Naruto is popular in the USA. Bleach is popular internationally.
- One Piece: I really don't get why everyone hates One Piece because of the art. You can't judge a book by its cover sometimes. Even though the art is different from the rest of the animes/mangas out there, the storyline is amazing. It's different art and storyline is what makes it special than the rest. I mean, how many times are you going to see anything like this(pirates, etc.)?
528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 4/25/11
Fruits basket

y do ppl like it u_u?
54058 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Wisconsin
Offline
Posted 4/25/11
Bleach & Naruto: I know there are a lot of Bleach and Naruto Haters but I see nothing wrong with either of them I like them both only I like Bleach more
One Piece: Yeah I know a lot of people hate it for the art and I used to be one of those people until I gave it a chance and I did and I love it! XD

Gundam series: ehh I have to say I don't like it I watched a few episodes and personally I found it quite boring and I'm not much of a Mecha person to begin with. I only watched it for a bit because one of my friends told me I had to watch it because it was very good. Not my cup of tea really. and I felt bad telling her I didn't like it

Pokemon: ehhh......Yu-Gi-Oh!/GX/5D's is more entertaining than this. Of course its my opinion. With Pokemon I just couldn't get into it really again I found it quite boring even if the character has the same name as me (Ash)
38610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M
Offline
Posted 4/25/11
I used to really get tired of people who praise Evangelion. Mediocre show with terrible ending.. really, the ending was so bad it retroactively made the rest of the series suck.
This has faded a bit in recent years, mostly because the sow is old enough that it's rarely discussed anymore.

I don't really care about One Piece, but I get tired of hearing about it.

I like Kampfer.. so many people hate on it, but I just have to laugh at it, because it's inexplicably insane. Natsuru is a moron, with 3 girls hanging all over him, in both forms, but he can't stop wanting the man-hating psycho Sakura-san, who caused all of his trouble to start with, and is only interested in the girl version. It's almost a lesbian-ized Ranma with rather more (and yet, simultaneously, less) fanservice. Ranma gets a break from haters due to classic status (and remember, Ranma was actually cancelled at the end of season 1).
66780 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Lagrange, KY
Offline
Posted 4/25/11 , edited 4/25/11

kiojonny wrote:

I used to really get tired of people who praise Evangelion. Mediocre show with terrible ending.. really, the ending was so bad it retroactively made the rest of the series suck.
This has faded a bit in recent years, mostly because the sow is old enough that it's rarely discussed anymore.

I don't really care about One Piece, but I get tired of hearing about it.

I like Kampfer.. so many people hate on it, but I just have to laugh at it, because it's inexplicably insane. Natsuru is a moron, with 3 girls hanging all over him, in both forms, but he can't stop wanting the man-hating psycho Sakura-san, who caused all of his trouble to start with, and is only interested in the girl version. It's almost a lesbian-ized Ranma with rather more (and yet, simultaneously, less) fanservice. Ranma gets a break from haters due to classic status (and remember, Ranma was actually cancelled at the end of season 1).


the movie reboots are better but well that's me.

hmmm really having to do this now... oh boy here comes the flames I hate the melancholy of harui blah blah blah bs. That anime provoked me ins such a bad way that I have never wanted to choke a bitch like harui so much the point of death. Even with everything else in the series that tries to make up for it that character alone just pisses me off so much there is no making up for it note even yuki-chan. I have so much hatred for this character which ruined an okay show that I can not even express it openly on a pg-13 board.

on the defense side Toradora. A lot of people seem to hate it but I just love it and yes I am willing to admit it's a bit overrated but ti's still a good series over all. I see that a lot of people didn't make past the half way mark which is shame due to the fact that's when the drama/romance really heats up between tagia and ryujii. The series does a complete 180 on everyone and just goes from happy go lucky, to shit got serious time. I can't help it i love romance/drama stories and I thought like most of you it was going to be another generic harem but it proved me wrong in the end which is why I love it so much.. That's all I can say for it, if you hate it you hate i love it and no one is going to change my mind.
20435 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/25/11
Slice of life/Drama just ain't your thing then.

