First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
CR app for 3ds?
12042 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 3/20/11
I was wondering if you guys could develop an app for the 3ds? It is going to have netflix app so I dot see why we cant maybe have an app for crunchy roll. Maybe in the future when 3d anime starts airing or 3d anime trailers, you can put them up in the on your site/app

By the way I am sad there is no ps3 app I was really hoping for one.
52112 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Chicago, IL
Offline
Posted 3/28/11 , edited 3/28/11
Oh, I like this idea. I feel like there is such a large demand for Crunchyroll, but not enough resources (i.e. staff, funding) for them to keep up.
Ronin
95035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / California
Offline
Posted 3/28/11
If the platform is open, then I don't see any problems arising with us getting on 3DS but, if it's closed and they pick and choose who gets to develop for it, then there will be problems.
50318 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / South Waterfront,...
Offline
Posted 3/29/11
It sounds like a good idea, but given that Nintendo has yet to fully release specs for the 3DS and the brutal DRM system, open platform doesn't look too good. The next biggest issue will be RAM. If it's the same as the DSi, good luck getting a full episode to buffer on it.

Nonetheless, I would like to see Crunchyroll try it at least.
49877 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Online playing......
Offline
Posted 4/2/11

francehopper wrote:

It sounds like a good idea, but given that Nintendo has yet to fully release specs for the 3DS and the brutal DRM system, open platform doesn't look too good. The next biggest issue will be RAM. If it's the same as the DSi, good luck getting a full episode to buffer on it.

Nonetheless, I would like to see Crunchyroll try it at least.


The 3DS has 128 MB FCRAM with an ARM processor, if that's any help. Lol. But keep in mind, that Netflix is coming in May to the Nintendo 3DS, so I don't think it would be a problem with streaming content. I'd vote for Crunchyroll on 3DS. Or maybe it could at least play through the web browser built in or something? I dunno. Lol.
50318 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / South Waterfront,...
Offline
Posted 4/2/11

CrossForte wrote:


francehopper wrote:

It sounds like a good idea, but given that Nintendo has yet to fully release specs for the 3DS and the brutal DRM system, open platform doesn't look too good. The next biggest issue will be RAM. If it's the same as the DSi, good luck getting a full episode to buffer on it.

Nonetheless, I would like to see Crunchyroll try it at least.


The 3DS has 128 MB FCRAM with an ARM processor, if that's any help. Lol. But keep in mind, that Netflix is coming in May to the Nintendo 3DS, so I don't think it would be a problem with streaming content. I'd vote for Crunchyroll on 3DS. Or maybe it could at least play through the web browser built in or something? I dunno. Lol.


128MB would probably be enough to run a slimmed down version of the site, albet with very little room for caching. If the most of the content is just pushed real-time, I think something should be doable. Flash would be the biggest memory hog I bet. All the more reason to use something else.
5192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/2/11
3ds is getting an update in may with a app store and netflix so hopefully cr will be on it for july or august
51832 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 6/6/11
I love this idea /sign
42162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Kansas City, Miss...
Offline
Posted 6/6/11
i love this idea a support it. it would be awesome to see all anime in 3d or drama in 3d
58375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / KS
Offline
Posted 6/6/11
Sounds like a great idea! It should be open to code for, they'll review it first I'm sure (much like the app store). Good Luck!
796 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Bronx
Offline
Posted 7/7/11
Im in favor of crunchyroll on the 3DS
42162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Kansas City, Miss...
Offline
Posted 7/14/11 , edited 7/14/11
if netflixs is on the 3ds why cant the crunchyroll any more news on if we are going to get crunchyroll and the 3ds?
The Wise Wizard
100935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 7/14/11

Nekoboyz wrote:

if netflixs is on the 3ds why cant the crunchyroll any more news on if we are going to get crunchyroll and the 3ds?

I've stated this before, but it probably bears repeating:

Netflix's IT budget is probably more than Crunchyroll's revenue.

30130 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 7/14/11
if there was a voting system then yes i vote CR app for the 3DS!
39658 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Construction land!
Offline
Posted 7/14/11
Sounds like an interesting idea. But I fear that between the closed platform and the fact that I don't think Nintendo would see it as beneficial to them means that the idea would never come to be.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.