K-on, moe for me is just no.

Code Geass, I could never get into it. Watched 6 episodes of the first season and I thought it was boring. I even spoiled the ending for both seasons, the cliffhanger in S1 and CC in S2 just so I wouldn't have to watch it again.

Lucky Star, it joins up with k-on.
Posted 4/25/11
Fruits basket - It's just another generic romance anime. I see nothing special in it. Even the characters are stereotypical and forgettable.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka - I really don't see why many people are crazy about it. The characters are so bland and the so far the story fails to impress me.

K-on! - Don't even get me started on this show.
66780 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Lagrange, KY
Offline
Posted 4/25/11 , edited 4/25/11

KatSerEst wrote:

Fruits basket - It's just another generic romance anime. I see nothing special in it. Even the characters are stereotypical and forgettable.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka - I really don't see why many people are crazy about it. The characters are so bland and the so far the story fails to impress me.

K-on! - Don't even get me started on this show.


this is the only time k-on is good is in the fan-art below... that's another show i have a lot of digust for.. I didn't mind the 1st season to much and thought it was going to be a passing fad but it got second season plus a movie is coming and now even hints at a 3rd season... Really japan really?? There are no words for my anger but well what can you do?
also wait until epiosde 3 of madoka


367 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 4/25/11
I hate Naruto, Bleach and Fairy Tail. But I like One Piece.
11232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Australia.
Offline
Posted 4/25/11 , edited 4/25/11

vodavid wrote:

One Piece. Don't get me wrong, its an great anime, except for the fact that each episode is really 10 minutes instead of 15-17 minutes because of the long ass recap. Going to read the manga instead lol.


Actually its 15 minutes instead of 22 minutes (150 second opening, 5 minute recap). Its so they don't have to do fillers like Naruto or Bleach. Its a great concept actually as I'd much rather watch 1-2 chapters per episode and the anime rarely ever having fillers then using 10 chapters per episode resulting in filler arcs every 30 episodes. Though yeah the manga is better.

Oh I hate the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya. i cannot understand why people like anything about the series. The brat Haruhi is just that a brat and none of the other characters have the balls to do anything as they don't want the universe to end.
Posted 4/25/11 , edited 4/27/11
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, I don't really know what it is about this series but I can't really put my finger on it, I just couldn't bring myself to like it at all.

Kaichou wa Maid-sama, I just happened to watch it when I started getting over shoujo animes so I just gave it a try at the wrong time, I probably would have watched it a year ago.

La Corda D'Oro, forgot about this show.. It was just boring.

Since it was a two part Q: Err something I like people hate, Tegami Bachi, I can guess it's mainly over Lag Seeings waterworks..

Fushigi Yugi, I think I've met more people who didn't like it, I don't think it's that bad.
Posted 4/26/11

Cecilthedarkknight234 wrote:


KatSerEst wrote:

Fruits basket - It's just another generic romance anime. I see nothing special in it. Even the characters are stereotypical and forgettable.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka - I really don't see why many people are crazy about it. The characters are so bland and the so far the story fails to impress me.

K-on! - Don't even get me started on this show.


this is the only time k-on is good is in the fan-art below... that's another show i have a lot of digust for.. I didn't mind the 1st season to much and thought it was going to be a passing fad but it got second season plus a movie is coming and now even hints at a 3rd season... Really japan really?? There are no words for my anger but well what can you do?
also wait until epiosde 3 of madoka




Lol I agree with you regarding the fanart. And K-on is so overrated. It's just not good enough to deserve a 3rd season and a movie... let alone a 2nd season. But it has and that sucks.

About Madoka, I'm already done watching that episode but no, it didn't do it for me. It is entertaining but there's nothing in that show that I haven't seen before. That's what I think.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.